If you are what you eat, then I’m a Butternut Squash

Ummm how creepy does this look? If I eat any more butternut squash, the above might become a reality. Guess I’d better embrace the look, since I’m not planning on cutting back any time soon…

Google “how to roast a squash” and you’ll probably get hundreds of different answers. Below, the Katie Method:

How Katie Roasts a Squash
(Sounds like a childrens’ book title?)

• Cut the squash lengthwise, down the middle.
  • Put both sides, face-up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with whatever you want: cinnamon, sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, etc. I leave it plain or use a healthy dose of cinnamon.
  • Roast the squash for about an hour and a 1/2 (depending on the size; if it’s a small squash, it will only take about an hour) at 410-420 degrees F.
  • Scrape the seeds out and enjoy!

It makes the house smell like Christmas!There are so many things I can do with you, dear squash!

fall vegan curry

Spinach, vegan-buttered toast, and Fall’s Favorite Curry :).

Now if ya don’t mind, I need to end this post so I can go focus on boosting my poor body image. Lately, I’ve been feeling very round…
and orange.
Tags:

1. Erin of Care to Eat says:

THAT PICTURE GAVE ME THE HICCUPS! Cuz I was laughing so hard, you know.

2. Meg says:

Yeah for butternut squash! It all looks yummy! I would turn into a giant sweet potato. I have been eating so many lately!

We definitely have to get together! Do you want to do it before or after the Holidays?

3. ConsiderEatz! says:

You are too freakin cute! I love all your butternut creations, as usual! I love love my magic bullet as well, I just used it for my lunch :)
    -C

4. Halie says:

Love the new look! A lovable little squash!

I’ve been loving butternut squash like Gina from Fitnessista, butternut squash fries! Just baked and eaten with ketchup! I love it!

I love the way Fall’s Favorite Curry looks! In the first photo of it, you’ve plated it in such pretty way! It looks like it’s donning in a lovely dress of leaves, or with a different perspective, it looks like it’s wearing a crown of leaves! I love it!

5. shelby says:

So many delicious foods! I love your method of roasting the squash!

Creepy picture, I’m going to look the same way but a pumpkin!

6. magpie says:

My most favorite veggie EVER :) I think there have been times that I was dangerously close to becoming round and orange too.

7. Lisa says:

Yummm, butternut!

I’m taking butternut squash soup to a potluck this week. And I’m going to get whined at because it isn’t my baked beans. MWAHAHAha!

8. Jen says:

i have more veggies that i like to eat rather than not eat. if i had to pick a fave it would be an eggplant. love it.

9. Ruby Red Vegan says:

You crazy girl! You are quite becoming as a butternut squash. I just got photoshop again and I think I might need to make one of me so we can be twins…I can’t get enough of this lovely b-nut squash either! I have some roastin’ in the oven with some root vegetable friends as we speak.

10. shellyfish says:

I would be looking like pb&j on a baguette right about now (that was my last-minute dinner!)

11. vegcutie says:

this post was AMAZING because i love butternut squash! it makes me want to roast up a batch right now.
    and your picture of the half squash/half you is hilarious

12. Vegetation says:

Better a pumpkin body than a pumpkin head right? 😛 (your pumpkinated body does need some arms and legs though :P)

Mmmm I love butternut pumpkin. In muffins, grated and baked with smoked paprika, roasted, boiled, cubed, mashed……maybe we’ll both start looking like pumpkins soon 😛

All of your creations with it look great!

13. Lauren says:

LOL! Love the pic! Mmm.. butternut squash is so delicious! :)

14. imadedinner says:

WOW thats a lot of squash!

15. Sarah says:

Oooh, how do you do your baked tofu?? I’m guilty of eating raw noodles too 😉

16. Becca says:

That picture is HILARIOUS!

17. Eileen says:

If you need a different type of recipe for the b-nut squash – try the Roasted Butternut Squash Springrolls from V-con! They are delicious! Question: How do you eat black bean dip with chop sticks?

18. vegannurse says:

Mmm.. butternut squash.

My, Katie, you look good enough to eat, lol.. haha, seriously, though, that pic is hilarious.

I can always count on you to put a smile on my face or give me some serious food cravings, lol.

Btw, I would LOVE to win a Vita Mix blender.. oh, gosh, how awesome would that be? I would get to make all the awesome recipes you have that use a Vita Mix. Sadly, though, I’ve never won a thing in my life, BUT I always try to stay optimistic! :-)

Have a great day lovely Katie… and good luck with anything you’ve got goin’ on!

19. jodye says:

Mmmm this just gave me the biggest craving for some butternut squash. I wonder why?

20. River says:

Who knew a Butternut Squash could be so cute?
    Never has roasted Butternut Squash been displayed in such delicious ways! And it even makes the house smell like Christmas! Take that Glade!