Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

pumpcake

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins muffin for one! Yippee!

“One lil Pumpkin” Muffin

(covered in chocolate)

• 1 tbsp canned pumpkin
  • handful chocolate chips
  • pinch pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • sweetener of choice
  • heaping 1/16th tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp water, nondairy milk, or oil (such as coconut), or a combination

Procedure: Follow the directions for a Single Lady Cupcake, subbing pumpkin for the applesauce and adding the chips and spice. Also, sub the oil for water or nondairy milk if desired.

pumpmuff3

pumpmuff1

How do you like them apples pumpkins?

pumpchip2

Tags: ,

1. I love the single cupcake recipe- what a good idea! You always have such good ideas on here though!
    The luna bar sounds good too!
    🙂

1. maike says:

Love those SINGLE LADYS! even though I do have a boyfriend..i especially like to still enjoy some treats on my own 😉

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

Pumpkin and chocolate! And 100% chocolate chips! They look amazing!! Perfect for Hallowe’en. And my tummy.

This year I pulled out my old Scout uniform from when I was 17 and wore it to our Brownies Hallowe’en Party. I don’t think the girls really knew what I was, oh well. My most memorable costumes as a kid would be Rainbow Brite, a blue Crayola crayon (which I made myself and it won a prize), Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Jadzia Dax from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

I’m not really big into Hallowe’en. However, it’s my husband’s favourite holiday. One year he made a Ghostbusters costume that looked like he stepped off the silver screen. Another year he was som character from SAW movie with a bear trap on his head – super scary, i couldn’t even look at it! This year he is going as a plague doctor and I spnt 20+ hours sewing a proper late 19th century trench coat for him. He goes all out.

This is what his Ghostbusters costume looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7193356@N05/1814833983/in/set-72157602824718360/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/7193356@N05/1815688844/in/set-72157602824718360/

1. LOLOLOL Jennifer, when this came in my email inbox, all that showed up at first was the photo and a message from wordpress telling me I needed to moderate the comment. So imagine: I see a scary photo of a military-type guy. I think: Oh MY WORD. Some creepy blog stalker is coming to get me.
      Then the rest of the message shows up! Cannot stop laughing!

1. Jennifer - jcd says:

Yep, he’s a creepy blog stalker alright. That’s why I married him. 😉 That’s okay, he doesn’t know I’ve posted his picture here in the first place. Shhh… Hehe.

3. YES!!!!!

I will definitely be making this tonight 🙂 You’re the best!

4. i love how it’s
    “3T flour
    handful of chocolate chips”

bahaha. of course. there’s practically more chocolate than flour in these babies. how delish!

this year i’m being… Waldo :p Yep, Where’s Waldo, that’s me, never mind the fact that I’m a girl.
    I’ll try to post pics on my blog.
    ps Loved all your past costumes. You are so awesome 🙂

1. Hehe everyone knows chocolate is the REASON for making recipes, right? Who cares about flour anyhow? 😉

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

You can be Wenda, the girl in all the Waldo books!

1. oooh! yes! ok. i’m wenda 😀

5. Namaste Gurl says:

Oh my goodness, Luna’s making a chocolate- coconut version? Oh me- oh my! Although I don’t eat Luna bars very often, that’s definitely one I’ll try if I need a quick snack 🙂

6. Shelby says:

Bookmarked! Sounds so yummy!

My favorite would have to be when I was like 2 and I was a little ghost!

7. I’m not gonna lie, I totally love dressing up for Halloween! I probably won’t this year, because I have to work until late, but I’m definitely one of those people who will keep dressing up until they’re an old lady.

As a little kid I was usually a witch, lol, but I’ve gotten a little more creative over the years. Last year I was Smurfette and that was awesome, and the year before that I was Pippi Longstocking. I even used wire hangers to get my hair stick straight out like her! I always have a lot of fun going to thrift stores and creating a perfect costume.

P.S. I’m loving the single cupcakes! What a great idea!

1. Smurfette? LOL I looooved her when I was younger, because she was not just pretty, she was completely BLUE! Best color! 🙂

8. I love anything pumpkin, can’t get enough of the stuff!! This muffin looks great! 🙂

I don’t think I’ll be able to dress up this year as I’ll be traveling. Airport security might not find it funny..

1. Ah airport security… yeah, they don’t seem to have a sense of humor (rightly so, to a degree). But you might be able to get away with something. After all, have you seen what Lady Gaga wears to travel?! (If you haven’t, consider yourself lucky!)

9. Katie,
    This is so great – thanks so much for this recipe! I’ve been craving ice-cream like crazy, and I always want to crumble a little something on top, but I never want to make a whole batch of muffins or cookies. This is perfect! 🙂

10. Lori says:

you look so good with bangs! (15 yr old pumpkin carving pic)

1. Thanks lol… It took me forever to grow them out because I kept changing my mind and cutting them back! I loved my bangs and STILL miss them!

11. I am going to keep an eye out for that Luna bar flavor!

I love dressing up for Halloween. Buuut I just got an acting job this weekend so I have to change my costume plans. I was going to be Machete (from the movie) but now I can’t do my fake tattoos!

12. Nichole says:

Very creative costume ideas! I think I am going as a “rabbit coming out of a top hat” hopefully it will be a fun time – dressing up always is for me! 🙂

1. Oh my gosh, talk about creative! Your idea is AWESOME!! Too cute!

13. Lorin says:

I still have yet to find the new larabars…like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough:/ Hopefully Luna will get it out to more people faster. Part of me is excited for this Halloween weekend, but I also can’t wait for it to be over. My roommate is leaving and i’m closest with her so I have a feeling it will be a little lonely, especially because I don’t party very much..unlike some people here or think the weekends start on a Wendesday night.

14. Marina says:

Again pumpkins 🙁 I miss pumpkin so much! Specially with all those amazing recipes all the blogers are creating!
    I wish I would dress up with halloween, but this year, it’s not gonna happen 🙂
    But I did bought a cute head band with cat ears 🙂

1. Maybe try subbing sweet potato? 😕

15. Awesome! This would make a great breakfast!

16. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

I’ve been looking for those 100% dark chocolate chips!!! Where did you find them?

When I was littl-er I was ALWAYS dressing up as a princess! I had the tiara and the Belle Dress from Beauty and the Beast. I dressed like an M&M one year (ironic!), and as little red riding hood…I loved my Little Red Riding Hood Costume! My wicker basket was a trick-or-treating bucket!

1. Oh Alex, you will LOVE them! I found them in the WF baking aisle (near the sugar, flour, etc).

17. A Sparkle A Day says:

I am LOVING that you are posting how to make a single cupcake. Sometimes that’s all you need or want.
    THANKS

boy, I’ve been everything as a kid. Little Orphan Annie, zombies, gosh I can’t even remember.

I love Halloweeen but live with bah humbuggers. so glad my son is that age now and we can have more fun with it!

my two year old is going to be a Pollen Jock (from the bee movie) I need to be a side kick some how!

1. Hehehe bah humbuggers… we got my dad a black Christmas hat that says “Humbug” :).

18. Okay, just made it. Brilliant. I love you. 🙂 Nuked in the micro for 90 seconds in a coffee mug greased with coconut oil. Too eager to wait 15 minutes for the oven-baked version. Served atop vanilla ice-cream. Perfect. 🙂

19. Gloria says:

I’m dressing up at Winnie the Pooh! The whole honey thing doesn’t go with my veganism, so I’ll just carry around a jug of maple syrup. Mmm 🙂

My WF does NOT have those 100% choc chips! Grrr, I must do some begging to customer service. Thanks for sharing the Luna bar. Love me some coconut and chocolate!

1. Vegan Winnie the Pooh?!? Too gosh-darn cute!

20. Quix says:

Love your costumes! I’m never one to shy away from dressing up either – I love to find excuses to dress up or dress silly and go out. This year I’m going as Cleopatra. 🙂 Just a simple store costume which I NEVER do, but I’m so low on time this year, it works. Zliten is going as a pharoah. The muffin for one is awesome! I never like baking because I hate having lots of stuff around the house forever, but that works to fulfill a craving!