Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Help for Haiti

I’m really short on time, but I wanted to quickly pass along a way to help raise money for those in Haiti:

Donate to the Red Cross or text the number 90999, which charges $10 and goes toward the Red Cross as well.

Sorry this post isn’t aesthetically-pleasing; I don’t have time for fun, fancy photos to enhance it.  But ya know what?  The subject matter isn’t exactly something to snazz up with happy pictures.  Just what they didn’t need in a place that’s already suffered so much…  Sometimes life really isn’t fair. I’ll have a happier post tomorrow.  In the meantime, please keep praying for/thinking about those in Haiti.

1. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

<3 the situation in haiti is so tragic, any little bit we can do over here to help is valuable. thanks for posting this!

2. lexi. says:

Thanks for these ideas: I’ve really been wanting to help out.

3. Katie says:

Keep praying is right girl, it is so sad that this had to happen, thanks for this post and showing ways people can help and support, love ya girl xoxo

4. eaternotarunner says:

Great ideas. We are doing that in my office today, it is really a great way to raise money.

5. MarathonVal says:

Thanks for helping me get the word out Katie! :)

6. Thanks for these ideas, Katie! The cell phone donation thing is great, but it may take little longer for the money to get to Haiti that way. (NPR told me yesterday that the cell phone companies may wait for you to pay your bill before they release the donation) So if you want your money to get to people in need fast, direct donations to the Red Cross and other organization will do the trick. Sites like http://www.charitynavigator.org let you see what percentage of your donation makes it to people in need as well, depending on who you donate to.

7. Kayla says:

We suggested this at my school, where we have a strict uniform, but of course, they say no because the last few fridays have been ‘messed up’ due to snow days. Pathetic. However, we’re still doing a fundraiser for Haiti, it’ll probably be a cake sale or something.