Raw Snickerdoodle Cookies

Ya know, for someone who will never be a raw-foodist, I sure do have a lot of raw recipes. I even have a separate raw recipe tab! And now it’s time for yet another creation that falls under this tab:

sdoodles2

Hmmm… I bet these’d be good alongside (or inside) a big bowl of Snickerdoodle Oatmeal!

sdoodles

The perfect compliment to morning tea, coffee, or the aforementioned Snickerdoodle Oatmeal. All the yumminess of a warm snickerdoodle cookie, without heating up the oven!

Raw Snickerdoodles
(a.k.a. Snickerdoodle Babies)
(Yields a bit more than the size of two Larabars)

• 30 grams unsalted, raw almonds
  • 80 grams dates (if you don’t know what type of dates to use, see the Baby FAQ post)
  • a bit over 1/16th tsp salt
  • very scant 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • heaping 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch cream of tarter (I’m not sure it actually needs the c.o.t. But real snickerdoodle cookies have it, so I sometimes add it.)

Blend in your food processor (I use the Magic Bullet short cup). Smush into cookies, or balls, or bars, or even cookie-cuttered shapes.  Enjoy!

Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite type of cookie?
Or, what’s your favorite of the fudge baby flavors?
Although she hasn’t tried any of these yet, I’m thinking the snickerdoodles will be my sister’s favorite fudge baby flavor, because snickerdoodles are one of her favorite Christmas cookies.  My favorite cookie… gosh, I dunno. Probably something with chocolate! Maybe plain old chocolate chip? Boring, I know. I like cookies, but they have to be soft. No three-day-old cookies from the cookie jar for me. Straight outta the oven is best! And Oreos may be vegan, but I never liked them. Chips Ahoy were ok if I dipped them in milk to get ’em soft. Hard cookies just makes my tastebuds think “stale.”
And as for fudge baby flavors, I really like the doodle babies. (Mostly, I just like saying “doodle babies!!!”)
pbb
But my favorite *might* be the raw Peanut Butter babies .
Don’t make me choose!

Tags: ,

1. i loovveeee Nana’s peanut butter cookies – best thing ever!! But i do like some raw cookies like what you’ve just made 🙂

2. Jessica says:

PB choc chip fudge babies are my fav!

I totally agree about cookies needing to be soft. I can’t wait for the weather to cool down so I can get baking! 🙂

3. Leslie says:

Raw recipe tab?!?! 😀 😀
    How did I miss this????????
    Off to click!

1. Leslie says:

Oh, forgot to say that for my favorite fudge baby flavor I’m putting in a vote for the hot chocolate babies! 🙂

4. todayslady says:

Yummmmm!!!! Those look so good!!! My favorite type of cookie is probably the type with everything in them. Oatmeal, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, nuts……Love ’em!

I’m with you on soft cookies. Fresh is the only way to go! Soft and chewy!!!

5. Jennifer - jcd says:

Oooh, I’ll have to make those! Perfect for our long aeroplane ride this weekend.

Peanut butter (chocolate chip, optional) fudge babies are my favourite, but my husband will do just about anything for original fudge babies.

As for cookies, anything goes! I’m the biggest cookie monster around. Everyone has a vice; cookies are mine. Don’t make me pick a favourite, but off the top of my head I’ll say ANZAC biscuits or chewy oatmeal raisin. Mmm…

6. Oh Katie, I LOVE OREOS. Especially with a glass of almond milk for dunking. But I only like double stuff oreos. I do not recognize non-double stuff Oreos. I know they are manufactured and processed and probably full of stuff I shouldn’t eat, but they are truly a comfort food for me!

7. Krystina says:

Yum, I love doodles!

8. Molly says:

I’m already looking forward to the holidays so I can make these for my family… Yum!

9. i want to make a raw cake before summer is over and i think i might make a raw crust out of ur fudge babies!! thats would be crazy huh. actually this snickerdoodle oatmeal version looks the best to me actually!!! <3

id love to try a chocolate or carob mint fudge baby too..mmm <3

hope ur week has been lovely!!

10. I need to try snickerdoodles!!! I’ve always wanted to but whenever I think about making them I’m usually at home..and my mom doesnt like them so I don’t want to be the only one eating them lmho. 😛 My favorite cookie’s definitely no bake PB/choc oatmeal cookies. I used to get a huge one everyday at this little supermarket in our neighborhood growing up. Very nostalgic. 🙂

11. 40apples says:

DOODLES are definitely top of my list!! Well, sharing the top w/ oatmeal chocolate chip, probably 😉 But I love love love snickerdoodles. Therefore, I must try this (and your oatmeal) recipes, as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for the doodle love!

12. I’ll be trying these this week! I generally make pb&choc chip fudge babies, but these look like a nice change of pace.

13. Hotchoc23 says:

Oh my goodness these look divine! I really want to make them! Love your blog x

14. My favorite cookies have to be my own take on the classic glazed oatmeal cookie.. soft and chewy with just a hint of cinnamon for warmth, YUM! As for fudge babies, I don’t think I can choose so easily, although if I must, I’ll say chocolate, because you just can’t go wrong there! Snickerdoodles are my mom’s favorite cookie though, so I think I’ll try out your brand new babies on her!

15. Katie says:

Yesssss! I have all the ingredients at home! I’m so excited to make these tonight!

I think my fave are peanut butter babies, too. Just like the peanut butter cookie larabar is my favorite.

16. Eleanor says:

I love oaty cookies; crisp and chewy together is definitely the way forward!
    As for fudge babies, my favourite way to make them is with 80g dates, 1tbsp cocoa powder and 10g each of cashews, walnuts and Brazil nuts – heaven! 🙂

1. Ooh I’m taking that recipe down. I never know what to do with Brazil nuts, but they’re so healthy!

17. Lisa says:

Yum! OMG snickerdoodles!!! Raw snickerdoodles sound sooooo good!

18. Jennifer says:

I think that my favorites are cinnamon babies (pretty much the Snickerdoodles except with cashews instead of almonds) and chocolate chip cookie dough. Speaking of which, I should probably go make some now….

19. thedelicateplace says:

yum! i’m a chocolate girl at heart but i love me some cinna-spicey goodness! will be making these soon!

20. Justine says:

I think between oatmeal and peanut butter cookies…..I don’t know if I can choose either. Actually, I don’t even know if I could choose betweent the cookie dough or the finished product. I mean honestly….it’s all so good! 🙂