- 1 can black beans (For low-carb, try this Keto Cookie Dough Dip)
- 3 1/2 tbsp regular or dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup fat source of choice (see note)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional chocolate chips or add-ins of choice
*Feel free to sub chickpeas or white beans for the black beans. Or you can use 1 1/2 cups cooked beans instead of canned.To make the chocolate hummus, drain and rinse beans well. Combine all ingredients except add-ins in a food processor until completely smooth like brownie batter. Stir in chocolate chips if using. (A few commenters had success with a blender, but a food processor will yield a smoother texture.) Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated 4-5 days. A few serving suggestions are listed earlier in the post.View Nutrition Facts
This recipe was adapted from my Black Bean Brownies.
Almond, cashew, coconut, or peanut butter, or a regular butter spread can be used. The listed fat and sweetener are the lowest amounts where readers across the board still loved the recipe, so just keep that in mind if you cut back even more on any of the ingredients.