So a guy walks into a bar

Mountain Mint Wild Bars

Mountain Mint Wild Bars and I first crossed paths a few months ago in New York City.  But part of me wishes we’d never met.  Is this because Wild Bars don’t taste good?  Heck no!  It’s because they taste so incredibly over-the-moon, turn-your-world-upside-down delicious that my poor wallet is having apoplexy trying to figure out how to support this new addiction.  Wild Bars, you see, are $5 each!  (Foolishly, I neglected to look at the price when I purchased my first bar.) Is there a certain product that—due to its high cost—you wish you’d never discovered?

I can think of quite a few… like Chocolate Coconut Butter!

Back to the story:  Just one unassuming green package combines velvety, bitter chocolate, intense, cooling mint and rich, chewy macadamia nuts for a truly-tantalizing flavor explosion.  They’re heaven if you’re a hard-core chocolate or mint lover.  (I happen to be one of both.)  And if you heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds?  There are no words.

All that flavor and a healthy dose of fiber (14g per bar), Omega 3s, vitamins such as B12 and Phosphorous, and antioxidants—it’d be pretty darn perfect, if one could only solve the nagging problem of that high price.  Apparently, the bars are so expensive thanks to one of their ingredients: blue green algae.  Wha???  Are you kidding me? Algae, as in the algae that grows at the bottom of my pool??? (CCK’s mind is going a hundred miles a minute right now, trying to figure out how she can market the crap in her pool…)

If you’re Donald Trump and you are reading this post, go out right now and buy caseloads of these bars. (And send some to me, please!).  Otherwise, stay far, far away so as not to get addicted to the wildly-delicious, wildly-pricy Mountain Mint Wild Bars.  (I wasn’t keen on the orange-flavored bars, hence their absence from this post.)  To the chagrin of my tummy and delight of my aforementioned wallet, I can’t find Wild Bars in Texas.  But you can bet your (tempeh) bacon that I stock up every time I go to NYC.  *Sigh* What else is a chocolate-addicted girl to do?

Wild Lovin’

z 836

To summarize: If money is no object, get thee to a grocery store to buy up some Wild Bars! And please don’t forget your favorite chocoholic, whose birthday is September 6th. 😉

I’m working on homemade Wild bars, based on this recipe: 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars.

Tags:

1. Jessica says:

I’ve never seen those bars before but you make them sound so amazing! I’m still looking for the new Larabar flavors too, so I have quite a few things to try :)

2. brandi says:

i would definitely buy you some bars, but I can’t find them here! maybe a good thing since I have a feeling I would love that mint one, too.

3. Nora says:

Good thing I don’t like choc and mint together!

4. Shelby says:

Wildbars are INSANE! I wish I could find them around me, so freaking good!

5. Lainie says:

Love those bars – they’re great! There are SO MANY products I wish I’d never discovered due to their cost….upscale brands of natural nut butters, all-things organic, larabars, etc. It’s not that any of these things are crazy expensive on their own…it’s just that when you add them to a weekly grocery bill, it jumps by a scary amount.

Cute pictures of you!

6. jcd says:

Cocoa Nibs http://www.navitasnaturals.com/products/cacao/cacao-nibs-sweet.html – so incredibly wonderful, but so pricey. It’s like a super dark bitter chocolate overdose in every spoonful I steal from the bag. Chocolate chips don’t quite compare.

7. buffmuffy says:

Um yeah. Mountain Mint wildbars are not only deliciously amazing but they give so much energy and zest to life!! My god, I don’t think I can ever buy any and this makes me sad.
    I’m also a dark choco mint lover myself. Dream and heaven.
    Also the artisana products… coconut butter… lol.
    LOVE your pics. so freaking cute lol. you have such tiny arms! And are so gorgeous! Girl, I am all around jealous lol :)
    Bars really are the perfect college treat.
    -Muffy

8. *Andrea* says:

hahaha love your humor 😉 i will keep my eye out for those wild bars!! i agree though that the price is a deterrent but sometimes i’ll sneak a few in my mom’s shopping cart when she’s not looking haha. bbut when i’m at college all we have are the odwalla bars and cliff for sale on the mealplan :( you have such pretty eyes by the way!!

9. psychoj1 says:

5 dollars a bar?! Wow! That’s definitely a lot! But they must be so good! Mmm, if I see one, I might have to splurge 😀
    <3 jess

10. Damjana says:

I checked the site and I see there are just the best and most excellent ingredients (in my opinion) in it. No wonder they taste so delicious and they can’t be cheap because of the ingredients. But you might get some free samples for a review, that would be awsome!

11. JB says:

i love that mountain mint bar! i did the exact same thing as you when i bought my first one. i didn’t realize that it was five dollars! well, that one was also my last one. haha. so unfortunately they are not staples in my diet. i might buy one again sometime (i want to try the other flavor!) but for now i’m sticking to laras!

12. These bars look good! I need to go find some myself…..

13. jen molica says:

i love food in bar form, but since price is always an issue, i make my own bar jokes happen, guffaw!

14. Alison says:

I love most bars – especially Luna and Z bars – the cheaper option than Larabars or Pure bars although less healthy. They’re all expensive though. I really liked Pro bars, but they’re really expensive.

15. Maria says:

Hehe, your birthday is just 2 days before mine. We are almost birthday twins 😀 Are you turning 22? If you are, then we were born nearly at the same time, hehe. I get over zealous on these sort of things–I’m a kid at heart.

I heard some great things from HEABs on those bars too, and your [extremely cute] review just makes me want to spend that $5. The black and white photo really does highlight the bar. So cool!

16. Brandi (#2 I guess!) says:

Hmm very interesting. I will have to try this. I got a dark chocolate/mint bar from Spiral Diner the last time I was there and it was so good. I prefer dark chocolate too. And funny enough my birthday is September 8th! Go go Virgos.. :)

17. fadingcloser says:

ive been wanting to try those bars SOO bad!!
    i’ll have to pick at least ONE up next time im in ny…$5 is craaazy though! especially since i got an awesome 10 for $10 deal on lunas today! :)
    yay for being a virgo! my bday is coming up too..in fact..2 weeks from RIGHT NOW! :) yay birthdays!!

18. Allie Katie says:

Damn, homie those sound delicious!!! Also, I know I told you about the Touch of Sea Salt Lindt bars the other day-I just checked and sadly (for you and cows everywhere) they have milk in them. However, if there is ever a day that for one single second you think ‘screw the animals I am eating dairy’ (which I doubt :)) I beg you, make it this chocolate bar.
    xoxo!

19. Christina says:

Luckily, I haven’t yet found a chocolate nutrition bar I like so I’m not dying to try these. I do love vitatops and brownies though but they’re too expensive for me :( And of course random nut butters like walnut and macadamia!

20. randomlymikey says:

i have never seen one before but you now you have me wondering. can a bar really be good enough to spend 5 bucks on? that’s 5 luna bars. lol. i love you pix with it :)