Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Homemade Peanut Butter Oreos

peanut butter stuffed oreos

Have you ever tried Oreos with peanut butter?

The first time I tried them was after watching Lindsay Lohan’s character spread peanut butter on Oreos in the movie, The Parent Trap. (This was back when Lindsay Lohan was an adorable eleven-year-old girl!)

After the movie ended and we came home from the theater, the first thing I did was pull out a sleeve of Oreos and jar of peanut butter to test it out.

And of course it was delicious.

peanut butter oreos

When is chocolate-peanut-butter not delicious?

That would be never.

homemade peanut butter stuffed oreos

For today’s homemade peanut butter Oreos recipe, instead of simply spreading peanut butter on top of regular vegan Oreos, I’ve replaced the cream filling completely with an easy peanut butter filling so delicious you might want to make extra to eat by itself.

pb oreos

Peanut Butter Oreos

• 3/4 cup spelt flour (Readers have reported success with Arrowhead Mills gf as well.) (120g)
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder (30g) (Regular cocoa is fine; the Oreo cookies just won’t taste as authentic.)
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp xylitol or sugar (or coconut sugar) (78g)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil (44g)
  • 3 tbsp milk of choice (45g)
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or agave) (30g)

• 1/2 cup peanut butter (or allergy-free alternative) (110g)
  • 1/2 cup coconut butter (For a coconut-free version, see “nutrition info” link below) (110g)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • pinch salt
  • stevia extract to taste, or 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Combine first 5 ingredients, and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients for the cookies. Mix wet into dry to form a dough, then refrigerate 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Put dough in a plastic bag, and smush into one big ball. Remove from bag, roll into a thin dough, and cut flat circles using a circle cutter or a circle-shaped lid. Bake on a greased cookie tray for 11-14 minutes (depending on whether you want softer or crispier cookies). They’ll still look a little underdone when they come out of the oven, but that’s ok. Important: allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the tray.

For the filling: first make sure your coconut butter is softened. Mix all filling ingredients in a small food processor (or very patiently with a fork, if you must. Texture might be a bit crumbly if you mix by hand; be sure to start with softened peanut butter). Divide filling among half of the cookie discs, then top with remaining cookie discs and fridge so filling firms up. Makes 20-25 sandwich cookies, depending on the size of your circle cutter and whether or not you bother to re-roll all the dough.

View Peanut Butter Oreos Nutrition Facts

peanut butter stuffed oreos

Tomorrow is National Peanut Butter Day!

Quick history lesson for curious minds: The invention of peanut butter is credited to Marcellus Gilmore Edison in 1884, although the Aztecs have been crushing peanuts into paste for hundreds of years.

More recipes can be found here: 100 Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Tracy says:

These look yummy :-) Are they soft or crunchy like oreos? And what is spelt and where to buy it? That ingredient is a bit intimidating.

1. Soft if you cook the shorter amount of time, crispy if the longer.
      I find spelt flour in the natural food section of most grocery stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts, Market Street, Central Market…) Or you could buy it online.

2. Wheat work, too, in case you can’t get spelt! 😉

1. Carroll says:

I used whole wheat flour and it turned out okay, mine were soft even though I baked them for 14 minutes. It might be because they were cut pretty thick so that could have been a problem. They taste amazing though!

2. Yum! Can’t beat the amazing combo that is Oreo + peanut butter! I’m also curious if these are soft or crunchy?

1. Soft if cooked the shorter time, crunchy if cooked the longer listed time.

3. Those Aztecs sure know their stuff! I’m kind of sad that I never tried that combo from the Parent Trap… And now I’m allergic to peanut butter! Ugh… SOMEDAY.

1. Loretta says:

I always replace peanut butter with sunbutter. My son is allergic to all nuts. If you are not allergic to tree nuts, you might try almond butter too.

4. Dayna says:

Chocolate and peanut butter might be my two favorite dessert flavors ever! These are totally getting made this weekend, then swiftly devoured!

5. Oh Katie – these look like so much fun!! I’m thinking a fun addition for Super Bowl treats. Not only are homemade oreos fun and ambitious but adding peanut butter in the center takes it over the edge into awesome-land!

6. You seriously need to just open up a shop so I can order these!

7. kspar66 says:

That scene in Parent Trap was memorable for me too. I think an aesthetic is missing: your oreos could be marked on top with a ‘CCK’! And in peanut history, we cannot forget dear George Washington Carver, who did so much to promote the utility and goodness of the “goober.”

8. Kelly says:

Love the idea of adding coconut butter! I’m obsessed with coconut, so anytime I can add a hint of coconut flavor is a win

9. Erika says:

I didn’t waste any time with making these. They looked just too good to wait. They turned out great and I have to say it was tempting to just eat the dough without baking because it tasted so good! :) Thanks more making my day with this yummy recipe. I love the chocolate and pb combo too!

1. Wow, you are fast! I think that’s probably the fastest anyone has ever made one of the recipes I’ve posted :).

1. Erika says:

It must be due to the fact that I’m pregnant and once a craving takes over, you’ve gotta have it NOW. :) … and this is the best site to come to for something like that!!

10. The Lindsay Lohan version of the Parent Trap is one of my favorite movies! I looooved it! She was so cute back then…

1. Ha ha ha I agree after that movie I use to eat the white part and add Skippy peanut butter to the middle it was my favorite; I am happy we have a healthier version now… She was such a cute little girl who knows what happened… :)

1. I never even bothered with the white part… I just threw it away and re-filled with PB. Something very bothersome about that weird white frosting .

11. Haha… oh Lindsey… I have always loved this combination (I mean, chocolate and peanut butter, duh!) and now I have a healthy version. Thanks!

12. OH my goodness. Peanut butter and oreos have been my secret shame my entire life!! I’d been meaning to toy around with a recipe for them but never did. THANK YOU for making these! They look amazing and I can’t wait to try them!

13. I almost fell out of my chair. I’m not kidding. Regular Oreos are great, but peanut butter Oreos? Out of this world! I’ve put peanut butter on Oreos too (after watching the Peanut Trap movie of course), but it’s been a while since I’ve actual been able to eat Oreos (due to gluten sensitivities and whatnot). I’ll be trying out a gluten-free version ASAP!

14. That’s it. I’m making your peannut butter pie for tomorrow. Not that I need an excuse to make it!

15. Suzanne says:

This is literally screaming for a nutter butter comanpion recipe!

1. Ooh I have one! And Tagalongs too… The site might need a new name after I’m done posting all my peanut butter recipes :).

1. J says:

I would do anything for your Tagalongs recipe! Hoping that one will be posted soon?

2. I don’t really have a set schedule… but hopefully soon! If you need it earlier, I can always send it via email.

3. J says:

That would be wonderful, Katie – if you have the time. I’d love to make them for my friend’s birthday that is in just a couple of days. My email is – thanks in advance.

4. J says:

That would be wonderful, Katie – if you have the time. My email is je20052 at gmail . com – I’d love to make these for a friend’s birthday that is coming up in just a couple of days since Tagalongs are her favorite!

5. Carroll says:

I hope you post it soon!! I want to see that! Yum:) especially cuz it’s Girl Scout cookie time!

16. lydia says:

where can u buy coconut butter

1. I find it at numerous grocery stores, such as Whole Foods. You can order online as well. Artisana coconut butter.

17. Picky Nicky says:

I’ve never even thought of oreos and peanut butter :O

18. Stephi says:

These look AMAZING! I will definitely be making these. Thanks for sharing :)

19. Mmmm!! Have to try this!! :) Looks so good! I love all your recipes! Ive tried so many!

20. Interesting tidbit about the myans!

21. Amy A says:

These look amazing! Do you think you could roll the dough into a log and then slice to make the cookies?

1. I haven’t tried so I really don’t know. It sounds like a good idea, though!

1. Carroll says:

I tried that and it worked okay…. I cut them a little thick and they fell apart a little but they are still great!

22. Tenley says:

Hi Katie,

I absolutely love your blog and have drawn a lot of inspiration from it! For the past few months I’ve been thinking of my own healthy desserts to make and possibly starting a blog with the recipes. I was wondering if you would consider that “copying” your blog or if that would even be allowed? Mine wouldn’t be vegan but they would still be low calories, fat, sugar, etc. I understand if you think that isn’t okay. Thanks!

1. As long as you’re posting your own recipes that you’ve made up, it certainly sounds ok to me. Go for it! :)

23. Liz says:

What brand of dutch cocoa do you use? Do you purchase it online? I’ve had a crazy hard time locating that stuff.

Also, what size cookie cutter did you use? Was it akin to actual oreos?

1. I bought a container awhile back; I think it’s from Whole Foods. The brand is called WonderCocoa. I think Rapunzel makes one too, but I’m not sure.

Yeah, I think it’s the size of regular Oreos.

24. April says:

Katie, have I told you before how much I love your blog? Because I do. You have a serious knack for coming out with recipes for the exact things I am craving. Thank you!

25. Alex Katzen says:

Aw I totally saw oreos with peanut butter on Parent Trap too! I remember thinking it sounded so weird but of course, it was so delish! :)

26. Carroll says:

This looks amazing!!! I can’t wait to try these!:)

27. sydney says:

Yesterday I was craving chocolate and peanut butter so I made your brownie cookies adn made some peanut butter filling. Then you posted this, how funny. I’ll have to try these they look really good!

28. Steph says:

Katie, do you usually use stevia/xylitol instead of real sugar? If so, why?

1. It depends on a lot of things, such as what recipe I’m making, if it’s a new recipe, who’s eating the recipe, etc. Also, as you can see from my recipes, I often use more than one sweetener for best taste and texture (i.e. not solely stevia or sugar, but a combination).

1. Steph says:

Thanks for your reply! I mean when you’re baking for yourself. Do you think stevia tastes better than real sugar? I don’t mind it in coffee but otherwise I can always detect the licorice-like taste even with the NuNaturals brand.

29. Sarah says:

I read the title of this post and burst out, “Katie, you are absolutely my favorite person ever.” Thankfully no one else was in the room!

30. Laura Miller says:

Mmmmm, pb Oreos have always been my favorite. I have to restrict myself or I will eat the whole box.

One question, would these work with regular, all-purpose flour?

1. I am pretty sure it would. People have tested my regular Oreos with ap flour successfully, and this is pretty much the same base. So it should work!

31. Allie C. says:

Yum! I’m picturing making these chocolate-covered peanut butter Oreos. Extra chocolate never hurt, right?! 😉

32. Mmmmm. I loved that movie and that version of Lindsay Lohan and it was a brilliant moment with the chocolate and peanut butter. Can’t wait to try this out!

33. Liz says:

I haven’t had oreo in forever I think i’m going to start working on a grain-free version, thanx for the idea.

34. Kim Bayne says:

OMG. You are some sort of evil genius!!! I cannot wait to race him and try these, I have been ogling your blog and salivating all day….should really get back to work!
    Kim xo

35. I was never a big oreo fan (I think because the cookie part was too crunchy), but I have always been a chocolate and peanut butter lover. I’ll have to give these a try with the softer cookie – they just might be my cup of tea!

36. My oh my – I can’t wait to try this!
    xo Emily @ Hungry Delights

37. THANK YOU for this!!
    The thought of having oreos WITH peanut butter together is simply amazing.

38. Aja says:

Your posts, especially this one, make me really sad that I live in a dorm. I am counting down the days until I get an apartment and can bake and cook again!

39. YUM!! Oreos aren’t vegan in the UK for some reason so I have missed these little guys. Must try this recipe :)

40. (This was back when Lindsay Lohan was an adorable eleven-year-old!) ha ha! You wouldnt know it was the same person.

Once again you have out surpassed yourself Katie!

41. Yummy! Do you taste the coconut at all in this recipe?

42. I cant wait to try these!

43. Bonnie says:

Seriously? Another recipe that I will have to try?! I know it’s healthier than regular desserts but I am truly trying to stay on my diet and these yummy looking things are making it soo super hard! 😉 keep up the good work. My will power on the other hand is in need of a boost!

44. Alyssa says:

Those look great! They remind me of girl scout tagalongs, just not covered in chocolate :-)

45. Elle says:

Everything you create is pure awesomeness! You must make a cookbook! I would buy it in a jiffy (peanut butter pun intended).

46. Paige says:

Oh, these look so good! I will try to make them with almond butter instead of peanut butter since my son is allergic to peanuts. Yum!

47. I bet these would be good with other nut butters, too! Yummy!

48. Heather says:

okay, these look delicious, but I want to pose a question to you…. Have you ever tried making flavored popcorn? My husband’s family got us a gift from and she was super excited that it is GF, however, every single flavor had milk in it and that is something else on one of my son’s allergy lists. So, while others were eating the nummy pre-made treat, I was looking for alternatives. Someone on my facebook page happened to post that they made the no-bake cookie chocolate and put it over kettle corn rather than stirring in the oats. We tried that and it was delish (but very messy). It just had me brainstorming because I saw other people make “popcorn” birthday cakes online, and some of the flavors in the popcornopolis assortment were just sooo tempting…. Just thought it may be an inspiration for you… not that your to-do list isn’t long enough already! So excited for the cookbook :)

1. Thanks Heather :).

I do have a popcorn recipe, but I never got around to posting it back in December (when I’d planned to post it). So it’s still waiting to be posted!

I also have a caramel corn recipe, but I want to test it out one more time to make sure the measurements are correct.

49. Miraim says:

I totally tried oreos slathered with peanut butter after seeing the Parent Trap as well – and fell in love! This recipe makes me think that peanut butter-oreo ice cream must be made and scarfed…I mean politely eaten.

50. Amanda says:

Can I sub cacao butter for coconut butter?

51. Kate says:

To whomever is reading this, I know you don’t know me. You have no reason to trust me whatsoever. However, I feel I would be doing you a great disservice if I didn’t share the folowing: If you have a large food processor (like I do!), use it and make a double batch of the filling. I absolutely can’t believe how delicious it is! Nothing I eat again for the rest of my life will ever be as tasty. Trust me, you will eat half the filling before it gets on the cookies anyway, and you will also be thinking of other delicious ways this concoction will be used. In fact, you may even forget to make the cookies after you’ve tasted the filling!

Here’s what happened. I’ve been silently reading this blog for a while now (after accidentally stumbling on it one day). I’ve tried a bunch of the recipes, some multiple times. They are all delicious, and my family totally can’t believe the stuff is vegan. So today, I was organizing my bookmarks, and I accidentally clicked on this one. I read the recipe, and was going make the cookies first and then mix the filling by hand while the cookie dough was chillin’. Instead, I decided to see if I even had enough coconut butter and peanut butter to do the recipe. I discovered that I had exactly one cup of each! My gut instinct was to do a double batch in the food processor so I don’t kill my arms. Now, I find myself in front of the computer with a mess in the kitchen, shouting to the world. THE MOST DELICIOUS THING I’VE EVER TASTED IS THE FILLING OF A VEGAN SANDWICH COOKIE. (Just so you know, I totally eat cheeseburgers and creme brulee and all sorts of non-vegan things.)

I guess I should go make the cookie part now….

52. Shay says:

I am so going to make these!
    Wow, they have a day devoted entirely to peanut butter? Where do they come up with these stuff!!!

53. Kellie says:

OK, making these right now. I was worried the dough wasn’t going to come together and then I chillaxed and it all worked! Thanks for the great recipe!!!

54. Jan says:

These look amazing! Can you tell me the “serving size”?
    I guess I’m asking if those stats are for one cookie or two 😉

1. It makes 20-25 filled (complete) sandwiches.

55. Awesome Katie, these look so delicious!

56. Megan says:

I never would’ve known today was National Peanut Butter Day if it hadn’t been for your post! I know there’s a National Ice Cream Day the third Sunday in July (July 21st this year), and National Apple Day on October 21st. I love hearing about these national food days!

Every day should be National Peanut Butter Day. It’s fantastic. It was the perfect excuse to bake and eat peanut butter. My friends and I celebrated at school, and we all brought in different peanut butter dishes. I brought in these peanut butter Oreos and they were a big hit! I hope you had a great National Peanut Butter Day!

57. Deidre says:

Hey Katie!
    I was just wonderin’ if you got my email a couple days ago!?:) You’re so great, I love your blog! You are a genius! Love ya girl!

1. Yes, I do have one from Deidre! I get a lot and am currently seven pages back… but I do try to answer as many as possible when I get a chance :).

1. Deidre says:

Ok cool! Awesome! And that’s totally fine Katie, take as long as you need. I’m in no rush I was just checking to see if it went through:) You are such a great person, and I love your recipes and blog. Keep up the amazing creativity! You’re so talented:D

58. Bek @ Crave says:

Yum! Haha, Parent Trap was onto something- that use to be my fav movie of all time..being a fellow redhead 😉

59. Julie says:

Hi Katie,
    I’m already a great fan of your peanut butter secrets, so would love to try these out too. And right now I have my five year-old at my elbow, the one who can’t eat milk or eggs, staring longingly at the illustrations and asking “What are THOSE??”
    But what is coconut butter? I have coconut milk/cream on hand, and coconut oil, not to mention shredded coconut. Can I use any combination of these to make coconut butter?
    Thanks and thanks and thanks for what you do.

1. I happened to have this bookmarked…. Good news is all you need is shredded coconut!

60. Julie says:

Ooops, and one other question. Have you tried these with rice and/or chick pea flour? (no spelt on hand today)

61. marla says:

Love this recipe! Will be linking back to this in my upcoming post :)

62. You had me at, “peanut butter and chocolate!!!!”

63. Sara Ross says:

Thank you so much for this beautiful recipe. So many of your recipes are staples for my family. :) Something to note however, is that spelt flour is not gluten free. Spelt is a relative of wheat. It will make those with celiac disease and most with gluten sensitivity sick. I can’t remember if you have to avoid gluten or not. Just thought I would pass that along in case a reader might not know. That said, I can’t wait to make these for my peanut butter and chocolate loving husband.

1. Oh yes, you are definitely right. It’s tagged “gluten-free” because of the gf option in parenthesis after the spelt flour :).

64. Amanda says:

Hey Katie! These oreo cookies are in the oven now! I had to make two batches because the dough was so… incredibly… delicious… that I ate the entire bowl!
    Thanks again for sharing!

1. Thank you so much for making them!

65. Emilia Hogan says:

My comments are not posting for some reason. I just wanted to let you know your blog is an inspiration for me.

1. Hmmm… that’s so weird! I saw them in my inbox, but I agree that I only see the one comment here.
      *Evil glare at computer*

Anyway, thanks for the sweet comment :).

66. Hannah says:

I know what I am making for dessert this weekend. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!

67. Arlene says:

Just made these with a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour…the filling is mostly cashew butter…but I thru Ina little pb cause it looked too runny. I also used butter instead of coconut oil and honey as sweetener . If someone tells me how I will post a pic. They are sooooo good.

68. Robyn says:

These look delicious! I love peanut butter and chocolate so much it will be the death of me!

69. Hey Katie I love your recipes they’re really inspiring

If you get the time, check out, there’s a lot of healthy recipe ideas I think you’d really like

Keep doing what you do best!

70. Hey Katie!

I saw this recipe, and i know you love dessert inspired oatmeal, so I thought you might wanna check it out

71. Violet says:

regular store-bought Oreos are vegan in the US

72. Gabrielle says:

I am obsessed w/ that scene from Parent Trap.

My friends and I STILL recreate that scene. Window open – then quickly running to shut it as the wind blows. Sitting on the floor, delving into the huge jar of peanut butter and ruining it with oreo crumbs.

“Halle…we’re like, TWINS”

Oh man. Nostalgia.

73. Limber says:

Hi Katie! How long will these last and what is the best way to store them? Would they freeze ok? Deciding between a half or full batch. Thanks!

1. Sorry, I’ve never tried freezing them :-(

74. Kimber says:

Whoops….my name is Kimber, not Limber :)

75. Yep, pretty much the perfect cookie I think.

76. Andrea says:

I made these this weekend. I found that my cookie crumbled. I used all of the ingredients to the amounts and times you suggested. How do you roll out the dough without flour? I am thinking maybe the flour I used because the dough was sticky made it brittle.

Also, if I make these again I will not use the alternative to the coconut filling recipe. I was too cheap to buy the $12 coconut butter. I think the coconut butter would have given the filling more moisture.

They did taste good :) Very impressed with your website!

1. Anonymous says:

I used spelt flour in the cookies. But used white flour to roll out the dough.

77. amy says:

Hi Katie, Love all these great recipes!!!! Can you add a link to the coconut butter on this page or add a group of diy ingredients on the main drop down menu? It would save me a lot of time trying to find it. Thank you !!!!

78. amy says:

OH, I just found the search!!!! Sorry!!!

79. Julie says:

I only yesterday bought a mini-cake springform and tried to look up recipes for miniature cakes. I came across your blog (the carrot cake miiiight just be made in the very near future!) and couldn’t help but start browsing through all your recipes :) I also have a blog on mainly healthier eating! I will definitely have a look here and see if I can rattle up something delicious!

I always link the original source to my blog post, so people can see where I get the recipes from, I hope you don’t mind if I do that with yours? :)

Happy Pancake Day by the way! 😀

xox J

1. Hi Julie!

Happy Pancake Day :).
      For the recipes, I do ask that people link to the original instead of writing the recipe out on their sites. But feel free to use any photos if needed.

80. Julie says:

PS. I love the fact you add the nutritional information too, much appreciated! 😀

81. Megan says:

Do you know what I could substitute for the spelt flour to make it gluten free?

82. leslie wolf says:

i am trying to just print the recipe without all the blogs. can you tell me how???

1. Megan says:

Just highlight the recipe and hit print > selection, or copy + paste into a Word document or email and print from there :)

83. Shelley says:

I’m making these this morning. I encountered an issue using the coconut oil though – it solidified when I mixed the ingredients and I had to add a lot more milk than the recipe called for to get the mixture into a dough format. The oil was liquid when I added it, so I don’t know if it was the cold milk that caused it to chunk up or just the room temperature or what. Next time, I’ll try the vegetable oil.

84. Michelle says:

I’ve made these a couple of times, fabulous.

When I eat these plain, just the choco cookie part, they remind me SO much of the center of a girl scout thin mint, my favorite.

Away you could please take this recipe, tweek it with mint flavoring, and cover it in your chocolate covering? That’s one more recipe I’d love to see.

Thank you, can’t WAIT for your book.

85. Andrea says:

I keep staring at those photos, and glaring at the clock. I have the dough in the fridge right now, but I am so impatient! It’s why I rarely make homemade ice cream or frozen things…I can never wait!
    I do love Oreos, and peanut butter. I have a box of oreos in the pantry now, but I limit myself to one every few days. I have a feeling I will not be limiting myself in such a way with these! The dough was amazing!

86. Hannah says:

Mine certainly weren’t as pretty as yours, but I’m not the best at beautifying food. Delicious either way!

87. Melissa Walters says:

I am having a problem with the chocolate cookie part. It won’t roll out for me. It is just one big sticky mess. Anything I can do or you think I am doing wrong?

88. Kaylee says:

I want to thank you so much for this recipe! Oreos used to be my absolute favorite in high school (two packages every birthday and an oreo chocolate pudding pie) so when I started eating healthier I was very sad to see them go . . . Now I can have them occasionally and feel good. YAY!
    I used gluten free flour and coconut oil as well as coconut sugar and the dough turned out very sticky. Even after refrigerating I could not roll it out or even touch it without it melting. Eventually I just scooped it as best I could with a spoon and flattened it. I think it was the heat in my house, I refuse to turn the air conditioning on till July and I live in tennessee. However they baked perfectly! I will probably cook them longer next time (i erred on the side of caution because I tend to burn things), they taste most like oreos when they are crunchy . . . Still haven’t made the filling yet. Making the homemade coconut butter tomorrow. :)

89. Lillian says:

Hi Katie!

I know this is an older recipe, so I’m not sure you’ll see this. But I was thinking about the “better peanut butter” you made with banana, and I was wondering, would that work for filling in these?

90. Elle says:

Oreos were always a huge favorite, and now that I can make a wheat free version that skips the white icing I’m super happy about being able to make these for my kids. (Back when I was a Teen and ate Oreos, I used to eat the top half of two cookies, then stick them together so the icing piled up onto one bottom cookie piece and kept doing it till I had a large tower of icing which I could then throw away.). I always wished for a “half the stuff Oreo”. Thanks for a healthier version with some protein to boot!!!! :)))))

91. Mykel Mizell says:

Could any all purpose gf flour be used?

1. I’ve not tried, so I really can’t say.

92. Whitni Vasquezr says:

Oh I made these and they are divine as usual! You never let me down Katie!

1. Thank you so much for trying them! :)

93. Sarah Wright says:

Must report I made this and they were kid and husband approved which is a huge success:) Also super exciting is I made them with the wet almond pulp from making almond milk. and the middle I used almond butter blended with coconut oil and dates:):)

94. Jen says:

Katie my cookies are really spreading out. I want them to be thicker like yours in the pictures. What’s the secret?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You may want to check out the troubleshoot comments on Katie’s blog, which can be found at

95. Christine Moore says:

I know you posted this recipe a while back, but I had a couple of thoughts about it that I wanted to share. If you cannot find coconut butter for the peanut butter filling, you can use trans-fat free vegetable shortening (Spectrum makes a terrific product); this may help with the consistency if the filling becomes too runny with melted coconut butter. Also, I would dare you to try oreos with another type of nut butter (almond and cashew have been tasty substitutes). Either way, the oreo+peanut butter combo screams “vegan-friendly treat” like nothing else.

96. becauseHeloves! says:

White-whole-wheat flour works! And these are sooo good. I just made them! And the sugar cookies are good too. Made those yesterday.
    Holiday cookie spree!

97. Tomas Bishop says:

I’m just going nuts on how great these cookies look, I could easily eat a few dozen if they taste as good as they look. Of course I can’t, even though they are more on the healthy side. Got to watch my weight! I’m not very much of a cook, but I could get my girlfriend to try and get this cooked up for me.

You got me craving hard lol

98. Marion says:

I didn’t have coconut butter but figured I could improvise on the filling.. I used PB, a couple tablespoons of cream cheese, and some coconut sugar I powdered in the blender. Well it was looking crumbly greasy and nasty at that point and I just started adding random stuff to hopefully improve the texture… (milk, butter, more cream cheese, flour.. haha) finally switched from little cheap hand mixer to my good Bosch stand mixer, whipped it on high and it finally came together. However.. I now have way more PB filling than cookies. Oh dear. I shall have to go make the cookies again. 😉 By the way.. I didn’t bother chilling and rolling the dough for the cookies. I just rolled the dough into 1″ balls and squished each ball flat with a measuring cup and a scrap of parchment paper. (The squished cookie would stick to the measuring cup but not the parchment.)

99. Uno says:

I want to make these and send it to my boyfriend who lives in another city. They’ll reach him in five days. Will these last if I bake them at home since he doesn’t have a microwave :/