Lightened Up Vegan Chocolate Fondue

Vegan Chocolate Fondue –

vegan chocolate fondue

I was completely convinced Kate Middleton would have a girl.

There’s a recipe called “Pink Princess Cake” going in my cookbook that I decided to take out and post today… or really last week because I guessed the baby would be born July 14th. Obviously I have no future as a psychic.

Or a gambler.

fudge 2

Seeing as I’m already 0 for 2, I’m not even going to try! According to UK betting agents, George and James are frontrunners, with Henry and Alexander close behind.

Scarily enough, some people actually put money down on the names Voldemort and Snape. 😕

Luckily, no special skills in divination are required to make a rich chocolate fondue perfect for celebrating any occasion. All you need is chocolate.

And luckily, I just so happen to have a very large supply of chocolate!

chocolate fondue

This is a lightened-up recipe for traditional chocolate fondue.

The heavy cream, margarine, and corn syrup called for in many versions of the recipe have been omitted, and I’ve combined three different types of chocolate, just enough milk, and a pinch of salt and vanilla extract in such a way that the final product maintains the same richness and creaminess of the original.
fudge 3

fudge 2

Lightened-Up Vegan Chocolate Fondue

• 3/4 cup milk of choice (180g)
  • 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (10g)
  • 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 5 oz chopped dark chocolate (or 5oz more chocolate chips)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • optional: 1/2 tbsp amaretto (omit the vanilla extract if using)

Whisk milk of choice, cocoa, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Once it boils, lower to LOW and add all of the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and is completely creamy, with no lumps (about 2-3 minutes). Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract or amaretto. Transfer to a fondue pot or serving dish. Serve with sliced fruit, graham crackers, or anything you think would taste better with a coating of chocolate. (Read: everything!)

View Fondue Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

no bake snickers

No Bake Snickers Ice Cream Bars

Tags: , , , ,

1. Melissa says:

Yum! I have a package of strawberries in the fridge just waiting to be dipped in this! Thank you for sharing!

2. Think I’ll try making this with a bit of my favorite chocolate PB2 and use it as a dip for animal crackers!

3. I thought the royal baby was going to be a girl too. I’m going to guess he will be named Henry. What an adorable name! I love how light and easy this recipe is. Can’t wait to give it a try!

4. Have to admit that Voldemort would be the most hillarious royal baby name, ever. This fondue sounds tasty! I normally stay away from chocolate fondues and fountains at parties because A. unhealthy and B. I have an irrational fear of childen dipping their fingers in it! Glad to be able to make it at home with no fear of dirty finger dipping :) (just my clean fingers!)

5. Kathy says:

Oh yum, chocolate fondue. This will be on my to do list!! I really thought Kate would have a girl also, but I was probably led by the media suggesting it might be a girl. I am hoping she will include the name Frances for one of the baby’s middle names, as that was William’s mother’s middle name. I think that would be a nice gesture. Can’t wait to get a glimpse of the little guy!

6. Ashley says:

I thought it was going to be a girl too! Thanks for the fondu recipe! I love your stuff. I made the PB protein bars and they are AMAZING!
    I’m following you – can you return the favor?

~Ashley (A Cute Angle)

1. I will definitely check out your blog! :)

7. Lisa says:

I totally thought Kate was going to have a girl too.
    For some reason I was just convinced she would.
    This chocolate fondue looks amazing! Perfect for entertaining.

8. Lauwchen says:

I love chocolate fondue! When I get lazy, I simply microwave some dark chocolate and dip strawberries in it before the chocolate cools down and sets 😀

9. Anne-Marie says:

Your first sentence was so recognizable! There must be a relationship between thinking about Royal Baby Girls and loving Chocolate. Anyway, this recipe sounds gorgeous like the very most of your recipes! I’m always looking forward to your blogs! Thanks a lot!

10. Chocolate fondue is just heaven to me!!!! Especially dark chocolate…

11. Only from Katie would we get 3 kinds of dark chocolate in one recipe. I love it! I’ve been experimenting with chocolatey fudge sauces a lot lately and this looks great. Forget fruit – I think eating this by the spoonful would be perfectly acceptable :)

12. Laura Miller says:

I was convinced that the royal baby was a girl too! Even when I first saw the announcement of the baby being a boy, I thought they were lying.

Whatever the royal baby is, this sounds like the perfect dessert to celebrate any life moment.

13. Erica says:

wheres the question of the day?

14. Brittany Winn says:

Katie,
    This has nothing to do with your post (which looks great) besides the fact that that beautiful strawberry made me think of a question for you. I was just wondering if you have experimented with chia seed jam? I was thinking about trying it with your single lady jelly roll but thought I would ask you if you have played with the idea yet?
    I am really excited about the idea and am going to try it out today…and perhaps smear it on a single lady jelly roll after all.
    Love your creative, consistent posts!
    Brittany

1. Sarah the official CCK Drooler says:

I don’t know whether Katie has done a chia jam but I have tried these, and like them very much!
      Hope it helps!

1. Brittany says:

Oh goodness! Thank you, those links took me to exactly the kind of thing I’d like to try to create! How did you become the official drooler? I’d like to be the CCK official taste tester!
        Cheers Sarah

2. I do have my own recipe (not yet posted)… but it looks like the links Sarah provided are pretty similar to mine, so I’d try some of those. Angela is a great cook, so I’d bet they turn out well.

15. How funny, I was just pondering a healthier fondue last night.

16. Krithi says:

Somehow I too thought Kate would have a girl :). Glad I didn’t bet anywhere… A bowl full of chocolate for dipping.. bring it on… I would just dig in and lick the spoon.. :)

17. Tiffany says:

I totally thought she would have a girl too :)

Love the idea of this fondue!

I dont have a scale…so how much would you estimate 5oz of chocolate chips to be if I were to use measuring cups? Thank you so much!

1. I would look at your bag of chips. It will usually say on there. Look and see how many ounces the package is and then how many servings. :)

18. Amy McCann says:

You know what would be fun?! To see what people have tried chocolate on and loved!! I homeschool and when doing Kindergarten with my 1st born (many moons ago) we had to do a graph. The graph ended up being the like or dislike of foods in applesauce. Note to self: Don’t let the Kinder make up the terms:) We put 6-7 different things in applesauce and everyone tasted it with an up or down vote. The kids all liked ketchup with applesauce, I didn’t even try it!!!! P.S.: I had no idea that fondue was full of junk, but then again I don’t buy it. Now that I know, I will make it! THANK YOU!!!

19. Tammela says:

Katie, you kill me with these chocolate recipes! (In the best possible way.) Yet another thing to go on my “to-make” list… :)

20. DragonTat2 says:

Oh, I do like Henry.

And just scored a few varieties of some awesome quality chocolate.
    Timing is everything~ and, yeah. I thought girl, too