Spotlight: Breakfast Pizzas

Buon Giorno chocolate pizza pies!

Thought I’d do somethin’ a little bit different for today’s post:

My blog is filled with so many recipes that they tend to get lost in oblivion after they’re published. This makes me sad, since I work so hard on every post. Therefore, once every few weeks, I’m going to highlight some older posts instead of bombarding y’all with yet another new one! The subject of the first such “spotlight on” post will be… breakfast pizza!

Spotlight on Breakfast Pizza:

Gluten-Free Pizzert

blue25

Original Pizzert

cnut

Coconut Butter Pizza

Upcoming Posts:

• I’ll break form with a savory recipe
  • Another delicious addition to the Healthy Milkshakes
  • And I’ll introduce you to a special guest!

I’m also going to a party soon, and bringing cupcakes. But I don’t know what flavor to make! Tried flipping through my favorite cupcake book (VCTOTW) for inspiration, but this backfired–it left me wanting to make all the flavors! Red Velvet, Tiramisu, Banana Split, S’mores… how is one supposed to choose?!

What flavor cupcakes should I make?

Tags:

1. love ur pizzert’s Katie!!

2. What a great idea to bring back older recipes!! I often find myself browsing your recipe page to find something to cook, and everything always looks so amazing! 🙂
    I’m glad you chose to bring pizzerts back today. They really should be their own food category 😉
    I don’t think I can help you with the cupcakes… I always run into the EXACT same problem when I look through my copy of VCTOTW! 🙂
    And thank you for your incredibly sweet comment on my blog!! It completely made my day (as your comments and posts always do!) 😀

1. chocolate-katie says:

YOUR comments and posts always make MY day!!! 🙂

3. I would definitely vote for some banana split cupcakes!

I love your dessert pizza cake.the pictures you have are amazing and it tastes even better!!

4. Lot-O-Choc says:

Tried your breakfast pizzert the other day and loved it, I had blueberries + strawberries + your vegan whipped cream delicious! Do you eat your pizzert hot or cold?

1. chocolate-katie says:

I eat it cold… but you can eat it either way. Hot with some melted chocolate sounds pretty awesome ;).

5. Hanna M. says:

Cupcakes with raspberry filling and coconut butter frosting? Or almond-based frosting… Yum!

6. Gen says:

Love the spotlight idea!!! 😀
    I’d go for either the tiramisu or the red velvet cupcakes!!!!

7. McKella says:

S’mores anything is the way to go!

8. Megan says:

Hmm…Tiramisu does sound amazing, but in light of the season, I think her Coconut Lime cupcakes or Blueberry Lemon Creme cupcakes look fitting. I bought the cookbook and am sad to say that I haven’t made any yet 🙁 I am a cupcake baking fanatic and make recipes from everywhere. I am fairly new to vegan baking…have you made her chocolate mousse with silken tofu? I bought some but am not sure how it will taste! Btw, LOVE your breakfast ideas! I will have to try the pizzert!

1. chocolate-katie says:

I have a recipe for chocolate mousse with tofu… I was brave enough to make it for my boyfriend on V day one year, and he LOVED it! 🙂

9. katie says:

I love love love PIZZERTS!!!!!!!

Love you! Happy Saturday Katie!

1. chocolate-katie says:

Love YOU!!!

10. Stephanie says:

I have been meaning to make the tiramisu cupcakes from VCTOTW for SO LONG. Make those first and then let me know if it’s worth it =)

11. Leah says:

Make the banana split cupcakes and BAKE THEM IN CAKE CONES (yes, the icecream cones, you can bake cupcakes in them, they don’t burn and are a tasty treat with the cupcake!); so freaking cute and fun!

12. You should seriously get into the catering business, if you aren’t already! I’d pay some big bucks to have those yummy treats (when I’m feeling too lazy to make them for myself)!!

13. Shannon S. says:

Love your pizzerts. I may even be guilty of making them for breakfast..and lunch…and sometimes dinner. And sometimes all in one day. There are just so many different variations! 🙂 I wanted to ask you if you have ever used oat or buckwheat flour with them? I just bought these 2 flours and am trying to come up with some different ideas for how to use them. As for cupcakes – you can’t go wrong with strawberry or vanilla topped with chocolate icing. 🙂

1. chocolate-katie says:

I haven’t… I’ve been so intrigued by oat flour, but I’ve never bought it. If you make something with it, tell me how it goes. I might just have to pick some up!

14. I LOVE your pizzerts SO MUCH!! You are a GENIUS! 😀

And can I come to this party?! A party with CCK food sounds like HEAVEN to me!! I know what you mean about that book- WAY too many awesome choices!! I’ve made a bunch of them for parties, but the classic chocolate has always been the most popular 🙂

1. chocolate-katie says:

Ok, here’s the deal: You can ONLY come if you bring cookie dough truffles. Deal? 🙂

15. Joanna says:

I’m in love with the pizzerts, there’s so many different ways to make & eat them. My vote for cupcake flavor would be S’mores because it’s different than just a regular one flavor cake & it’s just fun :O)

16. Yes! I like that you’ll be reminding me about all your delicious creations because I don’t have the time to make all the recipes I keep bookmarking! VCTOTW is my favorite cupcake book, too! Do you have the cookie one, too? I haven’t tried it and was wondering if it was as amazing as the cupcake book.

My vote is for red velvet cupcakes, but I’m kind of obsessed with it right now, so my opinion might be a bit biased. I’ve been making the pancakes, eating cupcakes and even drinking red velvet hot cocoa. It’s pure madness!

1. chocolate-katie says:

I don’t have the cookie one… but I think I might just have to go with your suggestion and go with the mint chocolate chip cupcakes!

17. My unbiased answer for which cupcake you should make is the mint chocolate ones. I really hate mint-flavored things, but they’re absolutely nuts about these cupcakes!

18. shannonmarie says:

Red velvet is my fave 🙂

19. Mae says:

These cupcakes look good on the OSG blog today, and she has a lot of other cupcake recipes too: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/04/16/spring-chick-cupcakes/
    But I suppose giving you more choices doesn’t make the decision any easier – sorry. 🙂

I’m glad you’re sharing old posts because I just started reading your blog last week. It’s all new for me, and I love it! Of the cupcake options you recommended, red velvet or tiramisu sound the best, but I’m really loving coconut lately too! I’m sure whatever you make will be delicious.

20. These all look great! What a great idea to highlight older recipes.