Spring Break!

Some college kids party it up in Miami for Spring Break. Others take a Caribbean Cruise. (Hello Chocolate-Covered little sister!)

But I am the luckiest girl of all, because I get to spend Spring Break this year with the cutest kids ever: my cousins!

poolblo

Hmmm, something’s wrong.  They look too tame in the picture.

This is more like it. 🙂

2done

Scrapbook page of the day:

znyc 1163

1. Great power song! Going to listen to that now to pump me up. 🙂

2. Aimee says:

You’re so pretty! And your cousins too :).
    And I’m drooling over those pancakes!

3. Anonymous says:

Hey Katie,
    I wanted to email you. Do you have an email?

4. jcd says:

Great post! The animal photo and scrapbook page are adorable! Keri’s Mounds Bars Pancakes look delicious. Your cousins and l’il sister are too cute.

No spring break for me… I’m in the work world now… but I get 10 days off in September to visit Scandinavia with my husband.

I grew up playing with my cousins – we used to go sledding, play road hockey, watch hockey on TV or at the local arena, have movie nights, jump off the bunk beds, play Nintendo, go to the lake lot on the weekends, etc. I think my aunts and uncles (and later, my older cousins) were my primary babysitters. Good times. Now I have a little kid cousin who was born two days before I got married (4.5 years ago). I love playing with her too – taking her swimming, going to ballet together, and other little kid things. Cousins are great.

5. JCD,
    Ugh, see it’s people like you that I was jealous of, growing up! Whenever we had family reunions, my second cousins would all play together like that. But my first cousins were too old to play with us 🙁
    They’d always be watching a movie or something and say, “Oh, we have to turn this off. There are little kids around.” LOL made me feel so babyish!

6. I did have a couple cousins the same age as me– it was fun! But I only saw them about once a year since we lived so far away! 🙁

Those pancakes look delish!!

7. Sarahishealthy says:

So what IS your bra size?

Totally joking, Katie!!!!!! 😉

8. Bekka says:

Oh man please come over and give me srapbooking lessons! I don’t have an artistic bone in my body. But it looks like you have enough for three of us!

9. Mary says:

I don’t have ANY first cousins. No joke! So you at least can feel luckier than me!
    Poor me!

10. Keri says:

Thanks for the shout-out! Those pancakes were yummy 🙂

11. I don’t have any close-in-age cousins, I bet that would be fun though! And I wish i had a spring break, work is no fun 😉

12. Jessica says:

I can’t get past how gorgeous your skin is! I have bad acne and I went vegan to try to tame it… it didn’t work for me, but I got healthier in other ways so I kept it up anyways. Regardless, you have the most beautiful, glowing skin!

13. Emily says:

You have to wonder where that little 3rd grader learned the concept of ‘virgin’ at such a young age..yikes!!!

Your cousins are so cute! Glad you get to spend time with them. 🙂

I’m spending spring break at home in Michigan. I have to write a couple of papers and do a pile of school work, but it’s ok because at least I can sleep in and run around my old neighborhood!

14. ilanalala says:

Omigosh Katie I love this post. People ask the strangest questions – you’re so funny. i lve when one little kid teaches the rest of the little kids a bad word and that’s that (I work with kids and I’ve watched this happen over and over…no stopping it)!

All my cousins are also either way older or way younger. I have one or two cousins my age but they live in Israel so I rarely get to see them. Growing up, it kind of sucked because everyone else had a friend their age and I was just randomly in the middle, but now I’m becoming really good friends with both my older cousins and my younger cousins — we all keep in touch via text message!

My spring break will be spent home – not that spring break spent in New York City is ever lame. I just kind of used all of my “trip money” in Thailand over the summer and I’m still trying to replenish my savings. Whoops. It was worth it though.

And no, there is NOTHING better than chocolate for breakfast!!

15. vegangal says:

you are absolutely stunning!!!
    and your little cousins look devilish. are they little troublemakers? all the twin boys i know are little devils!

16. Oh how I wish I were still en escuela so I got a spring break haha.. As for cousins, I have muchos. My closest ones are within a couple years of my age, but, of course, I’ve got endless amor for my little ones, too!

17. Jennifer says:

I’m off to Texas to meet my new baby niece (and to see her two older sisters and my own sister), and I’m super-excited! Also, LOTS of homework. Ah, my last spring break…

18. I’m officially on the most boring Spring Break ever – I stayed at my school and am working every day! It is nice to have my dorm suite to myself though!

19. Katie says:

Wow, your female cousin looks so much like you! I have about 75 cousins…so yeah, older, younger, same age, you name it. The ones who were my same age were some of my closest friends growing up.

Spring Break is next week for me, but I will be studying. Lame, yes, but it must be done.

20. Ooh that Mounds Bar pancake is makin’ me drool! I have a couple of cousins my age and some that are way younger. My best cousin (i.e. my fave) is only two years older than me, and she lives in a small town right outside Memphis (we both moved out of our hometown in Arkansas). So we get together once a month for dinner and cocktails, and our cousin date night just so happens to be tonight! We’re meeting this evening for Mexican food and margaritas.