Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

I want your Vote!

Time to Vote

Don’t worry; there are no pregnant chads (or hanging chads, for that matter).

Should the next month be…

1. “Hug a Vegetable”

(to promote/celebrate eating the recommended 5-9 servings per day)

2. “Hug a Veg Protein”

(Robert’s list of vegetarian high-protein foods would come in handy here/to show it’s easy and yummy to get enough protein in a veg diet)

3. “Hug a Fruit”

(to pay homage to nature’s candy, an also to dispel the myth that fruits such as bananas, mangoes, and pineapples are bad for you due to their high sugar content)

4. “Hug a Dessert”

(to show that one can—and should—make room for treats in a healthy diet)

I have a few more ideas, so if none of the above sound intriguing enough (or if you’d rather be surprised), vote for:

5. “Surprise Me”

1. Marina says:

Fruit definitely!
    something refreshing for the summer :)

2. Well my vote would definitely go with hug a dessert it it weren’t summer. Summer’s the best time for fruit so you’d get the widest variety now. Even thooouughh healthy desserts are my all time favorite0-there’s plenty more months for that!
    Ok, ok..fruit. 😛

3. Stefanie says:

My vote goes to hug a fruit month. :)

4. Bethany says:

Fruit or vegetable protein I am struggling to get enough protein in my life!

5. Mo says:

Hug a fruit!

6. I’m going with the majority and picking fruit. After all, it’s the perfect season to highlight them…just think of all the juicy peaches, berries, and melons of summer! :)

7. Kelsey says:

HUG A FRUIT! only cuz summer is coming <3

8. Danielle says:

I vote for “Hug a Dessert” (or hug chocolate)!!

9. Krystina says:

Hug a veg*n protein! I think we should do hug a fruit next month, when summer is in full swing.

10. Sarah says:

Hug a veg protein, then hug a fruit.

11. whats a chad?
    my vote of the ones listed is hug a dessert, because a life of deprivation is no life at all!
    another possible idea is hugging one’s ‘go to meal.’ that meal that is comforting, easy, and maybe not that photogenic! (can you tell I have mine in mind?)

12. Cynthia K says:

This is completely non-food-related, but I’m adding hug-a-pet month, because so many of us have such adorable ones! And it’s one more reason for Henry to make an appearance!

13. Dame Noire says:

Hug-a-dessert! Sometimes it’s good to just see some sweet, sweet indulgence…

14. Hug A Veg Protein! I LOVE that one-we will answer the worlds ever burning question-“what do vegans/veggies eat”!

15. mapledreams says:

I’d definitely go for hug a dessert!! or hug a fruit….but VOTE DESSERT!! hehe, or if you want to be different….hug-a-friend:)

16. sherri says:

mmm, friut for sure.

17. Kristie says:

So I have to admit I’m a sucker for the hug-a-pet idea a commenter suggested… but if we’re sticking with food, hug-a-fruit :).

18. vegirl says:

Oh…. I like hug-a-pet month!!!!!!!!
    I actually like them all- so it sounds like fun to have a hug-a-dessert month all made out of fruits and veggies (and healthy fats, if the case may be) top show you CAN get those fruit n’ veggie servings into your diet– even while eating something tasting sweet and sinful!

ps I’m going to tell Ariane about her award! That little vegan gal will be happy!
    pps maybe another time we could hug our favorite snack?

19. vegirl says:

Ok, little sister was embarrassed instead to hear about her award. Oh well…!
    Her (Ariane’s) vote is to hug-a-bean.

-vegirl and little vegan sis

20. Lisa says:

I think it should be hug a veg protein. I hate when people ask me how I get enough protein!

21. Jess says:

I think it should be…hug a veg. protein! I need to up my protein :)
    <3 jess

22. HUG a VEGETABLE! Can’t get better than some fresh summer veggies.

The summer is the best time for it!

23. Thank you for your kind words about my blog! That means a lot to me! I love yours too! You are just too cute! I would have to vote for hug a vegetable since it is July!

24. *Andrea* says:

dessert!!!!!!! i’m always wanting to learn healthy ways to eat dessert instead of downing 5 cookies in a row or eating 1/2 a big bag of chocolate chips 😉

25. Damjana says:

hug a dessert!! i wonder what kind of summer deserts bloggers eat

26. i would say hug a dessert =)

27. I vote for a hug a dessert! :)

28. Hug a fruit! I would hug a biiig juicy canteloupe. And I think a lot of people are scared away by the sugar content in fruit. We must ban that fear!!

29. shesarunner says:

I like the hug a pet idea! But from the options in your post, I’m going with hug a fruit…it was what I suggested in your last post, so I’m sticking with it. Plus, what is better than a juicy piece of fruit in the summer?

30. hug your favorite kitchen appliance!?
    or hug a fruit :)

31. Faith says:

I call hug a fruit!

32. I don’t want to vote! haha sorry I’m a spoil-sport. more so, I’m indecisive

33. Erika says:

Man, veggies aren’t getting too much love.
    I vote HUG A VEGETABLE! Especially a green one. We have to show the world that veggies are delicious and fun!

34. runningcupcake says:

Hug a veggie protein gets my vote!

35. Kittie says:

Fruit! Summer is the perfect time to represent fruits!

36. I vote for hug a chocolate even though it is not officially listed.

37. Rick says:

Hug a Superfood!

38. Janna says:

FRUIT! I love love love fruit. Can I hug several fruits? :)

39. veggie! Because I have trouble getting them in sometimes!

40. Marlene says:

hug a veggie protein! after 1 yr of being vegetarian and 2 yrs of veganism, i still find it difficult sometimes (without resorting to high-sodium fake meats) to get the amount of protein to keep me satisfied. i know i get enough protein, but i get hungry a LOT, and i think this has to do with protein.

41. Aimee says:

Hug a fruit! :)

42. Mary says:

I vote for hug a fruit as well. I want to hug my bananas. Oh that sounds wrong!

43. Lindsey says:

I was actually just thinking tonight that I’d love if you did “Hug A Vegetable”, so that’s my vote!

44. Leslie says:

Hug a sugary fruit like grapes or cherries that the media says are bad for us! Puhlease! 😉

45. VeganRunner says:

I want to hug a starchy vegetable! Corn! Potatoes! Beans! They are being moved from the vegetable food group to the grain/starch food group in the new 2010 nutritional guidelines for Americans, so I think they need a little love!

46. VeganRunner,
    Wow, that’s ridiculous! Those things have been “vegetables” for hundreds of years. Eh, oh well… I love starches too, so I guess it doesn’t really matter what they call ’em :).

47. Kristen says:

Hug a veg protein! ATW! There’s so many cool ideas that could stem from this theme of the month!

48. Kristen says:

Or actually, how about “Hug a dessert…for breakfast!”

49. Inspired says:

Hug a fruit, por favor :).

50. Aimee says:

fruit, since i just bought 80 lbs of local strawberries today! although you might want to discuss that those tropical fruits take a LOT of fuel to get all around the world to please us, so i encourage everyone to eat those bananas, pineapples, mangoes, etc., in moderation…

51. Jessica says:

As Cynthia and others voted, I also love the idea of hug-a-pet month! But food-related, I would vote for veg protein. I’ve just recently become a vegetarian and I’m still struggling to make sure I eat enough protein – I’d love to see what all your readers recommend!

52. I like the veggie protein! I know I’m always looking for new delish ways to get protein and maybe we could even convert a few people in the process with this one because I know that was one of my main concerns :)

53. BroccoliHut says:

Hug a vegetable for sure! I think I already have a plan for my photo…

54. eatandrun says:

I’m jumping on board with the fruit hug voters!

55. I’m loving summer berries at the moment so hug a fruit day sounds good to me!

56. Rachel says:

How about hug a salad? To prove that salads don’t have to consist of a bowl of spinach but that they can be filling, delicious, AND actually serve as a full nutritious meal.

otherwise i’m down with hugging dessert 😉

57. Jennifer - jcd says:

Aww, thank you for the award. Everyone had such great photos.

I like the hug a pet idea! Otherwise, hug a vegetable. Or hug your farmer’s market haul? Granted, our local farmer’s market doesn’t start until July.

58. I vote for ‘hug a potato’. They are totally misunderstood and underappreciated. Poor little potatoes.

59. “hug a grain”….quinoa, buckwheat, bulgur…so many…soooo good ! 😉

60. Yum Yucky says:

Excuse me, but I want to hug desserts…all of them.

61. I say hug a dessert because so many people assume a healthy diet means endless salad after salad and dessert is “bad”!!!

62. Devyn says:

i vote hug a vegetable month!

63. Serena says:

…2. “Hug a Veg Protein”

64. Anonymous says:

i vote for hug a dessert!

65. Becca says:

66. I really like Hug-a-Veg Protein because I think that could be really helpful to a lot of new vegheads…

But Hug-A-Complex Carb could be great too.

Can anything really beat Hug-A-Fat?

67. Yeeeessss, I want a hug a veggie month 😀 I might even send you a picture! 😉

68. Quix says:

Fruit or veggies sound lovely! :)

69. Sandi says:

Hug a fruit definitely! Fruit is like the most wonderful food in the world 😀