One of my favorite things to eat 🙂
Fall’s Favorite Curry
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Imagine No-Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp good curry powder (make sure to use one you know that you like; once I bought a different brand, because they were out of my favorite, and it was horrible! I really like Kroger brand or SmartSpice)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potato or butternut squash, mashed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-4 bell peppers, diced
- 1 bag broccoli florets (about 340-425 grams)
- 1 bag green beans, about 8 oz
- optional beans, for protein
Combine milk, tomato paste, curry powder, garlic, and salt in a small saucepan until well-mixed. (If you like a really saucy curry, you can double the sauce.) Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and the green beans until tender.
In a different pan from the one with the sauce, sauté the bell pepper and onion in oil or oil spray. Now add the sauce, broccoli, and green beans. Stir in the squash or sweet potato. Feel free to add beans for a protein boost. Finally, add 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup Imagine No-Chicken stock and mix it all up. It’s especially good cold… but my predilection for a cool curry might change once the winter weather hits.
What can you do when you’re sick of curry but still have some left? Throw it in the Vita-mix!I added spinach and more broth to make a Sweet Curry Soup.
Random Thought for the day:
Before I end this post, I want to leave you with a Barack Obama quote I heard on CNN last night: “Our preference is to get a shelter dog because obviously, a lot of the shelter dogs are mutts like me.”
I hugged the tv screen. No, seriously, I did. How great would it be for raising dog-adoption awareness if the president of the United States rescued a dog?! Here’s hoping…