Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/02/17/chocolate-peanut-butter-cup-pie/

Imagine a pie that tastes like the filling of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and you’ll come pretty close to this no-bake chocolate peanut butter pie.

Dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a secret healthy ingredient none of your guests will ever notice. Although there’s another recipe for no-bake peanut butter pie already on the blog, this time I wanted to create a pie even banana-haters can enjoy. You will find no banana, no flour, and no soy in today’s recipe.

But you will most definitely find chocolate.

Peanut Butter Pudding Pie

And peanut butter.

If you like Reeses, this peanut butter pie is a must-try!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/02/17/chocolate-peanut-butter-cup-pie/

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie

• 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, or allergy-friendly alternative (345g)
  • 2 cups thick plain or vanilla yogurt (I used 3 containers SoDelicious coconutmilk yogurt) (480g)
  • pure stevia to taste, or 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Prepared pie crust or Healthy Chocolate Pie Crust
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g)
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, agave, or honey (strict vegans don’t use honey) (30g)
  • 2 tbsp melted virgin coconut oil (Alternatively, you can simply top the pie with melted chocolate chips.)(20g)

Blend first 5 ingredients until smooth. Pour into your prepared pie crust and chill one hour (or more). In a small dish, stir together the remaining ingredients until a smooth sauce is formed. Spread over the chilled pie and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.

View Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Nutrition Facts

Green Curry
Link of the Day: Super Healthy Green Curry Noodles

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Thanks for another great recipe. I love reeses cups so I am definitely going to give this recipe a try!

2. Waking up to a giant peanut butter cup was the best way I could have possibly started this Monday. YUM Katie! Pinned 🙂

3. Emilylovesraisins says:

I saw this post and I got really sad, because it looked so good but (like many of your pie recipes) it probably used mori-nu tofu, which I don’t have easy access to.
    But then I read that there was no soy! Hallelujah!
    I will definitely be making this soon 🙂

4. Natasha says:

Yummy – please could you do a recipe for chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes?

5. This looks ridiculously tasty! I only just mentioned on another blog there, how coconut and peanut go hand in hand, and then I saw this 😀 Mmmmm sounds divine, and looks so lovely and fluffy! x

6. I think this pie might be my dream come true…can’t wait to try!

7. EVA says:

YES! So simple! Although a little too high in fats for my unfortunate gastrointestinal disorder, I’m sure this would be just as delicious cut into little mini circles and eaten like an actual Reese’s. With the pie crust, it’d be like a Reese’s-Oreo type of deal, both of which I haven’t eaten in years! BRING IT ON

Also, I miss the banana.

8. Kate says:

Thank you so much for this! I spotted a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake on another blog that looked so good but also soooooooo bad for you — this might satisfy my craving.

9. lauren says:

Yogurt, chocolate, and peanut butter! YUM! What a great idea, thanks Katie!

10. This sounds delicious, and I love that it’s made with yogurt!

11. Oh yum! PB & chocolate is the best combo ever!!

12. Alexa says:

I know you’re not a crust lover, and neither am I. Do you think this could go crust-less?
    Regardless, it looks spectacular. I was pumped it is soy-free, as well!

1. Dani says:

As is, not really. You can eat it as a mousse-type dessert, but it won’t stand up on it’s own as a pie. The texture is very similar to a cream pie. You can try adding a little xanthan gum to thicken it up.

2. emaliah82 says:

You can easily make it crustless if you keep it in the freezer. I did anyways WITH the crust because I like it that way…just let it warm up for a few minutes before eating. It didn’t get too frozen at all!

13. Deanna says:

I’m drooling already! Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven 🙂 I love how you used yogurt. I’m so making this ASAP. Thanks for posting!

14. Holyyyy crap Katie, this looks so good!! My two favorite flavors rolled into one. I cannot wait to try this. You’re killing it as always!

15. Danielle says:

This recipe looks so yummy! Wondering if it would work to divide it between cupcake liners for mini crustless pies?

16. Interesting that you used yogurt! I’m tempted to try using it in a cheesecake, see how that works out.

17. A reese’s peanut butter cup pie? You are killing me 😛 I love peanut butter pie but I find it SO heavy so this looks like a much better alternative!! Thanks!

18. Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa says:

Wow does this ever look good! Can’t wait to give it a try!

19. Moi says:

Hey, I was just wondering… Which is the secret ingredient no one would guess? ‘Cause I don’t really see outrageous things in there. Just delicious ingredients and awesome pics, really.

1. Steph says:

I second this question! What’s the secret healthy ingredient? All these ingredients look pretty normal to me.

1. May says:

I think it’s the yogurt? Most pies are made with condensed milk/cream/etc.

20. Taylee @ twist me fit says:

I’m pinning this and trying this week! Looks so good 🙂