These will be drier than the regular version, but you can eat twice as many for the same number of calories (30 calories per macaroon, as opposed to around 60 calories per macaroon), which I know many of you will appreciate.
Also, one of my friends actually liked these drier ones better. Personally, I like the softer ones much better. But I’ve never been a fan of crispy cookies. (I think I might be the only person in the world who doesn’t like Oreos!)
(30 calories per macaroon)
- 1 cup reduced-fat, unsweetened shredded coconut (such as “Let’s Do Organic” brand)
- 1 tbsp flour (such as ww pastry or coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp lite coconut milk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
- pinch uncut stevia (or another tbsp maple/agave)
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla extract)
- tiny bit over 1/16 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a tall dish and microwave 2 minutes. (Or cook on the stovetop until it’s firm enough to scoop into ball shapes.) Scoop balls onto a cookie tray. (I used a melon baller, but a spoon or ice-cream scoop will work.) Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.