Meet my new Puppy!

Yesterday morning’s weather was abominable.

Abominable.

Like the snowman.

snickerdoodle oatmeal

Thankfully, breakfast made up for the weather.

snickerdoodle oatmeal

Warm, cinnamony Snickerdoodle Oatmeal.

Dear spellchecker, “cinnamony” is too a word. Don’t you know anything??

Usually, rainy days are reserved for staying inside with a warm drink and a good book. Yesterday, however, I had somewhere special to go. October is “Adopt a Pet” month, and even though I’m not over the death of my dog (and I never will be), I know I can offer a good home to a lonely puppy.

bat dog

Can you believe this guy was scheduled to be euthanized?

He looked so sad in his crate; it would’ve been impossible to not take him home. If you’re ever thinking of buying a dog, please consider adoption so that adorable pups like this one won’t be put down.

batman dog

I really want to call him Batman. (Check out those ears!) But my sister informs me this would be cruel and I must give him a proper name. So far, he-who-must-not-be-named seems to be getting along with Henry, my other dog. Henry pretty much ignores the puppy.

Grumpy Henry.

1. How adorable!! I just adopted a little kitty from a shelter and named her Latte. I love her more and more every minute!

1. Anonymous says:

My cat’s name is Chai Latte. 😉

2. Ashley says:

I just got a 5 yr old pug a few months ago, because her owner had died and the family didn’t want her, and the only thing left was to take her to the pound, so we took her. I’ve always wanted a pug, and now that I have her, I can’t imagine anything else. She is adorable! I didn’t have to worry about names, since she already had one: Elsa. Congrats on the new puppy!

3. Megan says:

What a cutie! You should totally name him Batman.

4. Stina says:

Your puppy is absolutely adorable! What kind of dog is he?

I think Batman is a perfectly acceptable name, but then again, I named my dog Maxwell Edison, and my kitten Sgt. Pepper (both after Beatle’s songs.) I really want to adopt another dog (specifically a chihuahua or weiner dog), but I don’t have space for another animal in my condo. 🙁

1. They say he’s a chihuaua, but he really doesn’t look like one to me. I think maybe he’s 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 something else (Rat terrier, maybe?). His face just doesn’t look like a chihuahua’s.

And Oh my word, I love your dogs’ names!

1. vicki says:

he looks like he’s part miniature doberman minture to me. Except for those ears. His eye’s don’t seem ‘buggy’ enough to be a chihuaua.

2. Kenzie says:

chiweenie 🙂

5. What a cutie! I have two dogs. Prince a little black terrier looking dog and baxter a golden retriever! Love them to pieces!

6. He’s soooooo cute!!!! Oh, just name him ‘Batman’! He shouldn’t be nameless! He’ll be sad… just look at his eyes! I love him! 😀

7. Genevieve says:

He looks so sweet when he’s sleepy! Apparently Batman did have a dog named Ace the Bat-Hound, so you could call him that! I don’t think it’s cruel – he will feel like a superhero!

8. Alyssa S says:

He is so cute! And he totally looks like a Batman!

9. Kelly J. R. says:

Congrats on your new pup! I have two border collies – both adopted from local shelters. I wouldn’t do it any other way.

10. Bethany says:

Call him Batman! That’s an awesome name! He’s adorable!

11. Synne says:

hahah, you should totally name him batman!! It was the first thing that popped into my head when i saw the pictures 😛 I don’t think it would be cruel, batman is awesome, he has superpowers!! And it is totally normal to name pets after fictional figures, my aunt has a cat named pocahontas (Then again, she’s a bit of a crazy-cat lady with 3 cats…)

1. Sam says:

Oh dear, I didn’t know I already reached crazy-cat lady status. I have four! (and two dogs and a snake, but they’re split between two people, so maybe that makes it okay?)

1. Hahah I want to be a crazy cat lady someday! I wonder if Henry would tolerate a cat…

1. Sam says:

Maybe! How does he react to them when he comes across them? We adopted one of our dogs as an “older” dog (he was about two), and I was soo nervous that he wouldn’t get along with my cats (they’re my babies!). Asides from thinking that they should be bopped on the head, they tolerate each other rather well.

1. Henry? Ha! He’s scared of everything!

12. Ragnhild says:

Oh he is adorable! Please call him Batman- I LOVE that name!
    You are seriously adorable too! such a beautiful photo of you Katie!

13. Page says:

Aww what a cutie. Totally looks like a Batman to me. 🙂 Yep we’ve got a dog and some fish. Probably going to get a kitty soon but we’re not ready yet.

14. Bridget says:

Since you have a grumpy old henry ( which reminds me of Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady), I’m compelled to suggest ‘Colonel Pickering’ as a name. 😉 ( I love that movie!)

1. Tiph says:

‘Colonel Pickering… haha! That’s awesome! hahaha! 🙂

15. Jolene says:

I have two adopted pups! Bowser is a four year old terrier mix from Puerto Rico. And Ripley is my big girl, a catahoula leopard dog mix from Tennessee who I met through the NEADS program!

I love your new pup and you should ABSOLUTELY name him Batman.

16. Demelza says:

If your sister won’t go for Batman, perhaps Bruce Wayne? ;]

17. AWWWW I WANT HIM!! so so cute!! And Batman is a GREAT name- I used to have a dog called Batman so I’m biased 😉

18. I kind of love the name Batman!! Unfortunately, I don’t have any pets because my mom and brother are severely allergic!

19. Your new pup looks kind of like a bochi (Boston terrier/chihuahua mix). Do you happen to know if this is the case?

1. Ooh maybe! They told me he was a chihuahua, but (as I wrote to another commenter) I don’t think he looks like one. So perhaps you’re right. And that would be super-cool because my sister went to Boston University, and their mascot is the Boston terrier :).

20. lazysmurf says:

OMG he is so cute and I think Batman would be an awesome name, then you could find a cute bat themed Halloween collar!