Build Your Own Pizzert

Wait, what the heck is a pizzert???

Pizzert/ noun.
Dessert pizza. A pizza topped with anything sweet. Bonus points for chocolate.

(Yes, I very much did just make up that definition ;).  But it should be a real word!)

You can use whatever you want for the crust—traditional pizza dough, pita bread, tortilla… Especially for breakfast pizzerts, I really like to use pancake mix! Such as in the below Breakfast Pizzert:

pizzert

Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Pizzert

You can easily use your own recipe for the pancake crust (or, as I mentioned above, you can use basically any crust), but here is an easy recipe with a hint of sweetness, so it works especially well for breakfast pizzerts: Click for Recipe and Step-by-Step Photos

breakfast pizzert

dessert pizza

blueberry pizzert

Oh my word, this was so good! A blueberry muffin in pizza form: “The Breakfast Pizzert” Recipe

Other flavored pizzert action shots:

spp

The yum-licious Strawberry Shortcake Pizzert
With homemade vegan whipped cream… Definitely not your typical breakfast! And, of course:

ccp

The Carrot Cake Pizzert, iced liberally with coconut butter
nom nom nom…

Tags: ,

1. Mmmm….yummy idea! I have some cocao coconut butter that’s being neglected at the moment, so maybe I could use that for a pizzert!! 🙂

2. vegangal says:

looks so good! just like all your other ideas. i love pizza and i love dessert so this looks perfect especially with some chocolate, you think? maybe chocolate peanut butter? oh my yummy!

3. Um yeah… the blueberry muffin pizzert…YUM!!
    I made your 24-carrot cake muffins last night and they were amazingly delicious!

4. Sarahishealthy says:

Woah, holy pizza! Holy blueberries!

5. Diana says:

Omg. This looks amaaaazing! I’ve never had dessert pizza!

6. Jenny says:

oh my goooooooodness, this is INCREDIBLE!! I am going to be making this the second I get home!

p.s. I made your banana split cheesecake recipe this weekend. Girlfriend, you are not human. It was SO good! I’ll be posting about it later today to snag some entries for your giveaway 😉

happy day beautiful! LOVE YOU!

7. Valerie says:

I’m coming over for breakfast! Can I bring my kids? 😉

8. So… what’s the number for delivery? 😉

9. eliza says:

these look so, so yummi! i am definitly making one of these soon!! carrot cake pizzert yum! :]

xx
    eliza

10. *Andrea* says:

love this invention! chocolate deserves a million bonus points 😉

11. Looks so good! But I’m a sucker for anything blueberry related 😉

12. Rick says:

yum, tonight’s dessert recipe has been found!

13. Okay so I think I just drooled on my computer!!! I totally have to make a dessert pizza and ASAP!!!! Great idea!!

14. keribop says:

Absolutely incredible looking! Pizzert is DEFINITELY a keeper!

15. Drool. That may be the most amazing idea ever.

16. Oooh I love that blueberry pancake pizzert, SUCH a good idea! My brain is working overtime imagining all the possibilities for this one, Katie. Thanks!

17. Caroline says:

Mmm, I’m wanting a pancake pizzert topped with chocolate hazelnut butter and raspberries! Seriously, I go nuts over anything chocolate and raspberry. This looks waaaaay healthier and tastier than the dominos Oreo dessert pizza.

18. Kelsey says:

pizzert <3

19. Danielle says:

I love the idea of pizzert! I’m envisioning some type of oat pizzert…with either pumpkin or chocolate…or both 😀