Funfetti Blondies

One of my friends is a first-year kindergarten teacher. She wanted to bring in a treat for the kids, to celebrate the end of their school year.

So she looked through my list of Chocolate Covered Katie 500+ Healthy Dessert Recipes.

blondblurmmost

After much deliberation, she finally decided on blondies. We spent the afternoon in the kitchen, making blondies for her lucky students.

funfetti blondie

We used the recipe for my White Bean Blondies, then we threw in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles (pre-baking). We also subbed a combination of applesauce and oil for the peanut butter, because snacks at my friend’s school must be peanut-free. Here’s the modified recipe:

Funfetti Blondies

(makes 15-20 squares)

• 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • level 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar or xylitol
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats (20g)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or Earth Balance or veg or coconut oil)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 2-4 tbsp sprinkles, plus more for the tops if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Optional: for “prettiness” you can stick some chocolate chips on top of the batter as well. Bake for around 30 minutes. They’ll look a little undercooked when you take them out, but they firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get too hard.

—> View Funfetti Blondies Nutrition Info <—

CSC_0012

What are your favorite vacation spots?

I want to plan a vacation for this summer, and have no idea where to go. I’m leaning towards NYC, since it’s one of my favorite places in the world and I usually go there every summer. But maybe I should try something different. California, Portland, Boston… all are in the running!

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Lauren says:

Those look amazing! Who cares what foodgawker says – I love that picture!

1. Oh lol I wouldn’t submit it! But sometimes, some of the ones I DON’T submit are my favorites… like Fred the cake pop :).

2. Jen says:

Boston is great in the summer! There are so many great places in Boston and Cambridge to explore, and you can get out to the beach pretty easily to take advantage of the short nice weather season :)

3. Camille says:

Haha, great list and here’s why: I used to live in California, I currently live near Portland and Boston is my favorite US city :)
    If you end up going to California or Portland, let me know so we can meet up!

4. um i can answer this one for you….. LONDON

ps. funfetti is the shittizle

1. Wait, but you’re coming to Tx, right? When when when??? :)

5. LONDON LONDON LONDON!! No wait, I’m not here this summer, so HAWAII this year and then LONDON next, okay?! Great we have your itinery sorted :)

And when you come, can you bring those please?! I love me some blondies, specially funfetti style! 😀

1. Hawaii… ok! But forget vacation… I want to MOVE to Hawaii :).

6. Jennifer JCD says:

Funfetti nut-free blondies. Brilliant!

Favourite holiday spots: Banff (or Jasper), Alberta, Canada (mountains!!! and gardens and hot springs and cute shops and hiking, etc. and free personal tour guide = me); Chicago (art gallery, orchestra, science museum, theatre, architecture, etc.); Disney! (Anything Disney gets 100 bonus points from me: Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney’s resorts/hotels in random other American towns); and San Francisco is really pretty and there’s lots to do there too. If you’re feeling like a trip up North, there’s 24-hour daytime golfing in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada; an Alaskan cruise (or just hanging out in Alaska) is unbelievably scenic and relaxing; Prince Edward Island, Canada has the Anne of Green Gables house, among other things. Ahhh… can you tell I’m dreaming of holidays?

7. Leashieloo says:

Lucky students is right! I’m so jealous, I want these goodies!

Favorite vacay spots: London, Costa Rica, Las Vegas, and Hawaii.

8. Aisatsana says:

Those photographs are beautiful! Please let us know how the kids like the blondies. I always want to take healthy treats to share with others, but sometimes no one else will touch them. :( I love your blog, Katie, and thanks for the blogging tips yesterday!

1. Aww thank you so so much! I will definitely ask my friend what they thought!

9. Val says:

Take your vacation in CANADA!!!

10. Wow those blondies look amazing. I love anything Funfetti 😀

11. I am going to San Fran for the first time in 3 weeks. I can’t tell you how awesome it is because I haven’t been there yet.. but I know there are SO many things to see.. like Wine Country.. Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Trolleys.. all the history that the city has! AHh I am SOOO excitedjust writing this! :)

1. Haha when I went there, I was excited for the Barbie museum ;).

12. Emily says:

I have coconut blondies in the oven! I subbed coconut butter for the pb, coconut flavoring for vanilla, and shredded coconut for chocolate chips! They are smelling divine.

My favorite vacation spot is also NYC…so I’m not much help.

1. Ooo do tell me how it turns out with the coconut butter! :)

1. Emily says:

They were soooo good! I only had about 2.5 Tbs. of coconut butter left so I used applesauce for the rest. I’m sure it would have been good with the full amount though.

1. I’m going to have to try it!

13. Ragnhild says:

I love your photos- so pretty! Im not a big sprikles, dont like the taste of them.. but they do make beatiful treats 😉
    Oh, go to NYC! I love love love New York, but have only been there twice! My favorit vacation was when I went to Belize! I was lucky enought to get the trip (all included + salary) from 2 members at my gym, so I could be theys nanny for 2 weeks! It was the best vacation EVER!

14. Lauren W says:

Those blondies are adorable! I’m sure the kindergarteners loved them!

15. Jenny says:

I LOVED chocolate sprinkles as a child. My mom would even make me a chocolate sprinkle sandwich on rare occasions, as a special treat… so I love sprinkles. <3 The chocolate ones are the best, IMO, but the rainbow ones are okay too… At least they're prettier, right? Haha.

Beautiful photos, as usual – that's the trend on your blog lately! Gorgeous photos + interesting, well-written posts… Hm wait, I think that's been a trend on your blog for a really long time now…

For vacation… CEBU, the Philippines. It's gorgeous. 😀 And costs a fortune to go… Otherwise, I second what someone else said: Disneyland! in California or Florida, maybe? Or Vancouver, BC, Canada – absolutely b-e-a-u-tiful in the summertime!

1. Chocolate sprinkle sandwich????!
      I used to take nutella sandwiches to school (way before it was popular!), but this sounds even more exciting!

16. VeggieGirl says:

Favorite vacation spots = anywhere with my best friend; and NYC 😀

17. Maddie says:

Oh! You should visit Provence Town, Massachusetts. It’s this adorable little sea town with lots of restaurants and activities during the summer. It’s pretty close to Boston too! I might be going there this summer and I’m super excited! You could also go to The Fairy Festival. It’s right outside Eugene,Oregon and I’ve heard it’s AMAZING! Plus,you’d make an awesome fairy! :)

1. Woah, fairy festival? That sounds like so much fun! I’m going to google it right now!

18. Hela says:

I bet the kids love them!!
    I vote for IRELAND :) the best place on earth!! so beautiful and you can even go watching whale and dolphins!
    btw, my mum loves you! I made the Raw Chocolate Fudge last night and yep, now she is in love 😀 And so am I! I cannot believe I haven´t tried it til now!! It is uber delicious!! Tastes like mousse au chocolate- veganized :)

1. I am SO excited you made it! Of all my recipes, I think that one is my favorite!

1. Hela says:

Me too!! Honestly, it is sooooooooooooooooooo good!! I think it´s gonna become a staple dessert of mine, that is for sure!! Thanks again, Katie, you are a total star!! xx

19. Lisa Fine says:

These look so cute. I’m more of a chocolate sprinkles girl…could you make a recipe of one of your treats using chocolate sprinkles instead? [I know they look boring, but I think they taste better.]

I think NYC is always a fun place to visit. I love traveling overseas too, and try go on a big trip once a year. Even though it can be more expensive, I don’t mind spending a lot for a ticket to go to a place that’s cheaper to travel to [like Thailand or India or something.] Curious to hear what you pick!

1. Oh definitely! You can always sub chocolate sprinkles for any of my funfetti recipes :).

20. Lisa says:

ahhh i live in NYC- come visit me! You can go to the fabulous Peanut Butter & Co sandwich shop :) so good!

1. You live in NYC?!? LUCKY!!!