Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Spotlight: Breakfast Pizzas

Buon Giorno chocolate pizza pies!

Thought I’d do somethin’ a little bit different for today’s post:

My blog is filled with so many recipes that they tend to get lost in oblivion after they’re published. This makes me sad, since I work so hard on every post. Therefore, once every few weeks, I’m going to highlight some older posts instead of bombarding y’all with yet another new one! The subject of the first such “spotlight on” post will be… breakfast pizza!

Spotlight on Breakfast Pizza:

Cake Batter Pizza

pizza cake

Dessert Pizza Cake

Pizzert Ice-Cream Sundae

pizza dessert

Cinnamon-Raisin Pizza

Gluten-Free Pizzert

Original Pizzert

Coconut Butter Pizza

Upcoming Posts:

• I’ll break form with a savory recipe
  • Another delicious addition to the Healthy Milkshakes
  • And I’ll introduce you to a special guest!

I’m also going to a party soon, and bringing cupcakes. But I don’t know what flavor to make! Tried flipping through my favorite cupcake book (VCTOTW) for inspiration, but this backfired–it left me wanting to make all the flavors! Red Velvet, Tiramisu, Banana Split, S’mores… how is one supposed to choose?!

What flavor cupcakes should I make?

1. It’s really hard to decide a cupcake flavor, there are SO MANY good ones! Tiramisu sounds amazing, but it’s spring, almost Easter, so how about something lemon-y with a fruity filling and frosting? :)

2. love ur pizzert’s Katie!!

3. What a great idea to bring back older recipes!! I often find myself browsing your recipe page to find something to cook, and everything always looks so amazing! :)
    I’m glad you chose to bring pizzerts back today. They really should be their own food category 😉
    I don’t think I can help you with the cupcakes… I always run into the EXACT same problem when I look through my copy of VCTOTW! :)
    And thank you for your incredibly sweet comment on my blog!! It completely made my day (as your comments and posts always do!) 😀

1. chocolate-katie says:

YOUR comments and posts always make MY day!!! :)

4. I would definitely vote for some banana split cupcakes!

I love your dessert pizza cake.the pictures you have are amazing and it tastes even better!!

5. Lot-O-Choc says:

Tried your breakfast pizzert the other day and loved it, I had blueberries + strawberries + your vegan whipped cream delicious! Do you eat your pizzert hot or cold?

1. chocolate-katie says:

I eat it cold… but you can eat it either way. Hot with some melted chocolate sounds pretty awesome ;).

6. Hanna M. says:

Cupcakes with raspberry filling and coconut butter frosting? Or almond-based frosting… Yum!

7. I love your pizzerts :) :) Chocolate coconut is my fav!!!! And you should make chocolate pb cupcakes-trust me, they will be a hit! I made some sugar-free once, and everyone loved them!

8. Gen says:

Love the spotlight idea!!! 😀
    I’d go for either the tiramisu or the red velvet cupcakes!!!!

9. I love banana split — so I’d choose that please :)

Your pizzert pictures are so cute — the one with the blue sprinkles just makes me smile!

10. McKella says:

S’mores anything is the way to go!

11. Megan says:

Hmm…Tiramisu does sound amazing, but in light of the season, I think her Coconut Lime cupcakes or Blueberry Lemon Creme cupcakes look fitting. I bought the cookbook and am sad to say that I haven’t made any yet :-( I am a cupcake baking fanatic and make recipes from everywhere. I am fairly new to vegan baking…have you made her chocolate mousse with silken tofu? I bought some but am not sure how it will taste! Btw, LOVE your breakfast ideas! I will have to try the pizzert!

1. chocolate-katie says:

I have a recipe for chocolate mousse with tofu… I was brave enough to make it for my boyfriend on V day one year, and he LOVED it! :)

12. katie says:

I love love love PIZZERTS!!!!!!!

Love you! Happy Saturday Katie!

1. chocolate-katie says:

Love YOU!!!

13. Stephanie says:

I have been meaning to make the tiramisu cupcakes from VCTOTW for SO LONG. Make those first and then let me know if it’s worth it =)

14. Leah says:

Make the banana split cupcakes and BAKE THEM IN CAKE CONES (yes, the icecream cones, you can bake cupcakes in them, they don’t burn and are a tasty treat with the cupcake!); so freaking cute and fun!

15. You should seriously get into the catering business, if you aren’t already! I’d pay some big bucks to have those yummy treats (when I’m feeling too lazy to make them for myself)!!

16. Emily says:

Make whichever cupcakes are going to inspire you to recreate the flavors in breakfast and pizzert and smoothie flavors and I will look forward to it!

17. Shannon S. says:

Love your pizzerts. I may even be guilty of making them for breakfast..and lunch…and sometimes dinner. And sometimes all in one day. There are just so many different variations! :) I wanted to ask you if you have ever used oat or buckwheat flour with them? I just bought these 2 flours and am trying to come up with some different ideas for how to use them. As for cupcakes – you can’t go wrong with strawberry or vanilla topped with chocolate icing. :)

1. chocolate-katie says:

I haven’t… I’ve been so intrigued by oat flour, but I’ve never bought it. If you make something with it, tell me how it goes. I might just have to pick some up!

18. Ann Claire says:

I love the idea of revisiting old recipes! I really want to make a pizzert now :)
    You should make Tiramisu cupcakes!

19. I LOVE your pizzerts SO MUCH!! You are a GENIUS! 😀

And can I come to this party?! A party with CCK food sounds like HEAVEN to me!! I know what you mean about that book- WAY too many awesome choices!! I’ve made a bunch of them for parties, but the classic chocolate has always been the most popular :)

1. chocolate-katie says:

Ok, here’s the deal: You can ONLY come if you bring cookie dough truffles. Deal? :)

20. Joanna says:

I’m in love with the pizzerts, there’s so many different ways to make & eat them. My vote for cupcake flavor would be S’mores because it’s different than just a regular one flavor cake & it’s just fun :O)

21. Yes! I like that you’ll be reminding me about all your delicious creations because I don’t have the time to make all the recipes I keep bookmarking! VCTOTW is my favorite cupcake book, too! Do you have the cookie one, too? I haven’t tried it and was wondering if it was as amazing as the cupcake book.

My vote is for red velvet cupcakes, but I’m kind of obsessed with it right now, so my opinion might be a bit biased. I’ve been making the pancakes, eating cupcakes and even drinking red velvet hot cocoa. It’s pure madness!

1. chocolate-katie says:

I don’t have the cookie one… but I think I might just have to go with your suggestion and go with the mint chocolate chip cupcakes!

22. My unbiased answer for which cupcake you should make is the mint chocolate ones. I really hate mint-flavored things, but they’re absolutely nuts about these cupcakes!

23. shannonmarie says:

Red velvet is my fave :-)

24. Mae says:

These cupcakes look good on the OSG blog today, and she has a lot of other cupcake recipes too:
    But I suppose giving you more choices doesn’t make the decision any easier – sorry. :)

I’m glad you’re sharing old posts because I just started reading your blog last week. It’s all new for me, and I love it! Of the cupcake options you recommended, red velvet or tiramisu sound the best, but I’m really loving coconut lately too! I’m sure whatever you make will be delicious.

25. These all look great! What a great idea to highlight older recipes.

26. Livvy says:

Katie, I absolutely LOVE how you’ve started a whole entire “pizzert” loving blog community!!! So many of the blogs I read and love make pizzerts all the time and I totally do too! (I just haven’t posted with mine yet!) You’re a genius girl!

1. chocolate-katie says:

Awww thank you so so much for your sweet comment!

27. Hela says:

I love your pizzerts, so I think it´s great you highlighted them :)
    Oh yeah, I can´t stand making decision and every time I flip around in above named book, I wanna storm into the kitchen and create at least 10 versions! If I were you, I´d try something new, but that I know everybody would enjoy- Margarita Cupcakes 😉

28. One thing looks better than the next!

Have a great weekend, Katie :)

29. Grace says:

Banana split! I just brought some chocolate covered frozen bananas to a friend’s party and they reminded me just how delish banana is in desert form.

30. YES great idea!!! you have so many amazing recipes- they cannot be lost!!

OH DO MAKE S’Mores!!

31. I love making pizzerts! The cake batter one is my favorite!
    I reccommend making the Red Velvet cupcakes – you can never go wrong with Red Velvet! :-)

32. YES great idea!!! you have so many amazing recipes- they cannot be lost!!

OH DO MAKE S’more flavored!! im so intrigued as to what those would look like!?

33. emma says:

lol! oops! i must make a pizzert soon!…..make cream soda cupcakes!

34. that dessert pizza looks amaazing. I just started reading your blog recently so love the idea of you highlighting old posts. I may make this tonight!

35. A…savory…recipe? Haha kidding, I look forward to it! You are such a dessert queen though, I love it!!

36. I love all of these options! I’ve only made them with blueberries. I can’t believe I haven’t tried the cake batter version!

37. YUMMY!!!! I love PIZZERTS!!! 😀

38. I love this! I always forget about great recipes that other bloggers (and myself!) have in their recipe archives….this a great way to remind me of some of the amazing recipes I still want (HAVE!) to try! Thanks Katie!

39. Yum I think I might make a pizzert tomorrow. I’ve been surrounded by coffee all day today so my vote is for tiramisu or a mocha cupcake

40. A tiramisu or smores cupcake would be so good!! Or a mint chocolate chip type cupcake would be delish too. And the pizzert…is totally making a guest appearance at my breakfast table tomorrow!! I love the idea of you highlighting older recipes :)

41. So, I’m pretty much thinking the cake batter pizzert is on the breakfast menu this morning 😉

42. What a great idea – I am new to your blog and so there is so much I could have missed!

43. cupcakes! you make the best designs on them- flavor has nil impact on my life but you are a true icing artist

44. Vanessa says:

Katie, do you chew gum? And if so, what kind?

1. I don’t really ever chew gum. Sorry :(

45. BroccoliHut says:

I just made carrot cupcakes a few days ago in honor of my parents’ visit this weekend–they gobbled them right up! A vegan version would be awesome.

46. juliet says:

I eat the same thing for breakfast every day… well, variations on the same thing. I always have oatmeal; usually I put apples and cinnamon in the oatmeal, and depending on my mood, I’ll mix in flax seed or chopped walnuts/almonds or soy milk or cocoa powder (or all four)!

47. I like your spot light ideas Katie! Your recipes are overflowing, which we like :)

Red velvet is always a delicious choice, but they all sound great!

48. Hailey says:

My god those look delicious! The peanut butter Pizzert looks to die for. Great idea revisiting old favourites – I really appreciate it especially since I’m a newbie!

49. Jennifer JCD says:

We love pizzerts! Oh, and the brekkie polenta recipe was a HUGE hit in our house. We’ve made it twice already.

Root beer float cupcakes are my favourite (Google the recipe) but the S’mores and Cookies and Cream ones from VCTOTW are our favourites. The lime coconut ones are very delicious too!

1. I’ve been wanting to make a cream soda cupcake!

50. Faye says:

These look delicious… I need to go and buy some sprinkles asap!

51. Brandi says:

I think you should make the s’mores cupcakes! Who wouldn’t love a s’more in cupcake form?

52. Alana says:

I make a chocolate chip gluten free one every single night! love them as do my kids which is an awesome alternative to,..EVERYTHING! Thank you. Also, had a craving for pizza but g free pizzas are way too expensive so I thought of these! I used olive oil and a pinch of italian seasoning and sprinkled on my fav veggies and WOW! Hits the spot every time! THANKS

1. Ooh yum, I love your idea for a savory version!

53. Sabrina says:

Hi Katie,

I would like to make a savory pizzert (I know, this defies the pizzert!), and I am just starting to get into cooking and baking (thanks to you!). I would like to add vegetables (and take out the sugar obviously) such as zucchini, mushrooms, and onions, but I was wondering if the vegetables should be cooked before I mix them in the pizzert to be baked? I basically don’t know if the baking time is enough to cook the vegetables thoroughly or whether I should pre-cook them. Also, do you have any recommendations on spices to add to such a pizzert? Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I make your cookie pie at LEAST twice a week – my boyfriend and I can’t get enough of it!

54. Sabrina says:

Haha ok my second post of the night – what can I say I am obsessed with your blog! I would also like to make a lemon blueberry pizzert. Incorporating the blueberries is easy, but what about the lemon? Any ideas on how to incorporate that? There is the juice of course, but throwing in the grated rind would seem strange to me, as the texture of the rind is probably not that pleasant. Again, your advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. if you have any other recipes (besides your lemon poppyseed muffins) that are “lemony” please share! I’ve been looking all over for healthy lemon sweets as the warm weather is approaching, but most I’ve found are quite fattening and sugary :(

1. Unfortunately, I really never know how something will turn out until I try! I’m not a trained cook, so everything I do is trial and error. But edible experiments are always fun :).

I am trying to figure out lemon bars… sadly right now I think the muffins are my only lemon recipe! Someday…

1. Oh, and for your first question, I’d not pre-cook the veggies. And spices depend on what veggies you use! Maybe oregano and basil?