Hug-a-Carb Month

Carbohydrates do so much for us. For all that, they deserve a month of love. What do you think? I declare October to be Hug a Carb month! Now go love you some carbs!

apples6

1. Sünne says:

Great idea! One really shouldn’t eliminate carbs (or protein and fat, that is) from one’s diet. They’re what all delicious foods are made of, really everything (hello, fruit contains carbs, too!).

And thanks again for your inspiring carb-loaded 😉 recipes and your defense of carb-food!

2. Sünne says:

Oh, also: Did you already post the recipe for the Apple-Raisin blended barley? Looks totally like my kind of recipe (though this applies to all of your recipes, I think)!

3. Marina says:

Oats definitely 😀
    Oh, I will celebrate carbs this month. I already feel the increasing need for them. It’s getting colder, I’m getting stressed out, I need my fuel 🙂

4. How appropriate – I’m eating a giant bowl of butternut squash/cashew butter/pumpkin butter/banana oats right now and they are carb-tastic!

5. brandi says:

“hug a carb” month – ha, I love it. Count me in! 🙂

6. Anne says:

OMG great idea!

I’ll give it a shout out on my blog 🙂

7. Aww Anne, you’re a sweetheart!

8. Teresa says:

My favorite grain? I’ve gotta go with my pal quinoa. I love it for so many reasons, but one reason is that it can be made as a hot or a cold dish.

9. buffmuffy says:

fave grain.. hm i dunno i really like oats but i love pancakes and i just dont know if flour counts lol. i love lots of things made with flour tbh.
    the chcolate chip cookie dough is going straight into a recipe file … omg i want to try it.
    -muffy

10. I am living a hug-a-carb VIDA hahaha. But I like where your head is at. I will join in the celebration of carbies

11. Caroline says:

Katie…why in the world would I want to hug a carb???…when I can EAT it instead 🙂

I like the carb-promoting posts! And your mom makes homemade whole wheat bread! My goodness, you are a lucky girl!

12. Yay for carbs! This post is making me hungry for sure!

13. Jessica says:

I don’t know if I can name a favorite grain!! I guess it would have to be oats…specifically hot oat bran!

I’m gonna hug a nice loaf of warm, crusty bread later! 😉

14. Jessica says:

OMG all of those oats looks so yummy! I would have to say my favorite is oat BRAN. Yum.

15. ohkansascity says:

Like I’ve said before, I don’t eat grains very often, but I suppose if I had to chose one it would probably be buckwheat. Warm buckwheat porridge is amazing.

16. veganminded says:

Mmm, that apple-raisin barley looks amazing! I must say that I am definitely a carb lover and I am finding it difficult to choose a favorite grain. Oats are my most consumed grain, but I think I am going with quinoa as a favorite. It’s just so nutritious!

17. jcd says:

I love it!

I have to agree with you, oats are my favourite grain too. Barley would have to be my second choice.

Back to munching on some homemade onion cakes for lunch… mmm… carbs…

PS – pancakes last night were excellent. Chocolate PB spread and coconut flakes on pancakes is delicious!

18. Maggie says:

I’d have to say oat bran. I guess that’s the same as oatmeal 🙂 Definitely the best grain. I still have to try oat bran in the rice cooker since the oatmeal came out so well 🙂

19. Nora says:

I just made your carby blender cereal!

Oats for sure though.