Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini Muffins

These chocolate chip mini muffins are so soft and chewy it’s almost like eating chocolate chip cookies in the form of a muffin.

Flourless Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Flourless Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

Chocolate chip cookies > muffins.
Actually if we’re being honest, chocolate chip cookies > pretty much everything else.

Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Hope you enjoyed your math lesson for the day.

Flourless Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

• 1 cup almond meal (100g)
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxmeal
  • scant 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2-3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
  • 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar

Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins: Preheat oven to 280F and grease a mini muffin tin, then set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients. Pour wet into dry and stir to form a dough, then scoop into 8 or 9 mini muffin cups. Place in the oven and immediately increase temperature to 325F. Bake 22 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin cups.

View Nutrition Facts

mini muffins

Link of the Day:

……No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Happy National Peanut Butter Month!

Tags: , , ,

1. becauseHeloves! says:

I have almond meal! Wooohooooo!

2. Tracy says:

Oooh! Love the grain-free recipe 🙂 Can you tell us how to adjust it to do a whole pan of muffins?

1. Jenny says:

For one muffin pan (normal sized muffins, or 24 mini muffins), try:
      2 + 2/3 cups almond meal
      5 Tbsp + 1 tsp (roughly equivalent to 1/3 cup) ground flax
      2/3 tsp salt
      1/3 cup chocolate chips
      2/3 cup water
      5 Tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
      5 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
      2 Tbsp vinegar

I made them with almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk) and used the above amounts (2 2/3 cup of almond pulp instead of almond meal, butter instead of coconut oil, and decreased the water to 1/3 cup (used almond milk instead!)) and I had great results. 🙂 Depending on the salt you use, you may want to use 1/2 tsp in the altered version (above) rather than 2/3 tsp! (I used 2/3 tsp but kosher salt is a bit fluffier so it was probably more like 1/4 tsp of regular iodized salt.)

Great recipe, Katie. Great way to use up leftover almond pulp.

3. Melissa says:

Yum, I’ve always loved mini chocolate chip muffins! When I was younger, I used to eat the small ones by Hostess (I think that was the brand) and looked forward to it, as an after-school snack!

4. Amy says:

These look great and I have all the ingredients!
    Are the nutrition facts per mini muffin?

5. It’s National Peanut Butter month? That is something I can celebrate!

6. Steph says:

Love that these are paleo!

1. MC says:

My thoughts exactly! Katie, you should have a paleo category.

7. You did it again Katie!! These look fantastic!!! I can’t wait to whip them up! It just soo happens I have some ground almonds in my cupboard! 😉

8. Sara @ LovingOnTheRun says:

Katie you have done it again! These looks amazing and perfect. I don’t know how you keep coming up with these awesome healthified recipes!

9. Brittany @ The Fit Phoenician says:

These looks awesome! And easy to make vegan with the chocolate chips 🙂
    I love your recipes!

10. terezka says:

Hey Katie, do you think these would taste good as jumbo muffins?
    Sometimes when one makes something jumbo it looses not only it’s cuteness but also the texture and flavor. so I just wondered what you thought about these. Thank you!

11. Rachelle says:

Yay! I recently started eating “Paleo” and was so bummed when I couldn’t use many of your recipes anymore, but this one is perfect! Thank you!

12. Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen says:

Totally agree with your math today 😀

13. Bridget says:

Katie – Is there an alternative you would recommend to almond meal for a tree-nut allergy girl? 🙂

1. beth says:

Definitely would love to know about a peanut/tree nut allergen flour alternative! I have access to oat flour, millet flour and brown rice flour easily on top of regular old flour. Would one of those work?

1. Carmen says:

I am going to try these using ground pumpkin seeds.

1. Jenny says:

I imagine these would work with ground pumpkin seeds, as Carmen suggested. You could probably get good results using a mix of the three flours available to you. Millet flour will be closest in texture to almond meal, but it can be overpowering if used by itself. Maybe try 2/3 cup millet flour and 1/3 cup oat flour (if you’re staying faithful to the amounts in the recipe and not doubling it)?

Read more:

14. Katie says:

Can I skip flax and water and use egg? Would it be 1 or 2?

1. Steph says:

Eggs are amazing and you should definitely use them if you’re not vegan! A flax egg is 1 T flax + 3 T water, so I would say use 2 eggs.

1. MC says:

Thank you for the paleo -friendly adjustment recommendation 😉

15. Samantha says:

These look like little pockets of chocolatey goodness. Thanks for the recipe!

16. Livi says:

I’ve never seen apple cider vinegar in muffins! I can’t wait to try them!

17. These look awesome!! They remind me of your strawberry shortcake muffins — which were totally yummy!! You rock!!

18. Lauren says:

Would Garbonzo bean flour work the same as almond meal?

19. these are so cute! Although they may be dangerously addictive…and I will probably end up consuming the whole batch…

20. Lisa Ernst says:

Another great looking recipe I can’t wait to try. These would be a good take along for a long road trip. For my taste, I would definitely up the chocolate chips considerably as it would seem to me that just a few tablespoons wouldn’t go very far. That’s me though, being a major chocolate lover, I always want an even and generous distribution of chips in my recipes. Thanks for a wonderful looking recipe!