"Healthy Cookie Dough" is where the party’s at

Another birthday-themed post?

I have birthdays on the brain, thanks to my upcoming one next month. What can I say? I get excited early!!

But this post isn’t about my birthday. It’s about my mom’s, which was earlier this year. We weren’t late in celebrating; I just forgot to post about it.

That simply won’t do, considering it started with “Cookie Dough” oatmeal!

znyc 1399

Mmmmm what could be better than a healthy, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal breakfast?

znyc 1397

znyc 1395

And one more “chocolate chip cookie dough” oatmeal shot.

(‘Cause you can never have enough cookie dough!)

After polishing off the bowl, Mom looked at me and said, “Forget school, Katie. You can just be my personal breakfast chef.”

Well, at least I now have a backup career plan in case my modeling career flops. 😉

Question of the Day:

What’s your dream job? And has it changed since you were a little kid?

No, my dream job is NOT a personal oatmeal chef… although that might be fun!

1. Marilou says:

Personnal breakfast chef? As in “I’m so damn rich that I have a different personnal chef for every meal?” 🙂

2. McKella says:

You would be a wonderful breakfast chef, Katie!
    I’m figuring out what my dream job would be. I’ve always wanted to be a novelist, and that’s still the plan, but I want to do other things too. I can’t settle on just one!

3. *Andrea* says:

heavenly breakfast!!!
    you SHOULD model! for a vegan/vegetarian magazine or a runner’s magazine?? or for a hair or skin product 🙂 or nail polish! hehe

i have no clue what my dream job is which kind of freaks me out. i start my first full time job in a week where i’m doing financial consulting but i have no idea if i will stay in that field. i read this blog by seth godin which had a cool post the other day where he said:

Exploration and the risk of failure

People seem to be in one of two categories:

* Those who seek stability, affiliation, work worth doing and the assurance it (whatever it is) will be okay.
    * Those who explore, need to know that failure is an option and quest to make a dent in the universe.

You can be in either category, the world needs and rewards both. But pick a brand and a job and a posture that matches your category, or you’ll fail, and be miserable until you do.

Hint: there is no category of: “does risky exploration, never fails.”

1. Hmmm… I definitely want to explore and make a dent in the universe… but it’d also be nice to know that my “experiment” was guaranteed not to fail! 😉

4. Daniel says:

If I could cook or eat for a living I think I’d be in heaven. Though I’ve heard that when hobbies and work come together you end up really hating the hobby, so I wouldn’t want that to happen. But yea, something around food: cooking, food science or helping others with food problems seems to be my “dream job.”

When I was younger I wanted to be a game programmer (learned I hated that in high school) and a doctor like my cousin. I guess the doctor thing is still sticking with me in someways. 🙂

1. Haha one of my grandma’s doctors once said he was a good doctor BECAUSE he was good at video games: apparently part of his job, during surgery, involved a video-game-like controller. Cool how technology has advanced!

5. Marina says:

I think they should definitely put your picture on that box 🙂 That really looks like a fabulous breakfast!
    Hm, my dream job is being a veterinarian in my own clinic in New Zealand, but I would love to work at a chocolate factory too 😀

6. My career choices have changed from policewoman, singer/actresse, to engineer, to vet, to doctor, to pharmacist, and finally on nutritionist. 🙂 But hey..personal breakfast chef would be pretty dang cool too!!

7. Erika says:

When I was little I wanted to be an anchorwoman. When I got a little older I asked my mom what type of classes I would have to take in college and she said lots of writing and journalism. I hate writing – there went that dream. LOL! 🙂

1. That’s what happened to me, too! I wanted to be a vet until I learned you had to take a ton of science courses!

8. Danielle says:

haha love the photoshopped pic of you on the oatmeal carton 😀

My dream job used to be a “weather girl.” Not even a meteorologist…just the girl that announces the weather on tv haha. Random, yes!

1. Cloudy with a chance of mushrooms…

9. Ilana says:

LMAO! I’m cracking up at the Quaker Katie!! I LOVE YOU! Your blog always makes me smile!!

My dream job is MARTHA STEWART. Not her job, HER.

My aunt has this AMAZING personal chef – I aspire to be able to have one, one day! Haha. But I am a good personal chef for myself right now!

1. And YOU always make me smile.
      So I guess we’re even!!
      P.S. Can you come be my personal chef??

10. Katie says:

omg!!!!!!! I LOVE your posts! Im catching up! Gosh a man in your life and amazing oats! I say your doing pretty well girl!!!!!!!!!! The pic of you on the oatmeal container made my day! I say that they should use your pic instead from now on, we have to pitch this! I mean who would not want to buy the oats with beautiful Katie on the front ; )

Love you and this cookie dough oatmeal looks cookielicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAH!!!!!

11. That oatmeal looks yummm.
    My dream job is to be an actress – and that’s what I am! So I’m pretty happy!

12. Justine says:

I wanted to be a fashion designer for absolute ages! Since then, it changes every five minutes 🙂

13. Yum! I must put chocolate chips in my next bowl of oats. For real. As for my dream job, I’d love to run a successful little vegan cafe. Or I wouldn’t mind being the next Isa. 🙂

14. Jess says:

My DREAM job is to own a gym/health & wellness center (aka gym and a physical therapy place!) Or to work at one 😉 I want to go into physical therapy/sports medicine.

Or to be a physical therapist for a sports team 😀

15. Natashia says:

When I was younger, I always wanted to be a mad scientist… the whole white coat, glasses thing… Get a PhD in chemistry. That was when I was an introvert (for my first 17 years of life, pretty much). Now it’s working with eco companies – I’m really lucky, because now that’s what I do!

Oh, and worked as a raw food specialist for a bit, and it’s amazing working with food, especially the healthy-but-tastes-amazing stuff 🙂

Lastly, lovin your blog Katie! Tasty stuff!

16. Anonymous says:

Questions–Do you have a job? Do you live with your parents or do you live on your own usually? Just asking. You never seem to mention anything like a 9-5 job, internships, a part-time gig even, studying for the MCAT/GRE/LSAT, volunteering, job-searching, or even classes that often. It seems like you have so much free time to do the blog, go on vacation, and in general do whatever you want all the time. I’m about the same age/year in school as you and all I can think is how is this even possible? I hope this doesn’t come across as mean, but I’d like to hear more about what your ambitions are and what you do on a regular basis.

1. Actually, I spend a lot less time working on the blog than you might think. Most of my posts are pre-scheduled. Sundays are the days I take to do a lot of post-writing. I’ll talk more about what I’m up to when I get a chance to write and publish the second CCK goes to College post, but I really don’t feel comfortable posting about every detail of my day-to-day life, due to the number of people who read my blog on a daily basis (in the high thousands, mostly strangers I’ve never met). I try to keep some privacy. But this summer, yeah, I’ve pretty much been taking it easy (i.e. no summer job, aside from the money from blogging). Also, I do mention volunteering quite often, both with Africards and with the nursing home and dog-walking.
      And I’m very luckyin that I’m not going to have to job search, because one found me, simply through the blog! But I’ll write more about that later :).

17. Katie, you would sell alot of oatmeal with your photo on the front of the oatmeal container like that. Too cute! I thought of you the other day when my son made some oatmeal and added some frozen rasberries to it. He’s addicted to eating it that way now.

18. Demelza says:

Haa, I am jealous of your mom’s birthday breakfast.
    You really are amazing at making delicious creations, Katie. :]

Right now my dream job would probably be working in a bakery.
    Maybe I just glamorize it in my mind, but there’s something about kneading dough,
    being surrounded by tantalizing aromas,
    and being covered in flour all day that sounds like it’d be fun. ;P
    I’m actually aiming to be an occupational therapist or
    a counseling psychologist who specializes in eating disorders, though.
    I had a best friend who suffered from anorexia in middle/high school
    and it just killed me to see her like that without knowing how to help or what to do.

I used to want to be everything from a manga-ka to a horse trainer, though,
    because I’ve always loved drawing and working with horses.
    I trained several with a professional trainer for several summers,
    but really after mixing “business” with “pleasure” for too long it just wasn’t fun anymore.

But what is YOUR dream job Katie? :]

1. Perfect job… hmmm, I am pretty lucky in the job I’m starting/working(which I reeeeeaally want to blabb about, but I’m not allowed yet). So pretty much, I think I AM going to get a chance to live my dream job.
      But maybe, on a not-so-serious note: professional fudge baby maker? Oooh or definitely professional cupcake decorator!!!

P.S. The fact that you’d want to be psychologist due to the experience with your friend is so sweet :).

19. Tricia says:

I wanted to be a veternarian when i was little, but that changed when i found out that they had to put down animals, and i don’t think i would be able to handle that. Now i kind of want to be a teacher.

1. Yeah, I hear you! I wouldn’t be able to do it either :(.
      Just being in the room when my dog died left me a MESS for months!

20. Vanilla says:

Aaah we could start a buisness together, and your mom will be the first custumer!! I wish my mom would appreciate my oatmeal bowls, she says it’s weird to put chocolate in oatmeal…!!!