Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Blend Yer Oatmeal!

Happy Saturday morning!

oatmeal pudding

Blended Oatmeal Pudding

blended oatmeal

I used the famous “Blended Oatmeal” Trick on the oatmeal. Then I added banana and a healthy dose of peanut butter. Perhaps it was the addition of the pb that helped me to not miss my chocolate. Or maybe it was the oatmeal, itself. After all, I love oatmeal almost as much as I love chocolate. Wait, I said almost!

1. I had blueberry oatmeal, but it wasn’t nearly as exciting as yours. I’ve never tried blending oats. Maybe I should sometime.

2. Albizia says:

Happy Saturday morning to you, too! Your blended oatmeal looks like a great start to the day.

It’s almost dinner time here but the thought of my breakfast is still making me happy. I had some rye bread with cottage cheese and apricot jam. And a glass of boza (whatever this is 😀 ). Yum!

1. Hey, you could always do breakfast for dinner! 😉

3. *Andrea* says:

you know, i’ve never tried the blender method! my blender at home is awful and vita-mixes are soooo expensive but i’ve never really seen the hand blender! it looks much easier to clean and probably less expensive 😉

i do love your melted banana trick though! god bless the microwave hehe 🙂 and i honestly do not understand ppl who don’t like chocolate!! in my family i’m the only die-hard chocoholic. the rest of my fam loves lays potato chips, which is dumbfounding to me.

have a great weekend!

1. hahaha well, more chocolate for you! 😉

And ick, why wold anyone choose greasy potato chips over dark, rich, luxurious chocolate? But my family is that way too! Silly families!

4. VEGirl says:

I’ve done the blending thing– but I have an even cleaner way to do it! I just grind the oats in a little spice grinder prior to cooking them and it gives me silky oatmeal pudding. I hate having to shew my oats, and this method is so delish!

I actually got up 5 minutes ago– so I haven’t had breakfast yet. It is probably going to be something with oatmeal and Italian plums though. Mmmmm… Italian plums– I’m going to take them off the neighbors tree!

1. Plum stealer!
      Ha, if my neighbors had fresh plums on their tree, I’d steal some too. Especially for oatmeal!

5. kate says:

i love your blended grains trick! i’ve even gotten my roommate into it! lol our room is pretty noisy now in the mornings, between your blended oatmeal and our green monsters we make from angela’s blog. our blenders get a workout!

6. Valerie says:

Funnily enough, we had a CCK recipe for breakfast today: Brownie Batter Pancakes :). Kids ate ’em up. Tomorrow might have to be blended oats. Or maybe even your blueberry blended bulgur (although daughter dearest doesn’t like blueberries, so we’ll sub strawberries for hers).

7. I had a cherry green monster and a handful of almonds after the gym. Time to go find something to put chocolate chips into!

1. kate says:

cherry green monster???! oh wow i never tried that fruit combo! thanks for the idea.
      *takes notes!*

8. Namaste Gurl says:

Agreed, miss CCK. Love my oatmeal non- blended or blended, like a smoothie texture. Whatever form it’s in, I do love my oats.

P.S– you’re REALLY making me want oatmeal and I’m away from home currently not able to have any! Arg!

1. *Sends oatmeal over the internet. Did you get it? ;)*

9. Stefanie says:

Pumpkin oatmeal was my breakfast this morning. I always forget to blend them though.

10. kristisn says:

I had apple bread with a mixed berry smoothie. It doesn’t sound as good as everyone else’s breakfast though!

1. I dunno… apple bread sounds pretty good to me!

11. I love blended oatmeal 🙂 Indeed it does give it great texture!
    This morning, for breakfast I had a big green monster <3 Yuuuuum

12. Di @ says:

Looks yummy, Katie. I’m enjoying Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes on this end with a large cup of coffee. Love Saturday breakfasts.

13. I had oatmeal w/banana and a hunk of choc chip cookie mixed in — so I definitely had my chocolate fix for the day 🙂

14. carolyn says:

i made oatmeal with vanilla ricemilk, a little cinnamon spiced applesauce and White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. omg SO GOOD.

15. Molly says:

Triple threat powerbar and toast = race food!
    I gotta try blending my oats because it looks scrumptious!

16. Little Bookworm says:

Happy Saturday Katie. 🙂 I had a lovely bowl of Banana Brulee Porridge for breakfast. 🙂 Your breakfast looks great too!

17. Cindy says:

This might be the perfect morning for oatmeal…now I need to try your trick. They DO look so dreamy, I mean Creamy!

it’s raining here. ick.

18. Krystina (Organically Me) says:

Steel cut oats with spirulina, cocoa powder, vanilla brown rice protein, cacao nibs and a big swirl of almond butter. 😀

19. Tricia says:

I’ve blended oats before. It’s delish 😛 but unfortunately, that’s not what i had for breakfast. I had a bagel and a soy latte from starbucks lol.

20. Shelby says:

I haven’t had blended oats in months! I’d better get on that, what is wrong with me?!

Welllll, today I woke up at 10am so I wasn’t really hungry for breakfast. I made a green smoothie but didn’t drink it really. But I just had some yummy stir-fried veggies for lunch!