A soft sugar cookie crust is covered in smooth homemade chocolate frosting, for one completely epic dessert pizza.
This dessert pizza is one of my favorite recipes to make for guests around the holidays, because it looks so stunningly beautiful and impressive no matter how you decorate it. I frosted mine with homemade nutella chocolate frosting and shredded coconut, then I used a cookie cutter to add the strawberry hearts. Other topping ideas include:
Mini chocolate chips
I wanted to send 2016 off in true chocolate-covered style, with this giant frosted sugar cookie pizza.
The versatile recipe is–or can be–flourless, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and even sugar-free!
Chocolate Dreams Dessert Pizza
How To Make A Chocolate Dessert Pizza
- 2 cups almond meal, or make your own by grinding slivered almonds in a blender or coffee grinder until finely ground (Nut-free options are listed earlier in the post)
- heaping 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil OR water
- pinch uncut stevia OR 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- Only if using stevia version, add 1/4 cup additional water
- 1 cup frosting, such as chocolate peanut butter or my Healthy Nutella
- Berries and optional toppings of choice
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment, and set aside. (If you have only a regular pan, make sure the parchment goes up the sides, and be very careful lifting it out so the crust does not break. If you only have a 9-inch pan, you might try scaling all ingredients up 1.5 times.) In a measuring bowl, stir together all ingredients except frosting. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan, and use a second sheet of parchment to smush the dough out evenly, pressing down again and again until the dough covers the bottom of the pan. Bake 12 minutes on the center rack. Let cool at least 20 minutes before either frosting right in the pan or removing from the pan and then frosting. I cut the strawberries with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Link Of The Day:
How To Make A Healthy Lemon Cake – Starbucks Makeover Recipe