- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil, nut butter, or applesauce or mashed banana for fat-free
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (here's a sugar free donut recipe)
- 1 cup flour, loosely packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional pinch cardamom
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Grease a donut pan or mini muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add all remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Once oven is preheated, stir wet into dry until evenly mixed (don’t overmix). Bake on the center rack 8 minutes or until donuts have risen and are cooked through. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Vegan frosting recipes are included above in this post. View Nutrition Facts
The donuts make a great breakfast with this Tofu Scramble Recipe.
If you're a visual person, be sure to watch the recipe video above.
The vegan donut recipe works with white, all purpose, spelt, oat, or bob’s gf all purpose flour. I have not tried it with almond flour, coconut flour, or whole wheat flour, so feel free to experiment with other options at your own risk.