Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Milkshake

vegan peanut butter milkshake

What did you say?

I’m supposed to write commentary for this post?

I can’t think straight right now, so that might present a problem. All that’s going through my brain is:

peanut butter cookie dough. peanut butter cookie dough. peanut butter cookie dough.

vegan peanut butter shake

Wait, was I saying something?

I lost my train of thought again.

vegan pb shake

PB Cookie Dough Shake

(serves 1)

• 1 frozen large banana, as ripe as possible
  • 1-3 tbsp peanut butter (or another nut butter or sun butter)
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice (For a rich, “ice cream”-like shake, try using full-fat canned coconut milk. Use more or less milk, depending on desired thickness.)
  • pb cookie dough of choice (or try this recipe: healthy PB Cookie Dough Cookies.)
  • Optional: vanilla extract, a pinch of sea salt, chocolate syrup or cocoa powder

Blend everything together until smooth. Over the top, crumble the cookie dough (or the linked recipe).

vegan peanut butter milkshake

The cute straws are from my visit to Fishs Eddy.

As is the milkshake glass. I really wish they’d open one of those stores in Texas. And even my wallet wouldn’t mind; the gorgeous glass was all of $3.50!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. This is my daughter’s favorite smoothie combination. It’s so good!

2. Sara says:

That is without a doubt the prettiest picture I have ever seen.
    EVER!

1. Thanks, Sara! It’s one of my favorites too… funny, because it made a mess! At first, I accidentally poured it all over the table as I was trying to take a picture!

3. Holy cow that looks amazing!! This is my husband’s absolute favorite! Thank you!

A flavor that I think would be awesome is a chocolate Tiramisu! You can’t go without the chocolate!

4. Red Velvet Cake would be awesome! Maybe lemon meringue pie?

5. I think PB cookie dough milkshake sounds like the best thing EVER!! I am getting hungry just LOOKING at it, and I’ve just had lunch! 😛

I am definitely going to make those cookies. And then the milkshake mmmmm… :)

6. Hmmm… I don’t really drink milkshakes… Have never drank any before! But by the sound of the ingredients, I would love tiramisu milkshake!!! 😀

7. Erin says:

I can’t think of a good flavor, because all I can think of right now is this!

8. Yes! I want me a red velvet cake smoothie!

9. Jen Ross says:

OMG! This looks so amazing! You are so right… no commentary needed, the pictures do it all.

10. I’m really excited to see this recipe because I have bananas that are ripe-as-can be! I’m definitely making this as soon as I get home. How do you think Nutella would be instead of pb?! (It’s my new obsession!)

1. Ooh I love the idea of using a flavored nut butter! Definitely try it!

11. caramel-apple all the way!!!!!!!!!! and it is almost pumpkin season again… I am soooo excited!!!!!!!

12. Gen says:

Yuuum!!!!! That milkshake looks sooo awesome! 😀

13. I would die for a butterfingers milkshake (all-natural, of course!)

14. Ragnhild says:

Oh my gosh!
    I have no word!
    Only <3

15. Demelza says:

That has to be one of the cutest photos I’ve seen on your blog, Katie. *love*

Desserts that come to mind for fun shake flavors: angel food cake (my all-time favorite dessert, haha), Boston Cream Pie (…? Don’t know why, don’t think I’ve ever had that), German Chocolate Cake Shake (it rhymes!), Cotton Candy, Sugar Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake…whee…

1. Anonymous says:

Could you post your sugar cookie recipe some time, Katie? 😮

16. Yum a tiramisu milkshake sounds like a great idea! How about pumpkin or pecan pie?

17. Hannah says:

I have no words just :O
    I think a lemon meringue pie flavoured shake would be delish.
    x

18. Lisa says:

This is totally off topic, but I’m wandering around the grocery store and need to know if coconut butter and coconut oil are the same :)

1. No, they are not the same. Check out the faq on the premierorganics website.

19. Yum that looks good. I am not a fan of real milkshakes, I always think they are so rich and leave me thirsty, but this one looks good with the banana. I think banana and toffee (like banoffee pie) would be a good combo. Not sure how you would do the toffee flavour though?

1. Hmmm… I don’t even really know what toffee is. Caramel mixed with chocolate? I mean, of course I’ve had it before, but I never really thought about how it’s made!

20. Ruthiey says:

Katie! I was just watching this music video by Selena Gomez (yes, I am eleven years old) and I saw that at 1:09-1:10 she looks just like you! Watch it!

1. LOL!
      And at first I scrolled too far and saw her in a white wig. I was like, “I hope I don’t look like that!” 😉