Single-Lady Cookies

Or, rather, cookie.

Just in case you get bored of the Single-Lady Cupcakes.

Now you can have single-serving cookies too!

Single-Lady Cookies

(makes 1 big cookie)

• 5 level teaspoons flour (15g) (all-purpose, oat flour, or spelt)
  • 1/16th tsp baking soda
  • 1/16th tsp salt (omit if using margarine)
  • 2 tsp oil or pre-melted margarine (or applesauce, only if you like cake-y cookies)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • A little milk of choice, if needed (I use almond milk)
  • handful chocolate chips (or raisins, nuts, etc.)
  • sweetener (My testers liked 1 tsp brown + 1 tsp white sugar. You can easily sub coconut sugar or sucanat. Or try xylitol for a sugar-free cookie.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then add wet and mix with a fork. Don’t add water. Form into a big cookie and smush. (Or make two little cookies.) Cook for 7-8 minutes.

vegan chocolate chip cookie

A different single-lady cookie idea: Just make a regular batch of cookies, roll them into balls, and then freeze the balls. They’ll keep for at least a year, and you can defrost and bake them in whatever quantity you wish!

single serving cookie

For more recipes and ideas: Single Serving Dessert Recipes

Tags: , , , ,

1. Yuuum!!!! I’m soooo excited about this recipe!!!!! Thanks!!!! You know what would be good??? A mint chocolate chip cookie….I guess you could sub peppermint extract for the vanilla…..

1. Oh I just microwaved the cookie!!! Mixed everything together and nuked it for 1 minute. A little crumbly, so you might need to add some liquid, but still tasty!

1. Wow, you are fast, girl! 🙂
        Thanks for reporting back. I’m going to have to try your way, now!

1. Nothing gets between me and cookies! I made this as soon as I read the recipe!=D

2. abby says:

gah that looks gorgeous! i want one. no wait, i want 5 or 6! right now! 🙂

1. abby says:

and um single serving cinnamon bun? i think i would love you forever!

3. I love that you have developed single serving baked goods! So perfect when you just want one, thank you 🙂

4. Katie I would love to see a single serving cinnamon roll — that sounds delicious!!!

I will definitely try this tonight or tomorrow — I can’t wait 🙂 🙂

5. Leslie says:

Single lady brownie! Yes please!

6. Awesome! I must make this! I want to try it with gluten-free flour.

I think a single-serving brownie would rock!

1. Lisa C. says:

If you try it with gf flour, let me know how it goes! I’d be interested in that too :).

7. Lisa C. says:

Love this idea, Katie. I’m glad you went with the chocolate, too :).
    I’m up for a single-serving pecan sticky bun!

8. Cindy says:

Definitely a cinnamon roll! Oh, pretty please!

9. Mary says:

I want a single serving fruit cobbler. I know it’s not chocolate, but it sounds good to me!

10. Melissa says:

This looks great, Katie.

I’d love a single serving cinnamon roll!
    I didn’t like them much as an omni but now that I can’t find vegan ones readily available I crave them… Isn’t that just the way it goes?

1. Haha yeah. The other day, I was actually craving gummy worms, of all things. I hated them as an omni!

11. What an awesome recipe. I always need more chocolate cookies in my life.

12. This cookie monster right here totally approves of this wonderful cookie! 🙂

13. YAHOOO can’t wait to make this!!! Tonight, methinks! 😀
    Ooh single-serving brownie would be AWESOME! But any single-serving baked good’ll do me! So get back to work Katie! 😛

14. lindsay says:

hmmm, I am thinking a single scone or cinnamon roll. I love the microwave idea too! Your so brilliant!
    Cheers,
    LC

1. Brandie says:

I agree on a single lady cinnamon roll! (Vegan, of course 😉

15. single serving brownie 🙂 maybe raw? a challenge!

16. Brandie says:

MAN do I wish I had some choc chips so I could TRY this right now! Ack! You are amazing, woman!… 😉 Congrats on yet another single lady success *giggle* 🙂

1. What about raisins? I’m thinking raisins (and oat flour) would be pretty yummy!

17. Missy says:

I love all of your single treats and I vote for cinnamon roll too! But now I’m gonna be singing “All the single cookies, all the single cookies – op-en ya mouths up” in my head the rest of the day!!

1. Oh no! Now I’m going to sing that too! LOL 🙂

18. Alisa Cooks says:

I forgot to vote, but this is the one I was going to pick, so glad you made it!

I have to admit, I hate fat-free baked goods, always a tad gummy, so the oil version looks right up my alley. Of course, if I made a single-serving there would be fighting in this household. I will have to make the sports store hottie double version 🙂

1. Oil makes everything better. It’s so true :).

19. I need a Vegan Sugar Cookie recipe – do you have any Katie?

1. I used to! I cannot find it anywhere, though, so it’s on my list to make up a new one soon!

20. Yum! But I’d have to double that. Who can eat just one cookie?

1. Haha I know, right? I like my “other version” note, because that way I can make up a whole batch and cook as many as I feel like eating so they stay fresh.