So easy a Muggle can do it

(For those who haven’t read Harry Potter, a “muggle” is a person who lacks magical ability.)

m_thumb21

Red Pepper Magic Soup

(Makes 1 generous serving)

• 200 grams raw, sliced mushrooms
  • 200 grams red pepper slices
  • Oil, water, or broth for sautéing
  • Milk of choice (I like almond milk)
  • Garlic (I use 1 and 1/2 tablespoons)
  • Salt to taste

Sauté the peppers over high heat in your sautéing-liquid-of-choice, with a dash of salt. After about a minute, add the garlic.  When the peppers are soft, add the mushrooms and a bit more salt.  Stir fry for a few minutes more, then transfer to your food processor, blender, or Magic Bullet.  Add the liquid and blend.  I like to leave some of the mushrooms out of the blender (to be added in after blending, for extra chew).

Speaking of Magic… Harry Potter comes out today.  Anyone else excited?

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Sünne says:

Oooooooh, the soup looks really good! If only I had seen the recipe earlier I’d have bought some ‘shrooms! Well, I’ll have Fall’s favourite curry tonight … can’t wait to try it!

2. That soup looks fantastic! I think its something I could make and know that no one else in my house would eat it…AND i love that you said “Muggle”! Harry Potter makes me happy 🙂

3. I have never read Harry Potter! Thanks for letting me in on the secret of what a muggle is. 🙂 More delicious soup!!

4. Jessica says:

I’m not a Harry Potter fan, but I can understand how it sucks people in…it ended up happening for me with the Twilight series!

I have mushrooms and red pepper at home – yay!! 🙂

5. Caroline says:

Hey Katie,
    Not sure if you’re interested in this but I would be really, really interested to know how you and your family ate when in China and Japan/how a Chinese or Japanese family usually eats (if the two aren’t the same). I KNOW it can’t be the same as American Chinese food is!!

Have you tried Amy’s California Burgers? They’re not as high in protein but they have a wonderful taste of vegetables and bulgur wheat (I think..). Pretty sure they are vegan.

-Caroline

6. That soup looks so good!

For some reason, I never got into the Harry Potter books. I’ve seen all the movies though 🙂

7. Pam says:

Nice soup…yum!! Luv your nail color!

Enjoy!

8. chrysta says:

I love Harry Potter. All the movies look amazing and Im working on reading the books! The soup looks great. I love red pepper in my soup.

9. I was just reading HP last night! The soup looks amazing!

10. buffmuffy says:

HARRY POTTER! Yayyyy.
    I just can’t wrap my mind around magic soup. Reminds me of old people food lol.
    -muffy

11. Wow, that soup looks delish!!! I will def have to try!!!! Have u made it before?

12. Love Harry Potter 🙂

I’m trying to get my boyfriend to watch the movies/read the books… no such luck!

Maybe I will make some of that magic soup for him 🙂

13. Kiersten says:

I’m a big Harry Potter fan too. Actually, I had no interest in it when it first came out. I’ve read all of the books numerous times and have seen all the movies. I love it!

14. Jessica says:

Oh, love Harry Potter! The soup sounds sooo good! We woke up to snow this morning and soup is totally on the agenda! 🙂 Of course, now we may need to add a certain movie as well! 😉

Katie, I have a question about the six extra entries. We’ve already posted about making your homemade fudge babies and blogging about the giveaway. Does that qualify for the extra 6 entries or should we share about another recipe we’ve done? Just curious! Sorry! 🙂

15. Love, love, love Harry Potter!!! And love that red pepper soup. It sounds so simple to make.

Question: What’s the stuff you’re dipping your zuke sticks in? I’m intrigued.

16. I love Harry Potter!

Your soups always look and sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

17. miss v says:

that soup sounds like it’s right up my alley. i love red peppers!

18. Katie says:

Yessssssss for Harry Potter – I am a fanatic. I even have a cat named Bellatrix – she’s really nasty and likes to scratch people. 🙂

I may have to make magic soup for dinner!

19. Ashley says:

Love the Harry Potter reference!! I’ve been a huge fan of all the books and have enjoyed the movies as well.

I was so excited when the movie came out in theatres because I got tickets (through my boss) to a screening the day before it came out for the public!! It was really excited and my best friend and I enjoyed it far too much and may have cried at least once.

We actually made someone mad (unitentionally) who was buying tickets. The company who ran the screening were giving out cauldrons full of HP themed candy to those who attended. My friend got one and when we were leaving the theatre someone asked where she had gotten it. We said that we had just attended a screening of the film and gotten it as a parting gift. The girl gave us the DIRTIEST LOOK on earth and then walked away!!

I probably would have been bummed out too, but at least she was seeing it in less than 24 hours!

20. Claire says:

That soup looks delicious!Especially for a cold night:-) cc