Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Spiral, Spiral, on the Wall…

I could be a Raw Foodist after all.

Except then I’d have to give up my blended grains, and you know that’s not happening! But I do love my new spiralizer:

spiralized zucchini

Spiralized zucchini noodles with mushroom gravy (Imagine Portobello mushroom soup) and spices, a coconut Larabar, My Cousin Vinegar Asparagus, and toast with homemade Smashberry Jam

1. Brandi says:

okay, you had me at mushroom gravy and that coconut LARAbar :) i JUST found that one and tried it. love it.

2. Kristie says:

Spiralized zucchini is SO DARN PRETTY!

3. Christina says:

Omg I want a spiralizer so bad. Zucchini noodles look so amazingly good. And I even have an open thing of Imagine portobello broth to use as gravy! I guess I’ll have to use it on some normal boring pasta noodles…

4. Angelina says:

Hi!
    I just discovered your blog a couple weeks ago. I’ve gotten a lot of great new recipes and tips to gain/maintain weight while following a vegan diet. I’m trying to move away from animal products and into a plant-based diet. I’m naturally very thin and lead an active lifestyle so getting enough nutrients is important to me. Your spiralizer meal looks yummy. I look forward to many more recipes and meal posts.

1. Hey Angelina! Thanks so much for the sweet comment :)

5. ttfn300 says:

ooh, portabello mushroom sauce, heck yea!!

6. Jessica says:

That looks tasty! Spiralizers are so cool :)

7. Lainie says:

Your posts are seriously making me want to go buy a spiralizer!!!!

8. Maria says:

Spiralized zucchini looks so pretty! It must taste pretty darn yummy too if you think you could be a raw foodist 😉

9. JB says:

that looks like quite a delicious spread! and katie, i just want to tell you that i had an awful day yesterday. (more details are in today’s post.) but anyway, last night i went to your FAQ page and found where you talked about forcing yourself to eat food in order to gain weight. after reading what you wrote, it made me feel a lot better. these past few days i’ve been trying to eat more calories in order to gain a few, but it’s just not worth it. i can’t force myself. it was nice to read your words and know that you went through this too. granted, i haven’t been eating a bunch of slices of cake for one snack, but i DID eat more than what makes me comfortable…and that’s not a good thing. so i just thought i’d let you know that you made me feel less alone. :)
    love you, chiquita! and i’m loving spiralizer week so far!

10. She-Fit says:

YAY for the crazy waves… I am waving back just as crazy :)
    Love the meal… this looks great!

11. Erika says:

Those “noodles” look SO DARN GOOD! I swear I’m 2 steps away from ordering one on ebay…

12. buffmuffy says:

Lol you are so cute. *wave* though I’m not new but *wave* anyway LOL!
    I still want to try spiralized things … jealous!
    -muffy

13. tabitha says:

ok…i never had any thoughts of needing a spiralizer until your posts.
    yum! makes everything look better
    it took some serious justification to invest in a blendtec….i don’t think my husband would go for a hand blender and spiralizer right now….two things you have me wanting or needing or whichever it is…that line blurs so easy :)
    oh, the chopsticks too…i think i should try eating with those…but i have no clue how–do they have a “how to” for chopsticks on youtube
    i might starve to death otherwise

big waves back
    you are so cute, lol

14. I dream of someday owning a spiralizer. I think it would make me so much more excited about raw pasta. My only option now are “fettucine” sized noodles made with my old veggie peeler.

15. Justine says:

Always yummy Katie!!

~Justine

16. psychoj1 says:

I am so jealous of your spirailzer! Zucchini pasta sounds wonderful!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

17. Shelby says:

I seriously hope I win…I’ve been making the big fetucchini noodles with my veggie peeler and it just ain’t cutting it!

18. Devan says:

oooh yummy! portabello mushroom soup!! gah<3 sounds amazeee balls

19. sheree says:

Drooling and green with envy!! I have one of those babies on my kitchen gadget dream list. Oh my! I will just sit and pretend I can taste your delicious noodle bowl! YUM

20. Marianne says:

You and your crazy spiralizing 😉 I did like the looks of an alfredo zucchini pasta though.

21. broccolihut says:

Seriously, your meals are so perfect. You combine all my faves in every one. Coconut Lara and zucchini sounds like a perfect tummy-filler:)

22. Luna says:

Katie the zucchini looks yummy :) !! I made “puttanesca sauce” zucchini noodles once, but I did not have a spiralizer so they were not so perfect 😉

23. My spiral slicer changed my raw food world.