Pancake Roll Ups

For most people, mornings are so rushed that they’re lucky if they can find time to gulp down a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake. But every now and then, life surprises you with the gift of leisure. The following is a recipe for one of those rare mornings:

Waffles are so last year.

French Toast?  Who’s that? It’s time to make room for the new kid in breakfast:

Pancake Roll Ups!

c2

Above, Carrot Cake Pancake Roll Ups, filled with raisins and Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting, covered with carrots and more raisins and frosting.

Step One: Cook up your pancakes, a bit thinner than usual. In the photos, I used 24-Carrot Cake Pancakes.

c1

Step Two: Top each pancake with lots of yum-licious ingredients

c3

Step Three: Roll up the pancakes. Side note: I *heart* the cute strawberry plate from Pier One.

c4

Step Four: Put more deliciousness on top!

c5

Step Five: Devour your Pancake Roll Ups before other members in your house see them and beat you to it!

1. Anonymous says:

I just wanted to let you know that after reading about the rude anonymous commenters you had to deal with, I went and updated my blogroll just to add your name to it. I would’ve eventually added you anyway, because I love your blog. But I never get around to updating that thing, and I usually wait until I have a lot of blogs to add to it.

But to show those jerks that they shouldn’t treat someone so sweet that way, I made a special update! So there to them!

I’d add you to my google reader too, if I used it.
    Stay strong, because most of us (the ones that matter) love you!

2. Jessica says:

I’d add you to my google reader too, if I used it.
    Stay strong, because most of us (the ones that matter) love you!

3. Ok, this IS the most amazing breakfast!! I am totally thinking of stuffing them with yogurt, coconut butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter…fruit…the list goes on and on…and on…

4. Jessica says:

Hmmm…my dream combo would be pancakes filled with macadamia nut creme and fresh blueberries. I’m trying to break out of my usual mold! 🙂

5. Kristie says:

Oh my gosh these look so good!
    What about rolling up banana and peanut butter?
    ?
    There are so many combinations I could try. This really could replace waffles and pancakes as my new favorite breakfast! What I hate about pancakes is that it’s hard to eat with a fork without the toppings falling off. I love this idea!

6. candice says:

Hahaha… so it’s cheesecake mousse? I should’ve known… coconut butter is translucent. 😛

So this is like, a mix between a crepe cake and pancake, rolled up crepe-style? 😀 Awesome! My perfect pancake roll-ups would contain nut butter, mashed, caramelized banana, and toasted black sesame seeds. ;]

7. lisa says:

Since I love putting peanut butter on pancakes, I’d put that in my roll up, but I might add something like dried cherries too. These look delicious!

8. eaternotarunner says:

I’m so predictable, but definitely banana, peanut butter and chocolate. My three favorite things!

9. Sarah says:

Elvis style!

10. Megan says:

Oh I can’t wait to try this! I want to do a CINNAMON ROLL roll-up! Thanks so much for this amazing idea, and all your amazing ideas in general!

11. *Andrea* says:

those look so delicious!!!! i am such a sweets vs savory person so i would love to put dark chocolate dreams or the maranatha dark chocolate almond spread inside! maybe wiht coconut too! yummmyy

12. Kara says:

Katie, I’m thining these would be so yummy as a savory version with hummus inside! Hve you done a savory version yet? Or maybe some salsa? Oh gosh there are so many choices! I’m going to have to make some!

13. Erin says:

Yummm! I’d probably put in peanut butter and chocolate chips so it’s like a dessert or crepe roll-up. Mmm…

14. Such a cute idea! You know how much I love snacky finger foods and this looks like a way to let breakfast get in on that action. Genius!

My ideal fillings would be lots of vegan butter, maybe some molasses, and chocolate chips! Mmmm!

ps. I have a giveaway running that is just made for you, Katie!

15. mrssturgis says:

Wow, those look fabulous! And the plate is too adorable 🙂

16. Leah says:

mmm those look delectible! I made something similar this morning only chocolate protein crepes w/chocolate almond milk pudding filling! a bit toooo chocolate-y (who thought that was possible?) buttt they were still pretty good! I’m going to try these next! Keep on bringing sunshine to the blog world!

17. erintakescontrol says:

Your cream cheese mousse, nutbutter, and carob chips, for sure!

18. Kate says:

mmm, cream cheese and chocolate chips, or maybe strawberries or cherries. Depends on the time of year.

Did you know that today (February 8) is Oatmeal Monday?

19. The Brunette says:

Yum! I always think your toppigs look so creative and delicious, but pancakes taste SO good with nothing but a little bit of sugar (or stevia, perhaps?) drizzled on top! My mom used to make them for us all the time. I’ll have to try them with your whipped cream, though! And maybe some mango or pineapple (my favorite tropical fruits!). Either way… Yum!

20. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

yes! when i had pancake sunday yesterday i nixed the fork and knife and folded the pancakes up like a hard taco shell. this is an even better idea!