My yummy Valentine
Sweet chocolate Valentine
You make me smile…
On Valentine’s Day, you don’t have to choose: you can be kind to your sweet tooth and to your heart! You can have your chocolate (mousse) and eat it too. And the best part is that you can whip up this sumptuous chocolate dessert in about five minutes flat!
(Teddy bear sold separately.)
My chocolate mousse recipe came about one day when I had extra time on my hands (always a dangerous thing) and extra tofu in my refrigerator. In an attempt to rescue the tofu from going bad, I threw it into the Magic Bullet, added a few other key ingredients: healthy, five-minute mousse for one!
Chocolate Mousse for One
- 110 grams silken-firm tofu (such as Mori-Nu; about 1/3 of the package)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (dutch-processed cocoa or Hershey’s special dark)
- tiny dash salt
- up to 2 tsp liquid (such as water or milk of choice)
- sweetener, to taste (sugar, stevia, agave, etc)
- optional: almond or mint extract, instant coffee or espresso, peanut butter, flakes of coconut, or another fun flavoring– be creative!
Blend in the Magic Bullet or food processor. Then eat like there’s no tomorrow! Or make it into a pie!