Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

My Life in Cupcakes

This semester, as a fun elective, I’m taking an acting class. Here were the directions for our first assignment:

“You may use any medium– song, dance, drawing, etc.– to present to the class a self-portrait. It is your opportunity to share who you are as a person. Be creative.” Pretty open-ended assignment, huh? I love projects where you get to be creative. At first, I thought about making a scrapbook.
I’ve blogged about my passion for scrapbooking, here: My life in scrapbook pages.
But then an even more creative idea came to mind:
 “All About Me” Cupcakes! So here it is– my life in cupcakes:
I was born in England.

I’ve also lived in Philadelphia…

and Texas:

From living all over the world, I developed an interest in learning about other cultures and languages. Fittingly, I’m majoring in Spanish.

I’m also very athletic. In high school, I played both varsity soccer and tennis.
I still play tennis, but just for fun.
And I’m a fervent sports-fan, too… especially when it comes to the Dallas Stars!
I’m an avid scrapbooker and love anything to do with arts-n-crafts.

And, after taking a class in high school, I became hooked on Adobe Photoshop.

Helping others is really important to me; right now I have two charity projects: Project Pillows and AfriCards (more on those in a future post). I also am a volunteer dog-walker two days a week at a local animal shelter.

Oh yeah, and I’m a vegan.

All together now:

1. sweetpotato says:

Oh my gosh!! This is so cute!

It must be fabulous to have lived in all those places! It seems amazing to experience all those different cultures.

2. vegannurse says:

Que bonito cupcakes, Katie!!

That’s so cool that you were a globe trotter and visited so many places.. there is nothing more that I would like than to to be able to travel the world!

Good luck with school and all.. lookin’ forward to the next post!

3. Ricki says:

What a fabulous way to fulfill the requirements of the project–and you forgot, you are also an awesome baker and cupcake-decorator! Love the vegan one (such a cute piggie!). The frosting you use always looks so luscious–have your ever posted the recipe? 😉

4. Ricki says:

Forgot to say–can’t wait to hear what the prof thought of it!

5. Maddy says:

I love this post! That was such a creative idea!

6. Gina says:

what a GREAT post!
    you are so talented and make such beautiful cupcakes!
    was your family military???

7. DJ says:

that is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

8. Erin of Care to Eat says:

This is the best post ever. :)

9. just me says:

those are the most adorable cupcakes i have ever see. if i had known at my bday, i would have ordered those from you for dessert!!!

10. Meg says:

What a brilliant and creative idea! I learned so much about you through cupcakes!

11. Emma says:

They are all soooo cute! You are so amazing at decorating cupackes! I love the way each one says something interesting about you! I love the cute little soldier on your England-themed cupcake!

12. shelby says:

As much as I love your cupcake posts, I’m going to have to ask you to stop because everytime I see one, I want to make cupcakes!!! Which is not necessarily a bad thing but right now I’m about to leave to travel across the country and don’t think I can bake cupcakes in my car =/

They are so gorgeous!

13. AGNESSS =))) says:

HEYY HEY !!!!! =)))

Great to see a post from you again!!

WHat can I say!!??? The CUPCAKES look AWASOME !!!!!! =) And like the others said…YOU"RE TALENTED!!! =DDD VERRRRRRY TALENTED!!!!

I'd love you to SEND ME SOME !!!! HAHAH>…:PPPPP

Well…I'd be SO HAPPY to see a comment from you on my new post… =) Hope for your visit!!!

Enjoy the time!!

14. lighterportions says:

I LOOOOOOVE this post! And I love the idea of doing your life in the form of cupcakes! You are too creative for words. Every single one of those cupcakes is adorable 😀

15. River says:

You have talent to spare! I love all the cupcakes!
    They show where you were born and were you’ve lived, but what they really show is that you’re super sweet! Just like cupcakes! :)
    I bet you were the only one that brought cupcakes to class.

16. Melody Polakow says:

These are great!

17. Green Eyes, Green Heart says:

What a cute post!! Excellent idea!!

Glad you’re taking an acting class! That’s my LIFE as a Theatre major! :)

18. Cakespy says:

Eek! Dare I say you’re living “the sweet life” ? :-)

19. linds says:

What an awesome, creative idea! I love your life in cupcakes :) They all look so beautiful!

20. Cody says:

I love the Texas one for some reason. Send me a Michigan one… heh.

They remind me of merit badges. Screw the ‘Official Vegan Sash’ I mentioned before… all rewards should be edible.

21. mad about udon says:

22. Kiersten says:

This is such a cool idea. You are really creative.

I love the panda cupcake!

23. kindkitchen says:

You are so creative! The frosting on the cupcakes makes me want to lick the screen :]

24. Roxana says:

What a great idea! Your cupcakes are so cute! How great that you’ve lived in so many places.
    I play tennis for fun too :) and when I say fun, I mean chasing after tennis balls and laughing with my friends because we can’t play for beans =P

25. Veg-a-Nut says:

What a beautiful way to display the life and times of a Chocolate covered Vegan! You really are an angel arn’t you?

26. tofufreak says:

i love the creativity! each one is just adorable 😀

i especially like your happy pig :)

27. magpie says:

Those are AWESOME. What a creative idea for your project :)

I am so jealous of your athletic ability. I’m terrible at tennis! I can dance and follow a workout routine just fine, but when it comes to most team sports, I’m hopeless 😉

28. Sanja says:

What a cute idea! The cupcakes are gorgeous. How ere they received?

29. Lauren says:

you are sooo cute its not even funny! haha i love the cupcake idea, how original! and delicious i’m sure! :)
    oh and yeahh philly! haha

30. CeciLiA says:

Holy moly Katie! This is AMAZING!!! I’m speechless … SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I’ll stop being annoying now … but seriously, your cupcakes are SO SO cute!! I don’t think I’ll be able to eat them though … 😀

31. shellyfish says:

This is the cutest post ever Katie! Helps me forgive you for the missing fondant post… I know you’ll post about it when you have the time :)

32. seitanismymotor says:

What an amazing self portrait! A life in cupcakes, that is fantastic!

33. Alice (in Veganland) says:

I would never have enough patience to do something like this. But they look really gorgeous! and you’re so creative!

34. brooke says:

katie your cupcakes are too cute to be eaten!!! (the piggy is my favorite)

i love the creativity though, i hope your teacher gave you an A!

p.s you are so sweet, enjoy the apple crisp :)

35. aTxVegn says:

A perfect project for you! We didn’t even need the subtitles. Perfectly done!

36. Anonymous says:

A cupcake with a laptop on it and a cupcake with some glue on it. Not something you see everyday!

37. Tina says:

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Of course, you can add me! I added you to my blogroll too! :)

38. Animal-Friendly says:

That has got to be the coolest idea for a project ever! And your fondant decorations are so detailed- you’re truley amazing at decorating!

39. vegalicious says:

That’s amazing, Katie! Not only have you lived an interesting life, but you make cupcakes about it! A+!

40. Jenny says:

Love the cupcakes, and your life story with them!

41. VeganView says:

Kt this was such an awesome post to read. I think your did an amazing job of sharing your story through these cute looking cupcakes!

42. GroundedFitness says:

haha you are hilarious.

and very talented. open a bakery and ill financially back you. i have 3 dollars in my wallet- is that enough?

Kelly Turner

43. trustingmyintuition says:

LOVE your post! You’re so creative! My favorite is the one with the pig :) of course! What kind of shortening do you use for your icing??

44. ~randi~ says:

what a fun post! you’re such a talented lil’ baker! Love it. Especially the Japan one. hehe.

45. AGNESSS =)) says:

HEYYYY !!!!

WooooW ….so many comments you have here……..ohh oh…great…

The cupcakes look fantastic… you’re TRULY TALENTED !! =D

I’d love to try one !!! :))

Well,what do you think bout VISITING POLAND SOME DAY…???!! And VISITING ME…??~HAH :)) would be FUN!! =D

Well,if you have some time pls take a look at my new posts ok?? :)) I’ll be happy =))

Have a great start into the week

46. Joanna says:

katie, i absolutely love this post!! you forgot to put on one of the cupcakes that you love to cook!! haha

how come you have lived in so many places? do your parents just like moving a lot?

and i didn’t know you played tennis! i love tennis. i’m miserable at it, but i just play for fun.

47. MizFit says:

SO CUTE.

stunningly amazing.

and where in TX? near where I am now?

48. jessy says:

you are too amazing, CCV! wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

49. HangryPants says:

Wow – each one is beautiful. Can’t wait for the fondant post. Good luck with school.

50. Traci Anne says:

You HAVE to get an A. MUST. Otherwise, the faculty at Your-School-Which-I-Love-And-Almost-Attended-And-Am-Applying-To-For-Grad-School are insane.

BTW, did you go to high school in Dallas?

51. Bex says:

ok so this is super cute

but I am still waiting for the fondant post :)

52. Nikki Douglas says:

My Life in Cupcakes could be the title of your first cookbook! So adorable. I love it.

53. Catherine says:

That is fantastic!!! What a creative take on that assignment! Love the piggy and panda… :)

54. glidingcalm says:

This is amazing, CCV, amazing. I think it could go down in history, and will, as one of the most memorable cupcake posts ANY food blogger has ever done. And as you know, CUPCAKE blogging posts are A-MANY…such a popular topic. SO YOU GO GIRL!

P.S. I have a friend that used to (maybe she still does?) skate on the Dallas Stars ice cheerleading team!

55. jelymo says:

that’s a really adorable way to tell your life story. you could use that to write a children’s book!

56. Aimee says:

If I were your prof for this class, this assignment would have made for an A++++! How creative. I bet in the history of the course, no one did something as creative.

I love each and every one of your cupcakes.

You should do a post on your charity work. I would love to hear more about it!

57. Bianca says:

Katie! You’ve totally outdone yourself here! Seriously. You are like the most creative person I’ve ever known…I love the Japanese cupcake the best! But the panda’s a close second!

58. Melissa says:

Wow. What a fun and creative idea!
    I just learned from your cupcakes what a very special person you are! :)

59. sweeteats says:

katie, i can’t get over your cupcakes; you’re so talented, missy!

60. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Oh my gosh, Katie, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life!!! You are so creative. And of course I have to comment about how much I love this part of your post: “Oh yeah, and I’m a vegan.” Yay! Hopefully there are enough cupcakes to go around your acting class…

And did I mention I used to be an acting major? And that I love Adobe Photoshop too? (It’s not on my comp anymore, sadly…and I am def not paying $400 or whatever for it!)

61. Vegan_Noodle says:

Wow Katie… this post has me mezmerized!! I want to be back in school so I can make my life in cupcakes now.
    I have to admit to feeling all good inside about the Texas cupcake (and I’ll forgive you for the Stars one). And the angel is such a fitting cupcake to describe you :-)

62. eatingbender says:

This post ROCKS!!! I can’t believe you were able to express so much of your life through cupcakes. That’s incredible – and shows just how TALENTED you are. You have so much going for you in life and on top of that, you can decorate a cupcake unlike anyone I’ve ever seen :o)

63. chandra says:

I LOVE the life in cupcakes!! You are SO freaking talented. :)

I totally know what you mean about being super busy and not being able to keep up with blogging… I have over 200 posts in my google reader! :(

64. Virginia says:

oh my geez! cutest thing EvEr!!!

65. Vaala says:

These are beautiful. That is such an inventive way of approaching the project and a great insight (plus the bonus of delicious cupcakes!).

66. Melisser; the Urban Housewife says:

Oh my! They are soooo adorable!

67. Butterfly Garden Freak says:

I have not had much time lately to read other people’s blogs… but low and behold, as soon as i get some time to check out yours, i am SMILING and HAPPY… i love your creative desserts… you are so wonderful at decorating them… they all look YUMMY… great job! By the way, how did you get tho ANIMAL rescue site WIDGET for your blog? I want to put one on mine! Thanks and keep up the great work…

68. ViCtoria* says:

Those cupcakes look so so yummy! I wish I could cook like that and that my oven worked! Haha and you’re majoring in Spanish? That is awesome, I wish you the best of luck (: I live in Peru and evidently speak fluent Spanish, so if you ever need help with something just let me know!

69. sassy stephanie says:

Mmmm. Cupcakes. One of my very favorite things. These are so cute.

I love how you mention Texas along with countries. Yee haw! Succeed!!

70. happyveganlady says:

Hooray for England! :)

71. Annabel says:

oh my gosh this is TOO ADORABLE!

72. Michal says:

This post is too cute! I love all of your cupcakes :)

73. greenberrygreen says:

i must admit..i like your blog soooo much!! since i discovered it today im like stalker 😀 but i must say..this is the most wonderful idea i have ever seen ^_^

74. jessica says:

Wow, you are very talented! What a creative idea. You’ve lived in so many cool places! I also volunteer as a dog walker at a local shelter, it is a lot of fun!

75. emi s. says:

wow, i’ve never seen this post before, it’s AMAZING! so lovely :)

76. ellalinea says:

Those are the cutest cupcakes ever!

77. I love the tennis cupcakes (and all of them for that matter) – wow those must have taken such a long time considering all the attention to detail :) LOVE THEM!

78. Charlotte says:

I was just making one of your strawberry shortcakes cupcakes and I clicked on the link to this page…I had no idea you were a Dallas Stars fan!! That makes me so happy :) sometimes I feel like the only Stars fan in Texas because hockey is so overlooked here :/ so glad to see you appreciate the sport!

79. I know this is an old post, but I was looking for something ‘strawberry’ and linked on over to this. It is a wonderful thing to get to experience other cultures the way you have. I was born in Germany (my mother is German, father is American and was in the Army) and lived there a few different times. I grew up in the US essentially, but we’ve traveled to so many different places all over Europe, and I was raised speaking German and keeping the German culture in tact, as much as my father would allow, within our house. I would have loved to experience something as far east as Chine or Japan…one day. :-) You’ve got a blessed life. 😉

80. Princess Peach says:

OMG!!! Those r ADORABLE! Did u actually eat them?

81. Celine says:

what are the decorations made of? I red that sugar icing doesn’t go well with “butter” cream..