How to Build your Social Network

I’m sorry, I can’t help you there. Social networking still confuses me. All I know is this: If you bring yummy food, you’re bound to make many friends!

The other night, I trekked to a friend’s house to watch The Social Network. And I brought along… a Christmas recipe? 😕

gingerbread balls

Gingerbread Cookie Dough Balls

Didn’t I tell you I’d be eating these on the beach in July? You didn’t believe me?

ginger balls

Everyone loved the Gingerbread Balls.

And I loved the movie! (Where’s the facebook “like” button when ya need it?) I especially liked Jesse Eisenberg (who plays Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg) and his fast-paced talking. Plus, Eduardo? Really, really cute!

social-network-640-alt

Supposedly, some of the story is fiction. But it was a good movie regardless: well-acted and defining of our generation. It’s hard to imagine that a few years ago, no one knew what facebook was!

Blog Updates:

good3_thumb_thumb

1. The chocolate-covered blogroll will go up this week.
2. I spruced up the page, with photos! Check it out: My new Recipe Page!

Remember a time before the internet?
And do you remember–horror of horrors– dial up?

When you couldn’t be on the internet and the phone at the same time? When it took like 20 minutes just to get into your email account and hear, “You’ve got mail”? Now I get frustrated if it takes a minute to get into the internet!

Tags:

1. Yes I remember having dial-up and it was such a pain in the butt!

My parents recently watched The Social Network, and ever since then they keep asking me about how to set up a page for them. I’m sure I’ll help them set it up sooner or later. Yikes!

2. I really can’t remember life before internet. I guess maybe using encyclopedias for school papers? Ick!

3. hahah I thought it was such an usual title for a post from you Katie! phew, thank God you haven’t changed one bit 😉

4. I absolutely LOVED that movie, too! I was surprised how much I liked it actually.

5. ps I missed those balls when you first posted them but they look amazing! I made Coffee Date balls yesterday and I cant keep my hands of off ’em 😉

6. Dial up feels like FOREVER ago! But I’m not going to lie… my parents still use AOL. Now that sounds ancient.

7. Camille says:

Oh god, I had dial up for about 2 years after all my other friends got high-speed and it was the worst!
    P.S. Eduardo is playing Spiderman in the new reboot!

8. Kim says:

Oh boy, do I ever! The first computers I used were Commodore 64’s in grade 4. I didn’t see a Windows OS until high school. The first computer that I owned had a 33.6 modem in it and I bragged about it! I highly recommend watching Hackers, a good but strange movie. In it they get giddy over a 13.3 modem (snicker). “Back then” it took years to get to each new stage so my 33.6 was fine for a while. Now I can’t keep up with the changes!

Great looking cookie balls! I’ll admit that my first thought was that you should change the name to something shorter, like maybe Tiger Balls, but then I thought about that and realized it probably wasn’t such a good idea 😉

1. OMG that had me laughing so hard!

9. Haha yes I remember dial up! That actually wasn’t that far in the past for me :( My last year of high school in ’05 we moved to a tiny little town and ended up having dial up. It was horrible. Lol. My hubby and I always talk about what it’s like to be in our kids generation. They’re growing up when almost everyone has a cell phone and everyone has a computer and gadgets that do everything. It’s good and bad I guess 😛

10. Hela says:

gosh, the time BEFORE the internet… Still, I can´t believe how addicted and lazy we have become! But sometimes I am wondering what people did when they, for example, wanted to book a flight. Jesus. I love the internet, and I love the movie “Social Network” :)

11. ITS CRAZY how different my life would be without any internet- ACK!! i cannot imagine life without it! now im excited for what the future will bring next with technology! i LOVEd that movie- so so good and quite informative!!!!

12. Gen says:

Haven’t seen that movie yet…I want to, though!
    Can’t wait for the blogroll and I LOVE the new recipe page!!

13. It’s so funny/ sad haha, because if I cant get wifi to get online… I am VERY disappointed! Haha

14. Lisa says:

haha i HEAR ya! I feel so spoiled when i whine about how slow my computer is bc my macbook is so fast hahah :)

15. Hahaha oh dial up. It took so long and the sound was so annoying!

16. Debra says:

I remember dial up. I also remember prodigy. It was the only way to get any info from the net- basically it had categories- home, hobbies, etc.. then sub categories. I printed off tons of recipes from their vegetarian category.. that was over 18 years ago..
    the chocolate/gingerbread balls look delish!
    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

17. Kari says:

That dial-up AOL sound haunts my dreams sometimes.

It’s so strange we were around for the invention of the internet. So weird.

18. Jennie says:

So funny – my niece (who is 6) has no patience when it comes to the internet. If she clicks on something and it doesn’t open in less than one second, she automatically thinks something is wrong with the webpage or the computer. She would be so frustrated with dial-up (as would I – admittedly, even though I started out with Oregon Trail and the DOS system!)

1. Isn’t it crazy how technology’s progressed?! I still can’t believe you can check the internet on your phone now, even when you’re driving in a car! Probably not good for the accident-rate statistic… 😕

1. Jennie says:

Well, it is a good thing I have high-speed internet so I can quickly access your delish recipes with no waiting! I had voluminous oats with a melted banana, ground flax, and a few shakes of cinnamon this morning!

19. Gingerbread should be eaten all year round.

Just sayin’.

20. Ugh, I remember dial up! My parents put a password on it so we could never sneak on when we were home alone. I remember getting AIM when I was in elementary school and getting so excited when I would hear the ‘door open’ because someone was signing on!