"Hug a Fat"

Join the Party: Find your nearest EVOO bottle, pb jar, etc. and get your hug on! Then post your photos on your blogs, send me a link, and I’ll include you in the “Hug-a-Fat” post at the end of May. (If you don’t have a blog, you can send a photo in an email.)

Camera shy?

Whip up a favorite dish featuring a healthy fat (or try a new one), and photograph that instead.

rcc

(Rockin’ the good-for-you fats with some Raw Banana Cheesecake)

Or, if you’re an overachiever, photograph yourself and the healthy dish. Just don’t go overboard…

jnat2

My silly friend might have taken the “hug-a-fat” idea a little too far. 😕

1. Aimee says:

I don’t know which is more gorgeous, you or the coconut butter! 🙂
    But I’ll definitely be participating in this hilarious endeavor. I’ll be hugging my pine nuts, because I can’t get enough of them in salads, in stir fries, or in my favorite Italian cookies.

2. Marina says:

I have no idea what shoud I hug 😀
    I’ll definitely do this, I just need to figure out how to hug those few cashews and almonds I have… 😀

3. LOL hahaha Too Far hahaha yes Too Far!!

hmm kk ima find me my jar of fat and snap up a good 1 lol xoxo

4. Rosie says:

omg! lol tuba butter. that made me giggle 🙂

5. Danielle says:

I don’t know if it’s my favorite, but I don’t want tahini to be left out! What would hummus be without its velvety texture and savory flavor?

6. abby says:

oh my gosh thanks for giving me a good excuse to eat more fats (i need them). now instead of feeling guilty for eating my pb tomorrow, i’ll say to myself “i WANT to do this so i can join katie’s fat love party!” thanks pretty girl!

7. joy says:

Avocado is my love!

8. VeggieGirl says:

I’ll hug my jar of raw brazil nut butter 😀

9. My healthy fat of choice is extra virgin olive oil!

10. Dianne says:

Okay, so because of YOUR BLOG, I bought my first jar of coconut butter- and have done almost nothing with it except eat it straight with a spoon! I think I’ve only used it three times with other food- toast, chia pudding, and on top of strawberries- and the rest of the time just scoff it straight up, and it’s almost GONE! Ha! I blame you 😉

11. Jess says:

You are so pretty. Mr. Coconut Butter is a lucky guy 😉

12. vegangal says:

katie i love this post and you and fats well not so much fats but i am learning. xoxoxo

13. Mary says:

I’m down for this! I’ll be hugging my Justin’s Almond Butter.

14. Haha I think i’ll play the field on this one 😉
    I love almond butter, peanut butter, avocados, … I could go on..

15. Eliza says:

love fats! and that is such a funny picture with the butter spread! 🙂 my favorite fat ahh hard question haha i love fats, but i think top favs are, avocado, coconut and almonds/almond butter and cashew butter! 🙂 healthy fats are the best.

xx
    eliza

16. nuts, nut butters, avocados, oils, coconut milk and butter, full fat nondairy products, full fat yogurt and cheese products…
    um..a lot…
    i do not fear the fat 🙂

17. brandi says:

just one favorite health fat? No way I can pick 🙂

I’m an equal opportunity healthy fat lover.

18. Valerie says:

This is basically the cutest idea ever. I think I’ll get my kids to participate too! 🙂

19. She-Fit says:

haha, love the picture of the girl eating butter. I’ll try not to go overboard 🙂

20. Jennifer - jcd says:

Oh, tough decisions… macadamia nut oil and butter are pretty good, but crunchy peanut butter gets love more often. 🙂 I’ll see what I can do for photos.