Copycat Dove Ice Cream Dream Bars

Copycat Dove Ice Cream Bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/07/21/copycat-dove-chocolate-vanilla-ice-cream-bars/

It’s time for the next edition of Funny Searches that lead to Katie’s Blog! People land on my website whilst searching for all sorts of funny things. Below are just a few of my recent favorites:

• chocolate covered brussel sprouts
  • chocolate covered zebras
  • chocolate covered chicken nuggets
  • chocolate covered lo mein noodles
  • chocolate covered baby squirrels 😕

Not to mention chocolate covered spaghettios, chocolate covered fire ants, and chocolate covered Kate Middleton… although my all-time favorite is the person who found my blog upon googling “how to turn your boyfriend into a pig.”

Raw Chocolate Covered Dove Vanilla Ice Cream Bars http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/07/21/copycat-dove-chocolate-vanilla-ice-cream-bars/

Today’s chocolate-covered recipe will hopefully sound much more appealing than chocolate-covered baby squirrels.

(Sometimes I am scared for the world…)

The brilliant technique for how to make your own copycat Dove ice cream bars comes from one of my real-life friends, and it sounded so simple when she told me that there was no way I couldn’t try it out. Any experiment involving ice cream is a good experiment to me.

{healthier} Homemade Dove Ice Cream Dream Bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/07/21/copycat-dove-chocolate-vanilla-ice-cream-bars/

Copycat Dove Ice Cream Dream Bars

• 1 cup ice cream in any flavor (I used my healthy ice cream recipe)
  • 1 paper cup (that holds about 1 cup) OR 4 or 5 large circle cookie cutters
  • sharp knife and cutting board
  • 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
  • 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil (Coconut-free version: use melted chocolate chips for the coating instead)
  • popsicle sticks, if desired

Pack the ice cream into the paper cup. (Or line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set the circle cutters on the baking sheet, and fill each with ice cream, smoothing the tops down.) Freeze until very cold and solid. If using the paper-cup method, make 3 even cuts in the paper cup to get 4 flattened circles (see photos below), adding popsicle sticks if desired, then immediately re-freezing the cut circles as you finish cutting the rest. (If using the cookie-cutter method, pop the cookie cutters off the ice cream, add popsicle sticks if desired, and re-freeze the ice cream.) While waiting for the ice cream circles to completely freeze again, make the chocolate coating by mixing together the cocoa, maple syrup, and coconut oil until a thin sauce forms. If sauce is thick, heat it gently until it thins. Have a parchment-lined plate ready to go, then take out one circle at a time, dip in chocolate, and immediately put back in the freezer.

Nutrition Facts & Step-By-Step Photos.

{copycat} Dove Chocolate Covered Vanilla Ice Cream Dream Bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/07/21/copycat-dove-chocolate-vanilla-ice-cream-bars/

Questions of the Day: If you have a blog: Are there any funny searches people use to find your blog? If you don’t have a blog: Have you ever tried a Dove ice cream bar?

Link of the Day: Chocolate Kale Brownies… and even more funny or scary searches that have led people to find my blog.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. I’ll have 8. Please and thank you.

2. Iman says:

These look absolutely deliciouss! Also, chocolate covered squirrels…? Haha those searches are hilarious xD

3. Jonsie says:

Chocolate Covered Baby Squirrels would be a great name for a band! Otherwise, thanks for the ice cream!

4. Diane says:

I love all of your recipes! Can you add coming up with a copycat version of the Bonk Breaker bars to your list? I love, love those bars. Especially the high protein almond cherry chunk flavor. I tried to make some myself, but failed miserably. Obviously I need to leave it to a professional like you :-)

5. Jen says:

Haha “chocolate covered zebras” – wouldn’t they just look like brown horses… 😛

6. Great idea, and so easy!
    About the chocolate covered squirrel: There was a Canadian peanut butter brand in the 20th century named “squirrel peanut butter”
    Maybe that was meant :) Just saying … for your peace of mind 😉
    I can imagine that you have good laughs about those searches!

7. Oh, and to answer the questions:
    No funny searches yet, but I live in hope.
    And I haven’t tried dove ice cream bars because I’ve never seen them here in Germany. But I used to love “Magnum” from Langnese. *Thick* chocolate layer.

8. I love this idea Katie! Most ice cream bars have tons of chemicals… So easy to make your own!

9. Marguerite says:

You always lighten my day. You are right, anything with ice cream is good. Have you tried Its Its ice cream? May only be a Northern California thing but it is the absolute best- Vanilla ice cream (could make it with vegan ice cream) sandwiched between two delicious oatmeal cookies and the whole thing covered in chocolate. Doesn’t get better than that.

1. I will have to look for it :)

10. Heather says:

I blog, but because I have a free site, I’m not able to see what searches bring people to my blog. I think I’ve had a Dove ice cream bar years ago, but it’s really irrelevant, because we all know: If it’s made by Dove OR the recipe came from CCK, then it tastes amazing! Only your recipes (unlike Dove) are friendly to my food-allergic littles :) Thank you so much for posting! Also, I don’t have one, but I’d imagine freezing these in a mammoth muffin pan could work? Maybe using a plastic fork to stick down in while they set so the handle of the fork would rest on the pan while the tongs froze in so they’d be easier to remove? Just an idea in case anyone else always instantly thinks of doubling, tripling or even multiplying by 6 (yes, I’ve done it) your recipes. 😉

11. Squirrels? Funny! Anyways, these look (and surely taste) spectacular! Can’t wait to give them a whirl!

12. honeystarx says:

The searches are so funny HAHAHAH you must be very entertained

13. Ana says:

No idea what a Dove bar is but I so wish I had the culinary equipment to make these!

14. I think I’ve been inspired to write an unconventional Blog post, lol! I always check my analytics but always forget to have a look of at search results! ‘-)

15. Jessica says:

I haven’t been paying attention, but early on someone found my blog via a search for “microwave cake sourdough starter”. It actually inspired me to create a sourdough microwave mug cake.

16. Hahahaha those search results are hilarious! These look amazing and just what I need after a long day of summer work :)

17. Kyla @ Two Cups Cacao says:

Wow, these look so delicious! I have always loved Dove bars myself, so I think I ought to give this a try.. (: I don’t get any weird searches on my blog, but I cracked up reading all of your’s.

18. Ella says:

Never tried the Dove brand… my aunt always keeps the weight watchers chocolate fudgesicles in her freezer and can we all just take a moment- those things are actually ridiculously delicious (if filled with all sorts of nonfat chemical junk). these look 10000x tastier!

19. Maria G. says:

Yes, I have a blog, but as yet, there are no searches that found it. Any SEO tips from you would be welcome!
    And no, I don’t think I have tried a Dove ice cream bar, but I have tried other ice cream bars, and these look utterly delicious!

1. These funny searches are actually just one-off searchers… probably readers who will never return!

20. EVA says:

Mmmm….chocolate covered spaghettios. I’m actually just imaging Cheerios with melted chocolate over them as it sounds like a MUCH better recipe!

I’ve never had Dove ice cream bars. I used to love getting the lil’ Dove chocolates on Valentine’s Day and reading the message on the inside of the wrapper. It was like a more delicious version of a fortube cookie!