Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pancakes for a Princess… and Mr. Messy

The other day, I was privileged to receive one of the cutest emails ever!

It just made me smile so much that I had to share some of it with all of you (after asking permission, of course).

Without further ado, I give you the sweet reader, Kerrie:

I tried your Brownie Batter Pancakes today… They are amazing!

bb

We added chocolate chips—a pancake staple in this house—along with Fairy Dust sprinkles from Australia.  When my 3-year-old son ran downstairs after his sister said I was making pancakes, he said:

bb1

“Mommy, I just love pancakes. You make good pancakes.”  I couldn’t take the Brownie Batter Pancakes off the griddle fast enough!

He ate the whole batch himself. His sister got ONE. LOL

They are even fit for a princess!

bb2

See, cutest email ever, right?  Thank you so much, Kerrie, for brightening my day :).

Keeping up with the cuteness factor:

Yesterday afternoon, Henry and I went out for a short run to break in my new special running shoes.

znyc 585

Afterwards, he was one pooped puppy! :)

I haven’t ventured out yet for a morning run in the new shoes; right now I’m sticking with my old shoes for my long morning runs.  I figure I should get used to the shoes slowly.  Besides, it gives me an excuse to go out in the afternoons with the H-man

As if I needed an excuse to spend time with him!

1. Evan Thomas says:

That email is definitely adorable

2. Brownie Batter Pancakes…one of my favs!!! Too cute Kerrie. :)

3. omg that IS the cutest email ever! i’ve got some pancake roll ups cooking away as i type this…should probably go make sure they’re not burning. be on the lookout for my entry 😉

4. Seriously cute email! You deserve it because your posts always bring such a big smile to my face. And I bet a plate of those pancakes would do the same thing, they look DELICIOUS!

Awww puppers! I wish they could meet all of my dingos and they could romp together!

5. Katie says:

Hey Katie! Did you happen to get my pancake picture and email? I hope it works for the drawing! :)

6. Stefanie says:

That is adorable. :-)

7. Adam says:

Haha, can Henry keep up with you? He looks like he is a bit tired lol… How are the new shoes treating you?

8. Run Sarah says:

Cutest email ever, thats adorable! My pup has only gone out for a short jog with me, his stubby legs tire so easily.

9. Kara says:

Katie, how are the shoes working? Did you go a whole size up from normal or just a half?

10. MaryMoo says:

Hey girl! Awesome pancakes! Come cook some for me next time though :)

11. Aimee says:

gotta love the Cars plate!

12. eaternotarunner says:

That is too cute :-)

13. Sarahishealthy says:

Aww I love the pink sprinkles. I think my kids would eat them up too!

14. Bekka says:

Yes I’d be interested to know about the shoes too.

15. Liz says:

Cute puppies and kids AND pancakes!

16. Kere says:

Thanks you everyone!
    “Oh, you saw that did ya” (in my best Sally voice regarding the Cars plate 😉 )

Katie, you have one tired looking pup! Thanks for wanting to share. :hugs:

Kerrie

17. Grandma Jo says:

Don’t normally comment, but just wanted to say I’ve made your brownie batter pancakes too and they are indeed amazing.

18. Serena says:

Aw such a cute email 😉 Those pancakes look delicious 😀

19. Lauren says:

Love this post! Love it love it love it.
    P.S. Katie did you get my email?

20. Awww!
    Such cute pics, Katie!
    Those brownie batter pancakes looked amazing 😀
    Have a great week, girl!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,
    Gabriela
    P.S.: Any ideas for PB Day tomorrow? xoxo

21. Anonymous says:

In love with your puppies. Sometimes I wish I had a “Henry” to run with, ’cause you know I can’t take a 15 pound Shih Tsu very far…

22. Jessie says:

Aww, what an adorable email! Love the kiddie pictures, too – they look like they’re loving your pancakes. And gosh, they look pretty darn good to me, too!

23. Anonymous,
    LOL oh I feel your pain: my other dog, Molly, wouldn’t last a minute! I don’t take Henry too far, but he loves getting a little exercise. He could probably run faster than me :)

24. CaSaundra says:

Even though I am not a pancake fan, these look extremely convincing!!

25. Hi Katie,

I am new to your blog! It is so impressive that you have been blogging since 2007, that is some dedication!

You were not kidding with the title, you are serious about your chocolate! haha I am with you, I am Swiss and am VERY serious about chocolate too. :)

You are stunning by the way! I am sure you hear that all the time. More importantly you seem to be beautiful on the inside too.

Love the pictures of the kids eating!

– Christina