Tag Tag Tag

Scrapbooking is one of my all-time favorite hobbies (along with cake-decorating, running, playing sports, reading, dancing… ok, so I guess I have a lot of all-time favorite activities).

Having done quite a few of these “Tag” posts (I never tire of ‘em—I LOVE being tagged!), I thought I’d be a little different this time. So here are Five Facts about Me, scrapbook-style!

Fact #1

I was born in England, and have also lived in China, Philadelphia, Japan, The Philippines, and Texas…

…but my favorite place in the world is New York City (with Italy and Thailand coming in as close seconds).

As far as my current home state goes, Austin’s pretty darn cool.

Fact #2

I’m an animal-lover (kind of stating the obvious, since I’m a vegan).

These pages are of a visit to the amazing Catskill Animal Sanctuary in Saugerties, New York. If you’re ever in the area, don’t miss the chance to go.

Fact #3

I enjoy being outdoors as much as possible. There’s something peaceful and relaxing about being in nature and observing its splendor.

Warm, sunny days make for one super-happy CCK…

…but I don’t discriminate against rainy days– nothing’s more fun than going for a walk or run in the rain!

Fact #4:

My favorite memory is of being surprised at my 16th birthday. I was lucky enough to get two parties that year (one in China and one in Texas), and one of the parties was a surprise party, with maybe 70 people showing up! (In the category of favorite memories, Senior Prom also ranks right up there.)

P.S. The cake in the picture is Moosewood’s incredibly delicious vegan chocolate cake, with Moosewood’s chocolate-peanut butter frosting.

Fact #5

My hands have to constantly stay in motion or they get bored (kinda how the rest of me works as well). Sometimes I draw and do lettering for a purpose, such as with the bear and the title on the page below… but just as often, I like to doodle for no reason– on everything. (I even doodle on my exams, because it helps me think!) Drawing, doodling, lettering, Origami, card-making, writing, typing… the hands are always busy.

1. Jenny says:

Your scrapbook pages look great! And what a neat way to fulfill your tagging. Adorable!

2. romina says:

Oh my gosh, you are so cute!! I love your scrapbooking skills!

3. Vegan On Stage says:

aw katie your so cute! i love your facts!!! youve really been all over the world!
    the banana cake took MAYBE 20 min to prep and then 20 min to cook… its pretty fast!!!!

4. flvegan says:

I wish I had the patience to learn scrapbooking–like you, I simply CANNOT stay in one place for too long!!
    That’s so cool that you’ve had the opportunity to travel! I’ve considered becoming a flight attendant for that sole purpose! 😀

Have a fabulous Sunday! (Hope you’re not sore from moving furniture!)

–Erin

5. Ricki says:

Thanks for sharing the scrapbook style facts–so fasciinating. And your scrapbook pages are also a great illustration of your many talents (that bear is adorable). 🙂

6. magpie says:

These pages are great 🙂 I’ve never scrapbooked but it looks like a lot of fun.

Have a great Sunday!

7. Alice (in Veganland) says:

I would add another fact: you’re quite an artist! 🙂

8. loveofoats says:

awwww this post totally made me miss scrapbooking… i used to be obsessed with it pre-grad school!

love seeing your scrapbook and how talented you are 😉

9. ChickPea says:

What a unique way to share a little about yourself! As always, you’re so creative!

10. Kumudha says:

It’s so nice you have visited so many countries! Your scrapbook is so interesting.

11. shellyfish says:

that post was adorable- just like you! I love learning more about you & seeing more of your “real life”, Ambassador Vegan Katie!!

12. Conquerbysmiling says:

Haha, thanks! I’ve been reading your blog lots and its very enjoyable! I love all the fun facts and good recipes:]

13. Kimberly says:

What a GREAT post! You really should be minoring in art, you know :o)

And I agree that NYC IS the best place in the world (I moved to the city at 17 to start college, and haven’t left since), but it’s awfully hard to remember that come winter, when you’re freezing your butt off in a 9-degree late-night train station :o(

What a great way to grow up, being exposed to so many international cultures. Do you have an opinion as to which nation(s) have been the most vegan-friendly?

14. lighterportions says:

You are so darn adorable. I LOVE your scrapbooking. And I can’t believe you’ve lived in so many different places! I would love to be as world travelled as you are!

15. herbstsonne says:

You have such a pretty smile! I’m no good at scrapbooking but I envy the patience and creativity it takes to make one. :3 Nice twist on the “5 things” meme!

16. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Katie wins the prize for the best tag post ever! You are quite the scrapbooker — all the pages are so cute, and thanks for sharing your old photos with us! And I’m so impressed that you were making and decorating cakes when you were 16! I guess a lot of people grow up helping their mom out in the kitchen and learning the ropes of cooking and baking, but I didn’t even start until I decided I wanted to begin eating healthier in my last year of high school.

And after I make a stop at your new place with my mint chocolate soup (or ice cream if we’re really lucky), we can go to NYC! That place is magical.

17. Vegan_Noodle says:

Oh my goodness Katie I am in awe of your scrapbooking skills!! I have a backlog of things to scrapbook…this is helping to motivate me! You should totally tag people and require them to do the same thing (of course if they aren’t scrapbookers it may never get done…).

18. poopiebitch says:

Awesome! What an interesting post! I can’t scrapbook to save my life, but yours looks sooooo cute!

19. Emma says:

Wow you are so creative! It must be so lovely being able to have a permanent record of great memories that you can look back on.

I can see why your 16th birthday is a fave memory- lots of friends and chocolate cake to celebrate with- perfect! : )
    x

20. aTxVegn says:

I don’t know how you have enough hours in the day to do all you do! You are so smart to keep a scrapbook.

Hooray for Austin!