Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

What’s with the lack of chocolate posts?!

I’m not living up to my title very well, am I?

Rest assured that even though the Little Vegan isn’t posting about chocolate, she is still consuming it in ridiculously exorbitant quantities. Just in case anyone was worried ;o)

But here’s a chocolate post for ya! My friend is from Ohio, so I decided to surprise him for his birthday by making something to remind him of home. The buckeye is the state tree of Ohio, and “buckeyes” refer to the nuts on the tree (the Native Americans thought the nuts looked like bucks’ eyes, hence the name). The buckeye confection, which uses peanut butter and chocolate to resemble the nut, is a popular indulgence in Ohio. It also happened to be quite popular at my friend’s party here in Dallas!

1. Vegan_Noodle says:

I want one, or two or ten. This post definitely lives up to your namesake :-)

2. VeggieGirl says:

BUCKEYES!!! A classic Ohioan treat. So you have TWO friends in Ohio then!! :0D

3. vko says:

Oh looks tasty! At first I thought they were Whoppers- I miss Whoppers but those Buckeyes- how could it not be right…peanut butter & chocolate!

4. Kumudha says:

Buckeyes look delicious! Thanks for the link to the recipe.

5. Rural Vegan says:

Oh how cute they are! I want them! I want them!

6. Vegetation says:

Oh dear, peanut butter, sugar and chocolate…..all together?!?!? My taste buds are loving you! (my waistline not so much :()

7. Vegetation says:

8. Ruby Red Vegan says:

those look just like buckeyes! my grandma used to tell me buckeyes were lucky… i used to have a lucky buckeye, but i lost it. oops. well, yours look mighty delicious! i didn’t realize they were a nut.

it’s good to hear that you are getting enough chocolate. :)

9. Emilie says:

10. Ashasarala says:

Reminds me of peanut butter balls. That looks like the perfect dessert.

As the Reeses commercial says, ‘Ever since Peanut Butter hooked up with Chocolate, Peanut Butter still talks to Jelly, but the relationship is very strained.’

11. maybepigscanfly says:

I used to make buckeyes (non-vegan) with my neighbor when I was little. She is from Ohio and claimed that hers were better than the ones that they sold to tourists. But I think that your vegan version is the best!

12. Missy the Garden Freak says:

i’d have to say that i really really enjoy reading your blog.. i love seeing all of the ways you come up with these vegan delights, i myself am not vegan but i do give you TONS of credit for coming up with all of these little goodies… i am a CHOCO HOLIC like yourself and i’m tempted to try some of your recipes now… how can one chocolate lovers palette be THAT MUCH different then another chocolate lover? right? anywho, keep up the great work and all of the mouth watering posts of your food and snacks… it’s been such fun reading all your stuff.. and you have a GREAT sense of humor.. good times! happy holidays!

13. Amy says:

I can’t even explain how delicious those look.

Reese’s peanut butter cups were definitely my favorite. And now a vegan version? I think I need a little time to digest that information… Hahaha.

14. VegMomma says:

Oh, you’re so sweet! Sigh… I love chocolate-covered….things… 😉

15. Pink Theory says:

like vegan_noodle, I want some! Those are cute. I know an Ohio State fanatic and she would love those.

16. vegetalion says:

oh. my. god. they look awesome.

17. Anonymous says:

the link doesnt work anymore :(