Mint-Chocolate-Chip Fudge Pops

Roses are red.

Mint-chocolate fudge pops are green.

mint chocolate pops

That doesn’t rhyme.

But really, who cares?

mint chocolate fudge pops

It’s too early for poetry anyway.

But not too early for fudge pops.

No, never.

mint chocolate fudge pops

Mint-Chocolate Fudgsicles

Just 5 ingredients…

with a secret healthy ingredient!

• 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt of choice, or 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (I used Silk soy yogurt, and Wholesoy works too. I’m sure many other brands work, but I’ve only tried these pops with the two brands mentioned.)
  • 1/16 to 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract (or more), depending on desired mint strength
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1-3 stevia packets or 1-3 tbsp sugar or liquid sweetener of choice (Sweetener amount will depend on your choice of yogurt, as well as your personal taste preferences. Remember that the pops will be less sweet once frozen.)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • optional: packed 1/2 cup spinach (20g), or food coloring as desired (The pictured pops have spinach, not food coloring. You cannot taste it at all!)
  • optional: handful of chocolate chips or mini chips

If using spinach, blend all ingredients until completely smooth. (If not using spinach, combine all ingredients in a large bowl or pyrex measuring cup.) Pour into popsicle molds, or paper cups with spoons as the sticks. Freeze completely, then pop out and enjoy.

View Nutritional Info

My chocolate chips all wanted desperately to sink to the bottom: To avoid this, you can fill the pops 1/2-way up first and freeze. Then fill the rest of the way. Or…

mint chocolate pops

I just gave up and covered them in chocolate!

The chocolate coating is this recipe: Hot Chocolate Butter.

Question of the Day:

What flavor popsicles should I make next?

There’s still half a big container of Silk yogurt in my fridge, begging to be used. At first, I was thinking pumpkin pie. But really, who wants to see pumpkin popsicles in the middle of June? So maybe chocolate-chip cookie dough? Or a fruit-based flavor… Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles? Or Piña Colada?

Link of the Day:

mint cupcake

……………………Mint-Chocolate Cupcakes

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. These look AWESOME katie! Can’t wait to try! While I love spicy chocolate popsicles, my favorite is hibiscus! They’re so lite and refreshing on a super hot summer day!

1. Clara says:

how does hibiscus work? do you actually put in the flowers? sounds nice though!

1. Anon says:

I’m actually going to make hibiscus popsicles this year. I have alot of hibiscus syrup (most frozen but some in the fridge on hand) as well as the flowers so I plan on playing around with it lots this summer. Clara, you can put the flowers in but i would definately blend or chop them into small pieces…alot of people put them in champagne to make it pretty. You can also use it with pavlova and a lot of other nice light desserts 🙂

CCK Some kind of cherry pie type popsicle would be amazing for the summer.

1. Clara says:

hmmm sounds cool, i´ll have to see if i can find hibiscus syrup. Thanks for explaining! 🙂

2. Hannah Mattil says:

Hibiscus actually sounds like a really cool idea to me, although I think a lot of people would be hesitant to try “flower” pops, hah!

1. Natalie says:

Rose and chamomile might be nice too 🙂
        (ever have some of those rosé-infused indian treats? they are divine)

2. I want to see a Pina Colada popsicle recipe! That would be amazing =D

3. alyx says:

YES! Pina Colada pretty please!

1. alyx says:

er, por favor I mean 🙂

4. Anna says:

On Lottie + Doof, there is a fantastic (but not vegan!) recipe for vanilla bean, sour cream, cherry, tequilla popsicles. Seeing as you are of age, you should try making them! I’d love to see your take on that dessert.

5. julia says:

pumpkin, please! I am on a crazy pumpkin kick and just made/devoured your single lady pumpkin chocolate chip muffin…. YUM!!! delicious, but I still need MORE PUMPKIN!!!

1. evey says:

i agree! pumpkin! or peanut butter or a mix of both!!!

6. Diane says:

PINA COLADA!

7. Peter says:

Raspberry!!! My favorite 😀

8. Kimii G. says:

I love mint chocolate! (who doesn’t, honestly?)

My favorite popsicle growing up was the orange creamsicles!
    A mocha flavored one would be awesome too

1. Clara says:

Actually for some reason Spaniards don’t seem to… None of my friends like the mint-choc combo, its MY favorite though! 🙂

2. Erin says:

I don’t, actually 🙁 it makes me sad – I WANT to like the combination (since so many people do) but it just doesn’t work for me.

9. Laura Miller says:

Cookie dough! Everything cookie dough! Or, peanut butter and chocolate…

1. Samantha says:

OK. I second this one!

10. Lauren says:

Cookies and cream!

11. Laura Miller says:

Cookie dough, everything cookie dough! Or, peanut butter and chocolate… 😀

12. Anonymous says:

Coconut mango

1. Natalie says:

mango Would be nice… so would coconut 🙂

13. Josefine says:

These pop sicles look so nice. Deffinately a must try 🙂
    I think it would be SO nice if you made some with chocolate chips and cookie dough please. That would be great. Like Ben and Jerrys cookie dough, but healthier.

Ps. I really live your blog 🙂

14. janet says:

I love anything coconut, so that or coconut mango sounds great too, or almond joy !!

15. Josefine says:

Oops – I ment like. I hate auto correct

16. Anonymous says:

Your recipes are all amazingly delicious. Is there any way in the body of each recipe you could note how much it yields (makes), as well as what size pan/etc you are using? It would be so helpful and convenient. Thank you for continued yumminess. Best of luck on your cookbook.

1. Hi anonymous,

I actually went through all that in detail in the “nutritional info” link. It has a photo of my popsicle molds as well :).

1. Sarah says:

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I did note that in this recipe; I was actually referring to a big percentage of the rest of your recipes – even after clicking on the “nutritional info” link, it often doesn’t discuss how much the recipe actually yields in total. Also, it would be so helpful to have the info (yield amount and pan size) right in the body of each recipe – ie right under the name/title, or at the very end. Thank you, again. All the best.

1. Kristall says:

I second this. I find your recipes to be fantastic and informative but lacking in the more traditional (yet essential) aspects. There are a few recipes I’ve used that list the ingredients as a jumble when compared with the directions. Cookbooks and most cookery blogs always list the ingredients in the order they are to be used. This is just meant as constructive criticsm as I know the very nature of the internet tends to make my words look angry and insulting.

17. These look so good! I need to get a Popsicle mould soon!

And I agree with other that pina coloda popsicles would be great!

1. Kristi says:

Here’s a link to the HopeFULL molds. They are wonderful and such a great company too! http://www.thehopefullcompany.com/

18. Aja says:

Those sound so good!

19. Mmm so fun! This sounds awesome!

20. I love all your ideas and recipes! This one looks amazing as well! I love mint and anything frozen-can’t wait to try.. thanks for all the great recipes 🙂