- Calories: 100 (or 40 cals for the Brownie Bites.)
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Carbs: 19.5 g
- ww points (new system): 2 points
- For a lower-sugar version, you can add 2 packets Nunaturals stevia (1 tsp, or 1/16tsp uncut) and then cut sweetener to 1/3 cup (or even to 1/4 cup, if you only want a subtly-sweet brownie). Or you can experiment with a higher ratio of stevia-to-sugar if you like stevia-sweetened baked goods.
- If you wish to use liquid sweetener (such as agave or maple syrup), scale the applesauce back to 1/4 cup (and be aware that your brownies will be a little bit denser).
- For completely sugar-free brownies, use xylitol in place of the sugar.
- Angry Munchkins: I like very dark, bitter chocolate. So when I make these for myself, I add only 3 tbsp xylitol and no stevia. My friends make fun of my version and say it tastes extremely dark and bitter… like the brownies are angry!
**Remember: these brownies will taste so much sweeter if you let them sit for at least an hour before trying them. I’m really not sure why this is the case!**