I want your Vote!

Time to Vote

Don’t worry; there are no pregnant chads (or hanging chads, for that matter).

Should the next month be…

1. “Hug a Vegetable”

(to promote/celebrate eating the recommended 5-9 servings per day)

2. “Hug a Veg Protein”

(Robert’s list of vegetarian high-protein foods would come in handy here/to show it’s easy and yummy to get enough protein in a veg diet)

3. “Hug a Fruit”

(to pay homage to nature’s candy, an also to dispel the myth that fruits such as bananas, mangoes, and pineapples are bad for you due to their high sugar content)

4. “Hug a Dessert”

(to show that one can—and should—make room for treats in a healthy diet)

I have a few more ideas, so if none of the above sound intriguing enough (or if you’d rather be surprised), vote for:

5. “Surprise Me”

1. Marina says:

Fruit definitely!
    something refreshing for the summer 🙂

2. Well my vote would definitely go with hug a dessert it it weren’t summer. Summer’s the best time for fruit so you’d get the widest variety now. Even thooouughh healthy desserts are my all time favorite0-there’s plenty more months for that!
    Ok, ok..fruit. 😛

3. Stefanie says:

My vote goes to hug a fruit month. 🙂

4. Mo says:

Hug a fruit!

5. I’m going with the majority and picking fruit. After all, it’s the perfect season to highlight them…just think of all the juicy peaches, berries, and melons of summer! 🙂

6. Kelsey says:

HUG A FRUIT! only cuz summer is coming <3

7. Danielle says:

I vote for “Hug a Dessert” (or hug chocolate)!!

8. Krystina says:

Hug a veg*n protein! I think we should do hug a fruit next month, when summer is in full swing.

9. Sarah says:

Hug a veg protein, then hug a fruit.

10. whats a chad?
    my vote of the ones listed is hug a dessert, because a life of deprivation is no life at all!
    another possible idea is hugging one’s ‘go to meal.’ that meal that is comforting, easy, and maybe not that photogenic! (can you tell I have mine in mind?)

11. Cynthia K says:

This is completely non-food-related, but I’m adding hug-a-pet month, because so many of us have such adorable ones! And it’s one more reason for Henry to make an appearance!

12. Dame Noire says:

Hug-a-dessert! Sometimes it’s good to just see some sweet, sweet indulgence…

13. Hug A Veg Protein! I LOVE that one-we will answer the worlds ever burning question-“what do vegans/veggies eat”!

14. mapledreams says:

I’d definitely go for hug a dessert!! or hug a fruit….but VOTE DESSERT!! hehe, or if you want to be different….hug-a-friend:)

15. vegirl says:

Oh…. I like hug-a-pet month!!!!!!!!
    I actually like them all- so it sounds like fun to have a hug-a-dessert month all made out of fruits and veggies (and healthy fats, if the case may be) top show you CAN get those fruit n’ veggie servings into your diet– even while eating something tasting sweet and sinful!

Vegirl
    ps I’m going to tell Ariane about her award! That little vegan gal will be happy!
    pps maybe another time we could hug our favorite snack?

16. vegirl says:

Ok, little sister was embarrassed instead to hear about her award. Oh well…!
    Her (Ariane’s) vote is to hug-a-bean.

-vegirl and little vegan sis

17. Lisa says:

I think it should be hug a veg protein. I hate when people ask me how I get enough protein!

18. Jess says:

I think it should be…hug a veg. protein! I need to up my protein 🙂
    <3 jess

19. HUG a VEGETABLE! Can’t get better than some fresh summer veggies.

The summer is the best time for it!

20. Thank you for your kind words about my blog! That means a lot to me! I love yours too! You are just too cute! I would have to vote for hug a vegetable since it is July!