Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Everybody Loves Grains

(Everybody should, anyway.)

Something (er, someone) else everybody should love? Heather! “Excited” doesn’t even begin to describe how I felt when the mailman brought me the following package from Heather:

Old favorites (Chocolate love-in-a-jar spread, Jocalat bar), as well as some new fun finds. I was especially intrigued by the truffles… and boy, those babies didn’t disappoint!

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day

Other news: I’ve added yet another grain to my rotation.  Can you guess this one?

1. Laura says:

I too am a carb queen… i loveee fresh baked bread when its hot and swear i could eat the whole loaf myself… when i worked at delias a few years back they had a shirt that said “I love carbs” wish i got it lol… anyway that chocolateyness looks great! Enjoy your day girlie!

2. ohkansascity says:

I have a confession to make: I don’t like grains. Well, once in a while. But mostly I avoid them. And it’s more than just a gluten-free thing too… buckwheat, quiona, millet, and even brown rice. I want to like them, I just don’t. Maybe I’ll have to try whipping up some of your excellent oatmeal recipes with my quinoa flakes.

ps. I tagged you in a post in my blog. =)

3. brandi says:

what a fun package! and yes, truffles are the best way to end a meal 🙂

4. Krista says:

If I listed all my favourite grains we’d be here forever so I’ll tell you my least fave…rice. Now, I do like it, just not near as much!!!

Great package, by the way!!! 🙂

5. Christina says:

I have a World of Grains tshirt that says Graniac – you totally need one! My top grains are Oats and Bulgur with Quinoa and Barley tied for 3rd!

6. Katie says:

Mmmm Pumpkin stir fry!? Sounds delicious!

7. Jessica says:

Mmmm, I’m a carb girl too! My favorite is probably oatbran. I love eating it for breakfast every day and I never get tired of it!

I’m totally jealous of the truffles 🙂

8. Of course, I love grains too! And chocolate, and truffles, and English muffins (love them savoury with houmus, or sweet with chocolate spread) and, and, just food in general I guess! I have yet to try kamut though but really want to, you make it sound delicious! So what’s the new grain? 🙂

Awesome parcel of goodies too!

9. runsarah says:

I love carbs and grains too-couldn’t
    live without em for even day,let alone a whole diet.

10. coco says:

I love all kinds of grains too, top in the list? oatmeal and oatbran! (hard to pick up only one)

11. Coconutgal says:

Carbs are amazing. My friends on low-carb diets crack me up, they are so cranky all the time and never believe me that eating carbs doesn’t make you fat, it’s the kind you eat. Silly girls.
    I am so GLAD you don’t write posts and run. I was seriously worried. I thought that you must have some hand-held device that you like clicked away and typed on while running, while dodging hills, bushes, streets, cars, and somehow knew your running trail so well you were able to do this. Phew, I was worried!
    My guess is buckwheat?

12. Sarah says:

I’m laughing as I’m picturing you telling people that you can’t have any carbs because you are on Atkins.

I love Heather (and chocolate, obviously).

13. That would probably be oats and barley, but I like them all 🙂

14. Marianne says:

I’m going to guess quinoa 😀

And I don’t know that I have a favourite grain. I probably consume oats the most, but they all have their place. Barley is pretty awesome, especially in soups. Mmmm.

15. Shelby says:

What a delicious package from Heather! She is such a sweetheart =)

My favorite grain would have to be oats or barley…so far!

16. raspberryrunner says:

i have no idea what your mystery grain could be! i can’t wait to find out 😉

my favorite grains: fresh whole wheat bread (can’t beat that!!), oatmeal, and quinoa (not actually a grain, but i love it!).

17. Emily says:

Im a Carb QUEEN too! lol I wouldnt last one minute on Atkinis.

Heather is amazing!!

18. Ricki says:

Yes, grains are deeelish! But I’m afraid Heather is still a mystery to me–the link didn’t work!

19. Are those quinoa flakes? Quinoa is my all time favorite grain, although technically I don’t think it is actually a grain? hmm… oh well, it is sure delicious..

20. Sarah says:

I’m going to take a wild stab and say that it’s buckwheat kasha?? If it is, YUM! It’s a favourite carb of mine :). Yay for giftiness too!!