Oh Brother(s)!

When the Brothers Company asked if I’d like to sample some of their freeze-dried fruit crisps, I jumped at the chance. Here’s a look at what came in the package:

(From top left: Asian Pear, White-and-Yellow Peach, Strawberry-Banana, Strawberry, Fuji Apple, Pineapple)

• Each bag of fruit crisps has around 30-70 calories and no added sugar, preservatives, or artificial coloring.
  • Depending on the variety, the fruit crisps have one to two grams of fiber per bag
  • One bag of Brothers-All-Natural Fruit Crisps provides the equivalent of two servings of fruit.
  • All varieties are peanut/tree nut free, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, vegan, and kosher certified.
  • Plus, the bags are portable, they’re mess-free, and they stay fresh for up to 1 year.

Below, some freeze-dried snacking:

My second-favorite–Asian Pear–with Pumpkin-Pie Pudding.

1. talieworld says:

The crisps sound great!

I much admit I am pretty jealous of your weather because its still snowing where I am!

2. whatawalnut says:

Oh, yum! Those peach crisps sound amazing!

3. T says:

Love the pear and pumpkin pudding combo! Looks too good!

4. Maggie says:

I just saw Heather’s concoction and it looked awesome :)

I wore capris today! Yayyyy for a hint of spring!

I’m getting excited for the pumpkin recipe… I have a can sitting in the fridge that i need to use up.

5. shelby says:

I’ve had those before! I love them!

Mmm, love the whole wheat wrap and the pudding. Yours always looks so creamy, I’m jealous. I still haven’t been able to master the technique. My puddings always have pieces of agar in it =(

6. Nicole (anotheronebitesthecrust.wordpress.com) says:

I am so jealous of the weather!

I must get my hands on those crisps!!!

7. Meg says:

I have only tried the pears, but I am wanting to try some more. They seem like the perfect on the go snack!

8. I ♥ puggies says:

That’s so neat that companies send you stuff for free all the time. They look yummy!

9. Kiersten says:

I love those crisps. I eat the apple and pear ones all the time. I have never seen the other ones yet though, I’d love to try those.

(Great song choice today)

10. Chelsea says:

So you could eat these in space? Hmmmm I don’t know if I’d want to eat space food on Earth. I guess I just don’t get it! I’m the kind of person who would much rather just eat some fruit. Wasn’t there a Seinfeld episode about that? haha

11. Marianne says:

Thanks for the shout out! I did quite enjoy my blended oatmeal. Next on my list – something savoy to go with dinner one night.

Those peach ones look awesome. I would so dive into that one right away!

12. Vegan On Stage says:

wow those sound great!!!!! where can we get them?

13. Kiki says:

Aw, thank you Katie! It’s such an honor to get a shout out from a blogger as wonderful as you :]

I saw those fruit crisps in a random snack shop recently, I should have bought some! I’ll keep an eye out for them. Hope you had a great day!

14. Bethany says:

those fruit crisps look awesome. I’ve had strawberries like this before and love them. yum!

15. ttfn300 says:

they are very fun, yum yum :)

16. River says:

You had me at crispity-crunchy! I’ve never seen those around here but I’ll look for them on the road.

We went to Whole Foods today and guess what I bought? Silken tofu! I am slowly conquering my fears towards making your yogurtlicious yummies. It’s staring at me from the kitchen, so it is a little intimidating.

17. imadedinner says:

I’m addicted to those crisps!! The pears are my favorite.

18. Erin says:

Those chips sound pretty amazing! I am also a chip addict. Or I can be if they are around me. Must find some!

19. foodsthatfit says:

Those look great! I’d love to try those, I have seen them in stores, but might have to check them out! Thanks for the review!

20. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Thanks for the shout out Katie. Can’t wait for the pumpkin recipe…I’m sure you’ll be seeing it on my blog soon. :)

Love you and all your eats!

Thanks for the review. Those freeze dried fruits would be great to pack for trips. Always looking for airport security friendly portable snacks.