Chocolate-Strawberry Hugs

I am speechless.

And that doesn’t happen often.

I can’t believe the response to the post on My Big Decision.

Over 300 of the sweetest, most heartfelt comments (and facebook messages, emails, and tweets), and each one made me smile more than the one before it. No wait, that’s not true. They all made me smile the same: a ton! I thought about the kindness involved for someone to take time out of his or her day in order to make someone else’s day brighter. We all lead such busy lives, yet so many of you stopped to wish me well. Reading your comments, I actually started to cry. (I feel silly admitting this, but it’s true!) Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart.

Today’s breakfast mirrored my bright and happy mood:

melted banana trick1

And it tasted absolutely delicious:

Chocolate-Strawberry Hugs Oatmeal

• 1 serving raw oats (40g)
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries (100g)
  • salt (I used very scant 1/4 tsp)
  • about 1 cup water or milk of choice (240g)
  • 1-3 tbsp creamer (I used 15g Silk)
  • chocolate chips
  • sweetener: I didn’t use any, but most people will want some.*

*In place of sugar, you can use the Melted Banana Trick.

Procedure: The night before, I microwave the oats, salt, and water in a large pyrex measuring cup for 3 minutes (2 minutes if using quick oats). Then I leave it in the microwave for 5 more minutes before transferring—uncovered—to the fridge. Next day, I add the other ingredients, stir, and microwave again until the berries melt into the oats. You can even blend it all together if you wish! The Magic Bullet is great for this. As for the chocolate… well, everyone knows that strawberries and chocolate go great together, right? So add some chips, nibs, powder, whatever!

I feel so classy eating oatmeal from a pretty glass.

Classy is the new weird.

melted banana

After breakfast, I lounged around in my pjs sweaty running gear (sorry, tmi?) and read incredible comment after incredible comment.

Seriously, I could not get over all the incredible comments!!

This guy caught up on some reading, too:

henry 14

And then he took a nap.

henry 9

For tomorrow’s recipe post, how about “readers’ choice”?

Your Choice:

• PB&J Blondies
  • Rice Crispy Treat Babies
  • Banana Bon Bons
  • Flourless Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Or a surprise? Tomorrow’s post will be for whichever recipe gets the most votes.

And thank you all again!!!

Tags: , , ,

1. Amanda says:

Rice Crispy Treat Babies, please! (Says one sweaty-running-gear-wearing girl to the other)

2. Heather says:

I vote rice krispie babies! I love your blog. Your food photos are gorgeous!

3. Isn’t the blogging community amazing?? I’m so glad we were able to make you so happy, because you make US happy on a daily basis with your delicious recipes and your happy-go-lucky posts!

I vote banana bon bons!! I have about 15 bananas sitting in my fridge!

4. Rice Crispy Treat Babies! Love Rice Krispies!!!

5. Annie says:

rice krispie treat babies please!!!!

6. PB&J Blondies! Whatever it is though, I’m sure it will be inspiring…

7. Victoria says:

rice crispy treat babies! or a surprise 🙂

8. Hannah says:

Girl, you promised skinny fudge babies! Are those still coming?? Love your blog!!

1. Yes!! Honestly, I just haven’t gotten around to making a batch for a photoshoot yet! But you can always ask for any of my recipes in advance, and I’ll quickly jot it down in the comment section :).

1. Hannah says:

yayy! Would you mind doing that with the skinny fudge babies (or any skinny babies)? I’m so excited!

1. I haven’t made them in a while, but if I remember correctly, it’s basically just the peanut butter babies’ recipe with coconut flour subbed (in an equal amount) for the pb if you wanna make skinny samoas babies, and pb2 (which, I think, is just peanut flour?) subbed for the peanut butter if you want to make skinny pb babies (or skinny chocolate pb babies).

9. PB&J Blondies! And I agree about the skinny fudge!!

SOoglad we can rest easy knowing CCK isn’t going anywhere 🙂 Seriously, as new vegan blogger you are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for all you do and all you make! I LOVE your blog!

10. Banana Bon Bons?! What the heck, I need to see those!!!!!!! Haha

Congrats on your big decisions, I am sure you will find much happiness and success!

11. I vote PB&J Blondies, but only because I’m craving blondies like WHOAH!

12. Flourless chocolate chip cookies please! Those sound like fabulous voluminous ice cream toppers 😀 Breakfast looks beautiful. I’m glad you’re in such a wonderful state of mind and much luck to your future. It truly seems bright!

13. Hmmm… what are bon bons? Any way– they sound really good! MY vote: Banana Bon Bons 😀

1. Little chocolates, filled with stuff… kinda like truffles! Often, they’re filled with ice cream.

14. I vote for the surprise! I looooove surprises 😀 But I know all the recipes will be incredible, so I’m happy with whatever one wins! 🙂 And those chocolate strawberry bomb oats…. I need to get strawberries so I can make it asap!

Awww I’m so glad you enjoyed all the comments! You deserve them SO much. You really do! 😀

<3 <3

15. judy says:

Banana bonbons. I LOVE banana 🙂

16. Jennifer says:

Hard choices, they all sound so intriguing…. ok, flourless chocolate chip cookies! Chocolate always wins, right? 🙂

17. Flourless chocoate chip cookies, for sure! x

18. Shiona says:

PB&J Blondies!! mmmmm…

19. flourless choc. cookies!!

20. Emma says:

Banana bonbons! I’m intrigued!