Rice Crispy Treat Babies Variations
Lower-Calorie Variation Ideas:
Lower-Fat Option: Decrease the nut butter amount by two tablespoons.
Lower-Sugar Option: You can decrease the sweetener by 1 or 2 tablespoons, but be aware that the bars won’t stay together quite as well.
Below are some other lower-calorie options I brainstormed, but haven’t tried. Anyone want to try one of these variations out and let me know how the squares (or balls) taste??
- Use puffed cereal in place of crispies
- Instead of the peanut butter, use Banana Butter
- Sub mashed banana for some of the pb (or applesauce or pumpkin)
- Omit pb entirely, and use 1/4 cup vegan butter instead
- Blend the crispies with the other ingredients, instead of simply stirring them together (This last one isn’t actually a lower-calorie option… but it’s something I thought up, and I’m curious to know how/if it works!)
- Some commenters meantioned a spread called “Better n Peanut Butter.” If you like that, perhaps you can try it in this recipe?