My New Blog!

Santa came early this year…
And he brought me a brand new blog! Finally, after months of putting it off, I’ve moved to a self-hosted site.

My New Blog

Can you see it?? For me, at the moment, the new header shows up (as well as the new layout). But the site isn’t completely up-to-date; it’s showing the latest entry as my Pumpkin Cream Cupcake post. And I’ve received a few emails from readers who are getting 404 error messages. Boo. It should all straighten up soon, though!

I want to know your opinions.
What do you think of the new layout?
Any features you’d like to see (such as a blogroll)? Or additions to the sidebar?

Also, what do you think of the new header? I had way too much fun designing it!

1. Freya says:

First impressions, before a proper look round? Love it! Much better 🙂

2. Gina G says:

love it Katie girl! 🙂

3. Cassandra says:

Looks great! I have the same Santa hat – it’s the best!

4. Cynthia says:

Love the new header!

5. Albizia says:

I absolutely love the new look. It’s so chocolate-y! Yum! The header is beautiful, the layout is nice, too. I only wonder why there are no pictures at the related posts. Maybe it is one of the features that still don’t work properly? At least the links lead to the posts. No 404 error messages for me 🙂 .

You can add whatever you want to the sidebar. I am not a big fan of blogrolls but you can post links to things you find interesting.

Let’s see what comes next 🙂

6. Love the new site!!!!!!! The header looks awesome! I hope that it gets completely up to date soon! =D

7. Eric Jaffa says:

Congratulations on getting an updated website. Looks good.

8. Jennifer JCD says:

Yay! It works! Keep up the excellent work you do to keep this blog up and running. I always start my day with some CCK. 🙂

9. I WANT TO SEE A BLOGROLL! PRETTY PLEASE?!

10. Camille says:

I really, really like the new blog.
    I am having trouble seeing photos, but aside from that, everything seems to be working just fine!

11. Looks fantastic, Katie! I absolutely love it! 😀

12. Gloria says:

I love it!! That pic of you in the header is adorable. And all that chocolate is making smile 🙂 Congrats on the big move. This gives me a little more confidence to start my own blog because the header and graphics is the part I’m most worried about – I have no computer skills!

1. Katie says:

Haha me neither!! They definitely make it easy, though. You learn as you go along :).

13. Love the new blog! You did a great job on the header and I love the color scheme! Great job, Katie!

14. Kim says:

Ooh, I love the chocolate-coloured tabs;)

15. Brandie says:

I do like it! To be honest, I think I’d have liked to see a more recent picture in the header or maybe just one we hadn’t seen before? New blog, new picture! Of course you’re beautiful in all of them lol… I’m so impressed with your blogging savvy! How fun to have your own site! 🙂 Congrats darlin 😉

1. VEGirl says:

Hi Katie, I agree with Brandie. A new photo would be great!!!! Love the chocolate/roses background, too. So exciting for you!
      VEGirl

16. Brandie says:

Sorry did that new picture bit seem critical? Ack, sorry! Just was waving an opinion Lol 🙂

1. Katie says:

No no, I love constructive criticism. As for the header, it’s a work in progress. It may still change again lol!

1. Brandie says:

Oh yay 😉 I looked at it and then thought maybe it was too much. One more thing though, and I don’t see where to fix it myself (?) but I don’t get a notice from my subscription anymore about your new posts! Do I need to re-subscribe somehow or… ? 🙁 I just realized today that it was weird I hadn’t “heard from you” (lol) and so I checked in and sure enough, there are posts, I just didn’t get my notice 🙁

1. Ugh yeah, I’m working on trying to import my subscribers. I really hope there’s a way, and right now Zestycook (Cory) is helping me. But in the meantime, you can always subscribe at the top right of the blog, by clicking on the email message (Do you see where there’s a twitter button, a facebook button, and an email envelope all together at the top of the page? Click the envelope :).)
          Sorry for the trouble!!

1. Brandie says:

No worries darlin, I just wondered if I was doin somethin wrong! 😉 I’m off to click an envelope…..!

17. Katie!! This is soo excellent; I love your new blog! I’m very excited for you. This is great and I can’t wait for the new content.

18. P.S. What host are you using?

1. Katie says: