Your Perfect Diet Plan

Yesterday morning, weather.com failed me again. About twenty minutes into my run, the skies opened for an unpredicted rainstorm. It actually felt glorious; a nice way to cool off from the horrible Texas summer heat.  Of course, the coolness didn’t last long. Soon, Mr. Sun resurfaced, and the temperature soared back up to the 90s, causing me to search for a new way to cool off.

Enter Afternoon Snack: Chocolate-Covered  Banana Faux-Yo

mshell

Above, Banana Faux-Yo, topped with swirls of dark PMS Chocolate

mshell2

It’s a proven fact that chocolate eaters have more fun! Ok, I don’t actually have studies to back this up, aside from experience. But that’s gotta count for something, right?

1. Ilana says:

Sweetie, “chocolate-covered diet” is the perfect name for my diet of choice. I tihnk I need some PMS in my life!

2. Shelly says:

ZOMG! That sundae, Wow!

3. Valerie says:

I’m going with the “Chocolate Cake for breakfast” diet. My kids would LOVE me!

4. abby says:

ooh katie, i’ll join you on this chocolate diet. it sounds perfect to me, even though i don’t normally think diets are a good idea.

5. Jess says:

My diet would be: Trader Joe’s diet. More reasons to go there 😀

<3 jess

6. Inspired says:

Fun question! I think my diet will be called the Milk and Cookies diet, where adherents eat cookies all day like Santa Claus. Sounds great, right? :)

7. Jennifer - jcd says:

I’ll add a resounding YES to your diet – life IS more fun with chocolate.

Inspired’s cookie diet sounds fantastic.

My diet would have to be the All Day Breakfast Diet. I could live off smoothies, pancakes, oatmeal, fruit, and pea curry all day, every day, and be very happy.

8. Katharina says:

Yum!!! I wanted to make a smoothie yesterday but it actually turned out more like a soft-serve. It had frozen peaches, a frozen banana, a bit of almond milk, coconut milk, protein powder (Huzzah lol), and lots of ice! SOOO DELICIOUS!!! And I totally thought of you.

Hm… I would have the same diet as Jess lol–I love Trader Joe’s. I miss it so much though because they don’t have any in Florida. Or maybe… coconut ice cream diet? I have no idea!!! There are so many different things I love and can never have too much of.

XOXO

9. I always say there is no perfect diet for everyone since we’re all so different, but YES, EVERY diet should include a little chocolate.

I cooled off with some homemade ice-cream as well yesterday. The heat in Nashville is pretty brutal these days. Really, what did I do pre Vita-Mix days?!?

10. Meg says:

Diet schmiet – I say we all eat what makes us feel good inside 😀 Which you are an example of – that ice cream looks AMAZING, but hey, doesn’t EVERYTHING on your blog look amazing….umm yep. Love you girl! Happy Friday and wishing some sunshine your way 😉

11. Leslie says:

What about a diet where all you eat is ice cream? And of course, in a perfect world, you’d still be healthy! Oh, and of course, it could be vegan ice cream for you, CCV :)

12. Kelsey says:

i want in on this diet plan lol!!! omg i totally can see how a nice texan rain storm is awesome after a run. thank goodness u got caught in it at the end rather than having to start out in it. u wouldnt like it here tho.. its the opposite. u start out in dark cloudy cold rain and when ur all done and about to take a nap.. it gets sunny and warm. damn u weather gods!

13. Sarahishealthy says:

Gorgeous sundae! You could rival DQ for sure with that thing!

14. Danielle says:

Ahhh I could really use some of your PMS chocolate right now! (haha tmi?)

And is it weird that I actually love running in the rain?? You can pretend you’re in The Notebook and that Ryan Gosling is 5 miles away 😀

15. Mary says:

I love all nut butters, so I’m proposing a Nut Butter Only diet. My rules: You can ONLY eat nut butters, but it can be any flavor. And seed butters can count too. What do you think?

16. Hi, how are you today?

Just chocolatey, thank you!

You’re right…chocolate IS the answer to any question!

I’ll be making banana ice cream for my brother this weekend. He’s never had it, and I’m going to make him guess the ingredients! He’ll be amazed, I’m sure.

17. eatandrun says:

Never thought I’d say it, but Bring on the PMS!

18. maxinthegym says:

Hahaha I love your diet rules! Although nothing can replace peanut butter in my heart, I do love making your PMS Chocolate!

My diet would be called…peanut butter chocolatey goodness on errrthang 😀

19. That ice cream looks soo good… it doesn’t even look healthy lol and having lots of chocolate in ones diet is wayyy better than any ol’ diet 😉

20. I made Vegan Banana Ice Cream the other day, AND IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for introducing me to it!