Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

"Hug a Fat"

Join the Party: Find your nearest EVOO bottle, pb jar, etc. and get your hug on! Then post your photos on your blogs, send me a link, and I’ll include you in the “Hug-a-Fat” post at the end of May. (If you don’t have a blog, you can send a photo in an email.)

Camera shy?

Whip up a favorite dish featuring a healthy fat (or try a new one), and photograph that instead.

(Rockin’ the good-for-you fats with some Raw Banana Cheesecake)

Or, if you’re an overachiever, photograph yourself and the healthy dish. Just don’t go overboard…

My silly friend might have taken the “hug-a-fat” idea a little too far. 😕

1. Aimee says:

I don’t know which is more gorgeous, you or the coconut butter! :)
    But I’ll definitely be participating in this hilarious endeavor. I’ll be hugging my pine nuts, because I can’t get enough of them in salads, in stir fries, or in my favorite Italian cookies.

2. Marina says:

I have no idea what shoud I hug 😀
    I’ll definitely do this, I just need to figure out how to hug those few cashews and almonds I have… 😀

3. LOL hahaha Too Far hahaha yes Too Far!!

hmm kk ima find me my jar of fat and snap up a good 1 lol xoxo

4. Rosie says:

omg! lol tuba butter. that made me giggle :)

5. Danielle says:

I don’t know if it’s my favorite, but I don’t want tahini to be left out! What would hummus be without its velvety texture and savory flavor?

6. abby says:

oh my gosh thanks for giving me a good excuse to eat more fats (i need them). now instead of feeling guilty for eating my pb tomorrow, i’ll say to myself “i WANT to do this so i can join katie’s fat love party!” thanks pretty girl!

7. joy says:

Avocado is my love!

8. VeggieGirl says:

I’ll hug my jar of raw brazil nut butter 😀

9. My healthy fat of choice is extra virgin olive oil!

10. Dianne says:

Okay, so because of YOUR BLOG, I bought my first jar of coconut butter- and have done almost nothing with it except eat it straight with a spoon! I think I’ve only used it three times with other food- toast, chia pudding, and on top of strawberries- and the rest of the time just scoff it straight up, and it’s almost GONE! Ha! I blame you 😉

11. Jess says:

You are so pretty. Mr. Coconut Butter is a lucky guy 😉

12. vegangal says:

katie i love this post and you and fats well not so much fats but i am learning. xoxoxo

13. Mary says:

I’m down for this! I’ll be hugging my Justin’s Almond Butter.

14. Haha I think i’ll play the field on this one 😉
    I love almond butter, peanut butter, avocados, … I could go on..

15. Eliza says:

love fats! and that is such a funny picture with the butter spread! :) my favorite fat ahh hard question haha i love fats, but i think top favs are, avocado, coconut and almonds/almond butter and cashew butter! :) healthy fats are the best.

16. nuts, nut butters, avocados, oils, coconut milk and butter, full fat nondairy products, full fat yogurt and cheese products…
    um..a lot…
    i do not fear the fat :)

17. brandi says:

just one favorite health fat? No way I can pick :)

I’m an equal opportunity healthy fat lover.

18. Valerie says:

This is basically the cutest idea ever. I think I’ll get my kids to participate too! :)

19. She-Fit says:

haha, love the picture of the girl eating butter. I’ll try not to go overboard :)

20. Effie says:

Olive oil!or I am Greek and I am proud for the massive quantities we produce and consume :)

21. Jennifer - jcd says:

Oh, tough decisions… macadamia nut oil and butter are pretty good, but crunchy peanut butter gets love more often. :-) I’ll see what I can do for photos.

22. Inspired says:

Love love love sesame oil! Just a little bit makes foods taste so flavorful!

23. JCD,
    What, no hay this time? That had to be my favorite carb-hugging photo :)

24. Jennifer - jcd says:

I loved making the hay photo! I’m still thinking of something creative for fats.

25. maya says:

I love the hug a fat idea!! :) My favorite healthy fat are almonds!— raw almond butter, crunchy almond butter, raw plain almonds, sliced almonds! and i probably eat avocado every day :) gosh, i do love healthy fats 😉 cashew butter, and coconut are up there too 😉 and tahini lol..ah okay, i must take a photo of me huggin a fat 😉

26. Annie says:

I loooooooove healthy fats!!! My fav is probably avocados. Or maybe almond butter.

27. Funny post, I’m wondering what I should hug… 😀

28. Kelsey says:

I love this! I just barely finished a post last night where I made a new recipe called Fat Cookies. Here’s the link: Perfect timing, right? I’ll try to get a picture of me hugging my favorite fat (either peanut butter or coconut butter) soon. :)

29. Mine is Naturally Nutty vanilla almond butter…yum!!!!!! I am addicted, lol.

30. Jessica,

Oh I love that stuff too! I just wish you could buy it without having to order online :(.

With shipping costs, I finally just gave up. Luckily there is Justin’s to ease my would-be loneliness 😉

31. Stefanie says:

My favorite fat is peanut butter. Either crunchy or smooth works for me. Lately I have been eating a lot of olives though.

32. Guess what?! I found Artisana Coconut Butter at my Whole Foods. Turns out I was looking in the wrong place the whole time. I didn’t buy it yet because it was like $12. But it’s on my wish list. Still waiting on WF to get the nut butters though.

Fave fat? I’d say it’s a tie between peanut butter and avocado. But not eaten together.

33. Gina G says:

i finally opened my precious coconut butter! (and died and gone to heaven hahah) it was amazing, i love that as well as my precious nut butters, avocado, roasted veggies with evoo, etc! i love me some fats!

34. Jenny says:

I love to hug avocados & mixed nuts!

35. Quix says:

I run better on a slightly lower fat diet than the norm (lotsa healthy carbs and veggies, lean meats), but I do love me some pistachios! :)

36. Kate says:

Avocados in da house!
    Just watch out that you don’t hug too hard. Eating avocados makes you strong, ya know ;). But that might not be the best thing for hugging! My advice is to hug gently, ladies :) :).

37. Anonymous says:

is there a prize for best photo? just wondering :)

38. tub of butter?!?! dont know about that one but I am def huggin’ some fats!! :)

39. BroccoliHut says:

I have many favorite fats, but my most recent addiction is sunflower butter.

40. Also, I know this is old news, but I just got my first jar of dark chocolate almond butter and O M GEE it is amazing.

41. So is palm oil unhealthy or just environmentally unsound?

42. HUGGED MY FAT!!!

u have two to choose from hehe. whichever one u’d like. xoxo

43. Katherine,
    I think they said it’s bad for the environment. I don’t think they were saying it’s unhealthy.

44. eatandrun says:

I want to participate!!! I’m just not sure what fat to hug yet. When’s the deadline to get the photos to you?

45. Jess says:

Ahh, LOVE MY FATTT! Fave sources: nuts, nut butter, avocados…ETC.
    <3 jess

46. Kat says:

I just started following your blog and I love it. I am def going to be making a lot of your recipes. They are so awesome! Thanks for sharing your magic!!

47. clairedille says:

I will get on this soon…just got a huge coconut oil and some naturally nutter almond butter. love this!

48. almond butter and avocado are my two faves! Love your picture with your fat =P

49. Justine says:

I am loving avoes and nuts lately! Thank you again for May’s theme!

50. glidingcalm says:

my fav fats: CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE and nut butters

51. Sarahishealthy says:

I’m excited to see everyone’s photos! Although I’m probably too shy to send you my own, I’d be hugging my jar of good old pb :).

52. Sara says:

I would love to hug an avocado, but to be different, I will hug my next favorite green fat–hemp butter!

53. Sara,
    Sounds good to me! I’ve never tried hemp butter… don’t think I’ve even ever seen it. It sounds really fun… but then again, ALL new-n-different nut butters sound fun to me :)

54. sagojyou says:

My favorite fats would be almond butter, coconut oil, and cashews! 😀

I’m kind of nervous for it, but heck! May I give it a try?

55. sagojyou says:

I didn’t hug a fat yet, but I made something with it!!

56. Kristen says:

Avocados and nuts are great but by far my favorite fat is peanut butter. However, I prefer to let a couple of pieces of chocolate do the hugging!

Sometimes, I let a couple of pieces of bread do the hugging and throw in a banana, too. After I read your blog post about your sandwich of dreams (or something you called it) I instantly became addicted to the sandwich (and your blog!)

57. lisasfoods says:

So hard to choose just one! I have to go with: cashew butter, avocado, and ice cream.

58. lisasfoods says:

So hard to choose just one! I have to go with: cashew butter, avocado, and sunflower seed butter.

59. Kristen,
    I’m so glad you found me!! :)

another pb-banana lover

60. Jessica says:

I hugged my favorite fat tonight – avocado!

61. trajayjay says:

I love fats

Coconut/ Coconut oil
    Dark Chocolate

Though I’m not much a fan of sunflower seed, pine nut, macadamia, or walnut butter.
    I love though peanut, almond, cashew, and pistachio butter.