Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raspberry Marzipan Muffins… for two!

Good morning sunshine.

vegan raspberry muffin

Sweet red raspberries.

This morning, I made a batch of Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins.

For sure, one of my favorite muffin recipes.

I’d forgotten how incredible these muffins are!! I could easily eat the batter with a spoon. Or rather, I do often eat the batter with a spoon… and then I am surprised when my muffins are small!

vegan raspberry muffin

healthy raspberry muffin

Bad, bad lighting so early in the morning… but there was no way I wanted to prolong eating my muffin to wait for the sunshine. Would you have that much self-control, with a homemade muffin staring you in the face??? Anyway, they were still prettier than the last ones.

Your Choice:

• Peanut Butter Milkshake
  • Hot Chocolate Lava Cake
  • Photography Tips post
  • Cinnamon-Raisin Bread
  • EDIT! Flourless chocolate chip cookies! A reader reminded me that I’d listed these in the last “your choice” post, and then I forgot to post them. So sorry for the forgetfulness… I will post them tomorrow. Promise!

What would you like to see next?

Tomorrow’s post will be for whichever gets the most votes.

Also, I did start to write the photography post, but it turns out I have too many thoughts for just one post. I’d bore y’all to tears! Instead, would there be enough interest in a weekly “photography tips” post? (If not, that’s ok too!)

P.S. In case you were wondering, the muffin is topped with Vanilla-Fudge Frosting.

1. Lenna says:

Hi Katie, even though we have evening here already, your muffins still brighten my day :) Raspberry + marzipan is the best combo ever!! I would be really interested in you Photography Tips post, because I need to improve my photography skills so much and you are the master of beautiful pictures!

2. I want Hot Chocolate Lava Cake!!!!!! The name alone is delicious 😀

3. Emma says:

That looks amazing! I looove raspberries!

I vote cinnamon-raisin bread :)

1. I second that! CINNAMON RAISEN BREAD FORVER!!! 😉 (Can that count as a couple of votes because of the font size?)

1. Laura says:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread!!

4. Sarah says:

PEANUT BUTTER MILKSHAKE!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

1. Kate says:

That gets my vote too! :)

5. Hot chocolate lava cake!!!

6. bassitos says:

Lava Cake or Photo tips….humm hum um ):

i think i would go with photo tips (:

7. Leslie says:

Oh wow, Katie, those really do look beautiful. And it’s amazing to see how much your photos have improved from the last time you posted these (not that they weren’t pretty then, too, but these are in a whole different ballpark).
    I would love to see some peanut butter milkshake action :).

8. PBnJ Fam says:

HOT CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE!!!!! “Wow, My whole mouth just filled with saliva!!” (which friends episode was that from?) :0) All of them sound like great posts… but my vote is the lava cake!

1. PBnJ Fam says:

Oh yeah… *side note*…. How do you get your frosting so beautifully white?? Whenever I make that recipe it ends up a mucky off white (ish) color…

1. If you leave out the cinnamon (as I did for these cupcakes), it’ll be whiter. But other than that… LOL that’s what photoshop is for! 😉 Brightness/contrast is one of my favorite photo-editing tools.

9. Lisa C says:

I vote for the peanut butter milkshake. Or maybe more raspberry muffins… I could look at those all day!

10. Cindy says:

Please Hot Chocolate Lave Cake! Yum!

11. Victoria says:

Oh my goodness everything sounds AMAZING! Cinnamon raisin bread is my one true love, though, so I’d love to see a recipe of that first!

12. Em says:

Oh I’m with Sarah! PB Shake for me!

1. Em says:

Although maybe I’m not quite as emphatic as Sarah about it LOL!

13. PHOTO POSST. Or Lava Cake. I can’t decide!
    There’s no way you could ever bore us to tears girly 😉

14. Lori says:

Hot Chocolate Lava Cake for sure!

15. Alicia says:

I vote for the chocolate hot lava cake… It sounds super yummo!!!

16. Erika K says:

Wow, such a hard choice! How about a raspberry marzipan milkshake, where you crumble up one of those beauties into shake form? No? Well then, I’ll have to go with the peanut butter shake ;).

17. Rebecca says:

Hot Chocolate lava cake…this is a chocolate covered blog right? lol

18. These look beautiful! I can’t wait to see any post but Lava Cake is calling my name 😉

19. ketapang says:

Lava cake! I was recently in Brazil where every restaurant seemed to be serving these delectable-looking but non-vegan cakes. Can’t wait to try one!

20. I’d love to see the Hot Chocolate Lava Cake!

21. L says:

PB Milkshake, pretty please!

22. Kate says:

I’d be happy with ANYthing you decide to post, because your blog is my #1 favorite. But if I HAVE to choose, I’ll say the peanut butter milkshake sounds perfect right about now because it’s so hot! But I’m interested in the photography posts too!

23. krickit6 says:

Mm, yum! I made these a while ago and I do believe its time for them again.. thanks for the reminder! lol!

I would LOVE to see the cinnamon raisin bread recipe tomorrow! :-)

THANKS! :-)

24. Ashley says:

Gorgeous! And um, chocolate lava cake please please:)

25. Lauren says:

I am a pb addict, so my vote is for that :).

GORGEOUS photos!!!

26. Valerie says:

Are you kidding? I don’t even have a blog and yet I’d STILL love to see your photography posts! I could stare at your dessert photos nonstop!
    As for tomorrow, the milkshake sounds really good :).

27. Bekah says:

Hot chocolate lava cake!

Though to be honest it’s a tie between that one and cinnamon raisin bread lol

28. Shelly says:

good god, let there be ….. LAVA CAKE!

29. I would love to see a photography tips post!

30. Megan says:

These muffins look so beautiful! Don’t you just love berry season?! My vote for is for hot chocolate lava cakes! I am on a chocolate kick after having your raw chocolate fudge cake last night…AMAZING. Ingenious, Katie. I loved the intense chocolate taste! As I was spreading it in the pan, it reminding me of brownie batter and I thought how tasty it would be to swirl in tofutti cream cheese…like cheesecake brownies/fudge!

1. Oh my word, please DO that! And then send me some. It sounds insanely delicious!

31. Barb says:

I’d love to read a photography post! I’m not really into photography that much, but often you post so many recipes in a week it is hard to keep up with trying them all :) I’d love to read more about your photography hobby, weekly posts are a great idea!

1. LOL and I try to space them out! I could so easily post one every single day ;).

32. Kerstin says:

Three words- hot.lava.cake :-) Im enjoying your blog so much. I just made lara bars and some shakes and my whole family including my three year old and anti healthy food hubby loved it all. I know that cake would contribute greatly to my healthy can taste good protest! I also vote photo tips. Food and photography are two of my loves in life. Thanks!!!

1. Aww thank YOU for trying my recipes… it makes me SO happy!

33. I hope you ate BOTH of the “for two” muffins!! And show me peanut butter milkshake!

I would love a weekly photography tips post :)

34. ash says:

PB SHAKE PLEASE PLEASE

35. M says:

Oh my WORD they are beautiful! I think you have more self control than you give yourself credit for. I would’ve eaten them before the photoshoot! Oh, and I vote for the pb milkshake. Yum!

36. They all sound great but PB Milkshake gets my vote!

37. Andrea says:

Cinnamon raisin bread would be the best! :)

38. Végébon says:

Your pictures are gorgeous !! I need to find strawberries and make this recipe :).

Btw, is the frosting your tofu-cashew butter recipe ? It looks SO yummy ! As I can’t find fim siken tofu here in France, I may try soft silken tofu but I wonder the frosting will be runny…

1. Nope, it’s the vanilla-fudge frosting linked at the very end of this post :).

39. yup. im making those muffins today. probably in a few minutes actually!

im going to probably be the weird one and vote for the photography tips. because i need them! haha.

40. Yes weekly photography tips would be much appreciated! That’s what I need the most help on I think, haha. And even though all those recipes sound amazing, I’m most curious to see the cinnamon raisin bread!

41. Kim says:

Lava cake please

42. Elle says:

I vote for cinnamon raisin bread!

43. Maria Davis says:

Hi Katie,
    I love your blog! I tell all my friends about it :).
    You like chocolate even more than I do! I love all your photos, too, and your recipes :).
    Pb milkshake sounds sooooo good!

44. Elizabeth says:

I do want the photography tips, but tomorrow I would like the lava cake!!!!!

45. Jenny says:

First, the vote: Hot Chocolate Lava Cake! Definitely. The Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Chili’s that my family used to order when we went there sometimes was divine… Of course, it’s also probably one of the absolute worst desserts you can put into your body. I’m not sure I even want to think about the ingredients for that one… But a Lava Cake that has been CCK-ified?! I’m 100% interested and all for that! :)

Hmm I’ve never had marzipan. What does it taste like?! Is it sweet? Well anything with raspberries is bound to be delicious, although raspberry season has sadly already come and gone up here… I can’t believe summer is almost over! I loved all your summer creations, but also look forward to whatever fall-themed recipes you might come up with this year. 😀

Hope you have a great week ahead of you!

1. It is sweet… marzipan is just almond meal and sugar (I think). I just use almond extract in this recipe, for the same taste :).

46. Melissa says:

That is a gorgeous muffin! I wouldn’t have been able to keep my paws off of it, either–and a warm muffin at that! Nothing better.

Lava cake. Now and forever. Amen.

47. Julia says:

I’d definitely like to see a chocolate lava cake. I was browsing through my local grocery store and found one but it was RIDICULOUSLY terrible for you, and I’d love to see a healthy alternative :) Keep up the good work!

48. Kara says:

I would be VERY interested to see how you can healthify a pb milkshake! I’m a HUGE fan of your cake batter shake! :)
    And I am so making these muffins. Today!