{no bake} Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake

This velvety cheesecake literally MELTS in your mouth! And the best part is that it's secretly good for you!  How to make it: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/04/01/bake-cinnamon-swirl-cheesecake/

This velvety cheesecake literally MELTS in your mouth.

With such a smooth and creamy texture, it’s almost impossible to believe the cheesecake recipe contains no cream, no dairy, no gluten, no soy, and no eggs.

Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake

You don’t even need to heat up the oven. Just blend the ingredients together, pour the batter into a pan, and chill until firm.

This velvety cheesecake literally MELTS in your mouth! And the best part is that it's secretly good for you - no sugar, no butter, no flour.  How to make it: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/04/01/bake-cinnamon-swirl-cheesecake/

Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake

• 1/2 cup applesauce (120g)
  • 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (150g)
  • 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil (30g)
  • pinch pure stevia plus 2 tbsp water (or 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and omit the water)
  • just under 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon, divided

Place the cashews in a cereal bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight. The next day, drain and pat the cashews completely dry. Combine all cheesecake ingredients, except 1/2 tsp cinnamon, in a high-speed blender or food processor, and process on high until the mixture is completely smooth. Make the crust:

• just over 1/2 cup pitted dates
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup almonds (80g)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • up to 1 tbsp water, if needed

Combine all crust ingredients in a high-quality food processor (not a blender), and process until fine sticky crumbles form. If mixture is too dry, add the water and process again. Press the crumbles into the bottom of an 8.5-inch round pan, then smooth all but 2 tbsp of the cheesecake filling on top. Combine the reserved 1/2 tsp cinnamon with the reserved 2 tbsp cheesecake filling. Spread this paste on top of the pie, then use a fork to swirl it around the cheesecake. Freeze until the cheesecake is firm enough to slice.

Click for: Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake Nutrition Facts

cinnamon swirl

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake

Question of the Day: What would be your dream cheesecake flavor?

Cookie Dough? Crème Brulee? Chocolate Banana Marble Swirl? Basic Raw Cheesecake? Please feel free to get as creative as you want with your answers!

ellen degeneres vegan

P.S. Remember last year when I was on the Ellen Degeneres Show?

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Steph says:

This looks absolutely amazing. Oh, and happy April fools day 😉

2. Loving the sound of this! I bet the cashew cheese cream is divine! *puppydawgeyes*

Happy April Katie! 😀 Hope you’ve had a great start to the month 🙂 x

3. Wow! That looks amazing! My dream cheesecake flavour would be milk chocolate – salted caramel!
    xx,
    E.

4. EVA says:

I’m intrigued! And it’s awesome to see a GF/vegan cheesecake recipe that doesn’t rely on Greek yogurt. Is there any possible substitution for the coconut oil, I can’t digest the fats in coconut.

Dream flavor…..hmmm….cookies and creme? I haven’t had smores in a long time, maybe that’d make a scrumptious variety!

5. Oh, my perfect cheesecake would definitely have strawberries and chocolate. Interesting to see a vegan cheesecake with no tofu! Is the cashew flavor strong?

1. Hannah Elizabeth says:

I have not made this particular recipe, but I have made stuff with a cashew base several times before (like Katie’s chocolate strawberry truffle pie – yum!), and the cashews are so mild, they just blend with whatever other flavors are in the dish. They are so smooth and creamy, and impart virtually no flavor; the people to whom I have served such dishes were always puzzled as to what I had used as a base. I absolutely *love* working with cashews!! Cashews and cauliflower have got to be my two favorite secret ingredients of all time!!

6. Emily J. says:

This looks divine! I don’t know about my dream cheesecake flavor, but dark chocolate/orange sounds delish! This is a dumb question (!) but what is cashews soak? Is it just cashews that have been soaked and drained?

1. Michelle says:

Hmm… I’m guessing she meant “raw cashews, soaked.” Cashews that are soaked and then drained, yes. Looks like it’s just a typo!

1. Emily J. says:

Oops, haha! I didn’t read the recipe instructions until now! =) Thank you!

7. Christine says:

That looks SO good. My dream cheesecake is one I used to make before going V/GF. Boston Creme Cheesecake. A layer of yellow cake, a layer of cheesecake on top, and then chocolate ganache. SO good!

8. robin says:

This looks awesome. If I wasn’t at work right now I would be making it. Love the fact that u don’t need Vegan Cream Cheese. I have been wondering if there was a good homemade version for cream cheese and it looks like you have created it.
    I was wondering what blender you use? Everyone loves their blenders and I want to purchase one. I have read so many reviews. I am sure whatever I choose I will be happy with. Enjoy..rm
    A rasberry dark choclolate cheescake sounds good right about now.
    Enjoy always..robin

1. I would recommend a food processor over a blender… I have a 7-cup Cuisinart. For a blender, I really like the Vita-Mix, but I know those are expensive. You can really get away with just a food processor.

9. This looks sublime!
    My dream cheesecake flavour? Hmmm … raspberry, I guess, or caramel. Yum 🙂

10. Jaime says:

Cant wait to try this!

Also, if I can make a suggestion: name your photos the title of your dessert amd your blog name. This helps when pinning directly from your site 🙂

1. I’m usually good with naming the photos, and the first photo will often also have a link to the post for pinterest 🙂

11. This looks amazing! I’ve never worked with cashew cream before, but this looks good enough to make me start. Yum!

I noticed Ellen loves you so much that she put a photo of the two of you on the coffee table…nice 😉

12. Hannah Elizabeth says:

13. I love cheesecake! My dream flavor would probably be espresso swirl. I love plain cheesecake, but a whisper of espresso throughout would be divine!

14. This looks dangerously good. I love the inclusion of applesauce to boost the volume in a healthy way.
    My dream (and quite unconventional) flavor would be marshmallow cheesecake! Creamy cashews…melt down a bag of Dandies…I may have to try this 🙂

15. Emily says:

Katie, why, why! I just gave my daughter the half-cup of applesauce left in the fridge this morning… and used the cashews I soaked for a pot pie! Why didn’t you beam this to my brain about six hours ago instead?!

Ahh it looks so good. For next week, I guess. 🙂

16. Ana @ HealthyNationalDesserts says:

The cashews filling looks so amazing, I will definitely give this a try. My dream cheesecake flavor is dark chocolate.

17. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Wow this looks great! I am wondering though, does this taste anything like traditional cheesecake? I love cheesecake and I am hoping that this is going to taste very similar. Hoping for the best, i think i will try this weekend. 🙂

1. Not traditional “cheesecake”; it’s more like the raw cheesecake recipes you see floating around the internet. I think they got the name “cheesecake” for the silky cheesecake-like texture as opposed to the flavor.

1. AnnaBananaBelle says:

okay! i am still willing to give it a try though!

18. Emma says:

Mmmmm. Looks so delicious. I go through cinnamon at the rate of knots!
    I think my ideal cheesecake flavour would be lemon 😀

19. Lauren says:

This made my day finally I can try one or your cheesecake recipes! Though it’d still be cheating for me it’s not soy or whatever processed stuff so ya I’m making it! Thank you!!! The cheesecakes were always the most haunting recipes for me 😉

20. Steph says:

I’ve never had cinnamon and cheesecake together… GENIUS! Must try now!!