Or Tiramisu Larabars… Larabar Company, can I have a job yet? Pretty please, with cacao nibs on top?
Presenting the newest member of the Fudge Baby clan:
Completely raw. Completely vegan. Completely incredible.
(Makes about 3 Larabar-sized bars)
- 90 grams dates, which is about 1/2 c (as usual, see this post if you’re unsure as to what type of dates to use)
- 30 grams cashews
- 20 grams macadamia butter (a bit more than a tablespoon) (If you don’t have macadamia butter: you can probably use the real nuts. Or see version 2.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder, or a bit less (depending on how much of a coffee flavor you want)
- 2-3 tiny drops almond extract (watch out; this stuff is strong!)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, or a bit more (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
Blend all the ingredients in your food processor (I use the Magic Bullet short cup). Form into bars, balls, or cookie-cuttered shapes. (If the dough is too soft, fridge or freeze before shaping.) EDIT: Some of the specific ingredients I used are not 100% raw. Feel free to sub your favorite raw cacoa powder and coffee substitute for a 100%-raw treat.
Use the recipe for Hot Chocolate fudge babies, cutting the amount of cocoa in half. Then add the extracts and coffee powder from the above recipe.
These taste AMAZING straight out of the freezer.
1. Add a splash of rum
2. Add melted chocolate
3. Form into bars and spread Raw Cheesecake on the tops
Or… use this as the crust, fill with the raw cheesecake mousse , and you have a super-simple raw & vegan Tiramisu Pie!