My Life in Cupcakes

This semester, as a fun elective, I’m taking an acting class. Here were the directions for our first assignment:

“You may use any medium– song, dance, drawing, etc.– to present to the class a self-portrait. It is your opportunity to share who you are as a person. Be creative.” Pretty open-ended assignment, huh? I love projects where you get to be creative. At first, I thought about making a scrapbook.
I’ve blogged about my passion for scrapbooking, here: My life in scrapbook pages.
But then an even more creative idea came to mind:
 “All About Me” Cupcakes! So here it is– my life in cupcakes:
I was born in England.

I’ve also lived in Philadelphia…

Japan…

China…

and Texas:

From living all over the world, I developed an interest in learning about other cultures and languages. Fittingly, I’m majoring in Spanish.

I’m also very athletic. In high school, I played both varsity soccer and tennis.
I still play tennis, but just for fun.
And I’m a fervent sports-fan, too… especially when it comes to the Dallas Stars!
I’m an avid scrapbooker and love anything to do with arts-n-crafts.

And, after taking a class in high school, I became hooked on Adobe Photoshop.

Helping others is really important to me; right now I have two charity projects: Project Pillows and AfriCards (more on those in a future post). I also am a volunteer dog-walker two days a week at a local animal shelter.

Oh yeah, and I’m a vegan.

All together now:

Tags:

1. sweetpotato says:

Oh my gosh!! This is so cute!

It must be fabulous to have lived in all those places! It seems amazing to experience all those different cultures.

2. vegannurse says:

Que bonito cupcakes, Katie!!

That’s so cool that you were a globe trotter and visited so many places.. there is nothing more that I would like than to to be able to travel the world!

Good luck with school and all.. lookin’ forward to the next post!

3. Ricki says:

What a fabulous way to fulfill the requirements of the project–and you forgot, you are also an awesome baker and cupcake-decorator! Love the vegan one (such a cute piggie!). The frosting you use always looks so luscious–have your ever posted the recipe? 😉

4. Ricki says:

Forgot to say–can’t wait to hear what the prof thought of it!

5. Maddy says:

I love this post! That was such a creative idea!

6. Gina says:

what a GREAT post!
    you are so talented and make such beautiful cupcakes!
    was your family military???

7. DJ says:

that is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

8. Erin of Care to Eat says:

This is the best post ever. :)

9. just me says:

those are the most adorable cupcakes i have ever see. if i had known at my bday, i would have ordered those from you for dessert!!!

10. Meg says:

What a brilliant and creative idea! I learned so much about you through cupcakes!

11. Emma says:

They are all soooo cute! You are so amazing at decorating cupackes! I love the way each one says something interesting about you! I love the cute little soldier on your England-themed cupcake!

12. shelby says:

As much as I love your cupcake posts, I’m going to have to ask you to stop because everytime I see one, I want to make cupcakes!!! Which is not necessarily a bad thing but right now I’m about to leave to travel across the country and don’t think I can bake cupcakes in my car =/

They are so gorgeous!

13. AGNESSS =))) says:

HEYY HEY !!!!! =)))

Great to see a post from you again!!

WHat can I say!!??? The CUPCAKES look AWASOME !!!!!! =) And like the others said…YOU"RE TALENTED!!! =DDD VERRRRRRY TALENTED!!!!

I'd love you to SEND ME SOME !!!! HAHAH>…:PPPPP

Well…I'd be SO HAPPY to see a comment from you on my new post… =) Hope for your visit!!!

Enjoy the time!!

14. lighterportions says:

I LOOOOOOVE this post! And I love the idea of doing your life in the form of cupcakes! You are too creative for words. Every single one of those cupcakes is adorable 😀

15. River says:

You have talent to spare! I love all the cupcakes!
    They show where you were born and were you’ve lived, but what they really show is that you’re super sweet! Just like cupcakes! :)
    I bet you were the only one that brought cupcakes to class.

16. Melody Polakow says:

These are great!

17. Green Eyes, Green Heart says:

What a cute post!! Excellent idea!!

Glad you’re taking an acting class! That’s my LIFE as a Theatre major! :)

18. Cakespy says:

Eek! Dare I say you’re living “the sweet life” ? :-)

19. linds says:

What an awesome, creative idea! I love your life in cupcakes :) They all look so beautiful!

20. Cody says:

I love the Texas one for some reason. Send me a Michigan one… heh.

They remind me of merit badges. Screw the ‘Official Vegan Sash’ I mentioned before… all rewards should be edible.