Raspberry Vanilla Coffee Cake

Raspberry Vanilla Coffee Cake - healthy

Do not skip this post!

True, there’s no chocolate, no peanut butter, and no Oreos. (Your attention is waning already, isn’t it?) But just because a dessert might not be Super Nutella Triple Threat Fudge Cake doesn’t mean it can’t still taste delicious.

(By the way, why don’t I have a Super Nutella Triple Threat Fudge Cake on the blog?)

This light raspberry yogurt cake has a melt-in-your-mouth texture and tastes like a giant breakfast pastry. It’s definitely something worth waking up for!

Raspberry Breakfast Cake

Raspberry Vanilla Coffee Cake

(makes 10 slices)

• 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
  • 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt (such as Wholesoy or Silk) (115g)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax (5g)
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (6g)
  • 3 tbsp coconut or veg oil (30g)
  • 2 cups spelt flour, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf (250g)
  • 2/3 cups xylitol or sugar (or sucanat) (130g)
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/16 tsp pure stevia, or 2 extra tbsp sugar (or 2 NuNaturals packets)
  • 1 2/3 cups raspberries (230g)
  • 1/3 cup more raspberries (50g)
  • optional: chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease a 9 1/2-in springform pan. Combine first 5 ingredients (yes, the flax too) and whisk. Set aside. In a separate, large measuring bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the final 1/3 cup raspberries, and stir well. Pour wet into dry and stir until evenly combined (don’t overmix). Pour into the prepared pan, then sprinkle the remaining berries on top. Bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool the healthy raspberry coffee cake in pan on a wire rack, 15 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan.

Nutrition information is almost identical to here.

Raspberry Breakfast Cake

raspberry coffee cake

Question of the Day:

Did you fall for any April Fool’s jokes yesterday?

I told my sister that Kate Middleton was having triplets. She was very excited… and then very mad at me! Also, just to clarify: In case anyone missed the end of yesterday’s post and didn’t notice the awful photoshopped picture of me at the beginning, yes it was an April Fool’s joke. Thanks for all the congratulations emails and comments… I wish it were true, but it’s not!

Link of the Day:

Copycat Dark Chocolate Crunch Bars!

…….No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Bars

Tags: , , , ,

1. Mmm this cake looks so tasty!!

2. Tanner says:

Oh, wow! This takes the cake (pun intended) at the top of my baking list! No raspberries, though, so I’ll be using strawberries, and oat flour. By the way, it says 3 tbsp cocout oil, just so you know 😉
    P.S. You totally got me yesterday, all the way up to the end! 🙂

1. Thanks for letting me know! 🙂

1. Tanner says:

Oh, I’m soooo excited! It’s in the oven now! I used oat flour, vegan butter, and blackberries! I also used 340g of berries, just because I didn’t want to deal with leftover berries 😉
        My mom came in and said, “That looks berry-licious!”

1. 0246 says:

please let us know how the oat flour is! i’m gluten free and hate futzing with GF mixes.

1. Tanner says:

It turned out great! It’s very dense and hearty, but oh so yummy!

2. Anonymous says:

Are we not supposed to use 3 TBS of the oil? I’m about to make this how much should I use then?
        Thanks!

3. Kate says:

This looks AMAZING. Sometimes it’s refreshing to skip the chocolate. 😉 Thanks for sharing!

4. Cheryl says:

Can anyone give me more info on sucanat – I can’t seem to find it locally. Is it worth buying online? Is it similar to coconut palm sugar? (That’s what I’ve been using.) Thanks!

1. Yes it is similar to coconut palm sugar in texture, but they have two different taste. Sucanat to me is a lighter texture then raw can sugar.. If you have raw cane sugar it is pretty much the same thing.. Just one is dehydrated cane juice and the other is not… I only use palm sugar in most of my deserts now it takes some time getting use to, but it works just as well as other sweeteners :).

5. Michelle says:

This looks yummy!

6. Laura says:

Looks delish. Funny timing, though. I actually just made your Eggy Breakfast Bread this morning (sweetened with maple syrup and using plain ‘ol corn starch instead of enrg egg) and by doubling the vanilla and adding a generous handful of raspberries I enjoyed a VERY delicious (and healthy!) breakfast cake. Naturally GF too 🙂

7. Anonymous says:

thanks for this… looks refreshing in a comforting kind of way!!!

8. Jessasaurus says:

oh! My wedding cake was raspberry! I have never found a good recipe….this might be the lucky one! Thanks!!

9. A lovely little coffee cake 🙂 I fell for no jokes yesterday, thank goodness. They always get me super embarrassed!

10. Look at the moist crumb! Oh my!

11. What a merry morning I will have with this lovely very berry coffee cake. I love how pretty in pink your photos are!

12. Kelsey says:

Looks so good! …we could put a little chocolate on top 🙂

13. This looks awesome. I think I was sleeping all day yesterday, cause I really didn’t hear anything that funny or convincing. Mostly a lot of fake pregnancy announcements on Facebook, and one real one.

14. I’ve been obsessed with raspberries lately. This cake looks fantastic!

15. Bianca says:

It looks delicious even without chocolate:) But a super duper chocolately nutella fudge cake would be awesome!
    I fell for two pranks yesterday! (I’m very gullible) First, was yours, and then my sister put toothpaste in between my oreo. :/ They were very minty;)

16. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Don’t worry…it’ll be true SOME day 🙂
    I fell for your little joke yesterday and only the smart commenters saved me from making a fool out of myself in a comment. My sister totally fell for it though. Gullible.
    Next time, I suggest fooling us into believing that you gave your deep dish pie to Channing Tatum and he proposed. That’ll go over well 🙂

17. OMGGGGGG.. you are such a prankster. LOL. I went and told like 3 other people you were going to be on Ellen. You know, you may just get called to the show. Never know! This cake looks amazing.

18. Your joke was the only one I temporarily fell for! So nice job!! 🙂

This cake looks amazing! Lots of exclamation points this morning haha

19. Sushma says:

That cake looks absolutely delicious. I am going to try a single serving cupcake of this recipe, will let you know how it goes.
    Haha and yes, I was fooled by your post yesterday 🙂

20. Stefanía says: