Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

Just try to keep your spoon out of this:

dip white1

Oh forget it.

Resistance is futile.

I made this pumpkin cookie dough dip for a Halloween party on Saturday. But it almost didn’t get there. My roommate and I had a difficult time taking the dip out of the food processor… we kept stealing more and more tastes!

pumpkin dip3

The guests at the party experienced a similar difficulty leaving this dip alone. Even people who said they didn’t like pumpkin were begging for the recipe.

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

Inspired by my Chocolate Pizookie Pie.

• 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (or sweet potato)
  • 1 can white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed very well
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • brown sugar (see below for notes on how much, and substitutions)
  • 1 and 1/2 T vegetable or coconut oil (or nut butter, if you’d rather)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • milk of choice, as needed (I used 1 and 1/2 tbsp almond milk)

This could not be easier: just combine everything in a food processor (not a blender, for best results) and whirl until VERY smooth.

View Nutrition Facts

As for sugar: I used 1/2 cup brown sugar (which is cut down from the amount called for in my regular cookie dough dip). If you want a pumpkin dip with absolutely no added sugar whatsoever, see the above “nutrition facts” link. And if you wish to use other sweeteners, I’m sure that’d be fine. (Using Sucanat might give it a fun “gingerbread-y” taste.)

dip white1

Seriously, go grab a spoon.

Question of the Day:

Are you tired of pumpkin yet?

For pumpkin overload, here’s a fun link: Healthy Pumpkin Recipes.

I’ve been trying to space them out, especially since I know not everyone likes pumpkin. But there are still a few more I want to post, including pumpkin brownies and chocolate-pumpkin pie!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Yum!! I would love to attend a party where you bring your fabulous treats! :-)
    This is a perfect seasonal dish!! :-)

1. Michaela says:

I thought exactly the same 😀
      Her friends are SO lucky!

2. Um. Yum. And I’m not tired of pumpkin. At all. Just ate five pumpkin pancakes this mornin!!! I don’t see myself slowin down for pumpkin any time soon,..

3. Kimberly says:

tired of pumpkin??? never 😉

4. Sounds delicious! I will never tire of pumpkin. My husband is already over it. He was over it three weeks ago. He doesn’t think that pumpkin should make an appearance until November. :)

1. Hannah says:

Good thing it’s November, then.

5. I need to dip graham crackers in this like now!!

6. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin…okay, I’m not a fan at all 😀 And with the whole blogging community on a pumpkin craze, I can’t wait for pumpkin season to be over!

1. It is a craze isn’t it? I’m not a fish fan and I can’t imagine the horrors if there was an entire season dedicated to fish. I think I’d either fall over or avoid blogs for a few months until it ended. Good luck girl!

7. WOAH. I plan on making this TODAY as soon as I get home! I can’t wait! 😀

And I could NEVER get tired of pumpkin! 😛

8. Not tired of pumpkin yet. Heck it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet! Bring it!

Love adding the beans. Makes it “healthy” ya know? Plus I love the extra protein/fiber kick!

9. love your recipes but Im curious if you need the baking powder if you are not going to be baking them?

1. The baking soda (not powder; it must be soda) is actually for flavor. You can definitely leave it out, but I my favorite cookies (and thus cookie dough) have a baking soda kick :).

10. I think there’s a while to go before anybody gets sick of pumpkin :)

11. Kit-Kat says:

Oh, yum! I can’t wait to try this out….
    I love pumpkin so much, and any winter/summer squash root veggie (like zuchinni, sweet mamas, yams, acorn squashes, etc). You should try to make a sweet potato-pecan dip for thanksgiving!

12. Heck to the no am I tired of pumpkin yet! I love the stuff. I’m considering stocking up so I have a full year’s supply throughout the year after the holidays are over. 😉 This stuff sounds amazingly delicious!!

13. Jennifer JCD says:

Oooh, yummy, and nut-free! I don’t have quick oats, so I will try this with some chopped rolled oats and see how it turns out. Looks yummy!

Tire of pumpkin? Never!

14. Sometimes I think I’ll get tired of the idea of pumpkin but as soon as I eat it that goes right out of my head again. The great thing about pumpkin is it’s so darn good for you while tasting so good – so no tiring here!

15. Sara says:

I have to say, I love how “clean” and simple your recipes are. Most of the time, when I search for vegan recipes, I still feel like I need to do a ton of things to adapt them. I don’t have time for a bunch of fussy ingredients and preparations either. I would like to request that you maaaaybe make a recipe using cranberries :) I’ve bought 2 bags of them (it seemed like a good idea in the store), and have yet to find anything very interesting to try. Thanks for all the yummy ideas!

1. I can put it on my to-do list… but lol that list is very long! 😕

16. Priya says:

if this is not to be baked, why add baking soda at all?

1. The baking soda is actually for flavor. You can definitely leave it out, but my favorite cookies (and thus cookie dough) have a baking soda kick.

17. Tami says:

Okay I have to make this! I don’t think I will ever tire of pumpkin – I love it!

18. Susan says:

Can you share some of your favorite things to dip into this or serve with it? Trying to visualize bringing it all on a platter to a ladies PJ party I’m attending this weekend. Would love suggestions from all of you.

1. It can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread (maybe in between apple slices or crackers?), eaten with a spoon, mixed into oatmeal, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes.

Good serving suggestions include graham crackers or apple slices or gingersnaps. Or anything else that people serve with regular pumpkin dip.

19. Moni'sMeals says:

This works for me! Sounds really good…

NO…. never sick of Pumpkin. It is so verstile in my kitchen I always look forward to adding it to something.

Great Recipe Katie! I hope to try it asap.

20. Oh my gosh- this looks delicious! I don’t know if mine would ever make it out of the blender either!! I love all the healthy ingredients in it too! A healthy treat that combines pumpkin and cookie dough? You are a genius!

21. Erin says:

Get out, Katie. This looks amazing. I am pumpkin obsessed and I’ve been looking forward to making your cookie dough dip… this is a perfect combination. And no, I can’t get sick of pumpkin! I’m actually eating pumpkin oatmeal right now. :) Do you foresee getting sick of it anytime soon?

1. Haha nope! And I never even considered myself a pumpkin lover!

22. Wish I was at that party! And there are never too many pumpkin recipes… Bring em on girl!

23. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of pumpkin. I’m working on building a stash for the year but I go through it so fast it’s tough!! Looks delicious :)

24. Oh goodness! Looks and sounds quite yummy! Perfect to bring for Thanksgiving! HELLO NOVEMBER! :)

25. Oh yum, I’ve been making a pumpkin dip with pumpkin, coconut flour and peanut butter that is delicious…this just takes it up a notch!

26. Megan says:

Heck no! Bring on the pumpkin! All of your pumpkin recipes look fantastic and plus, it’s fall! Pumpkin overload is necessary! (Especially in combination with chocolate)

27. What a coincidence! I just made a chocolate cookie dough bowl today that’s similar to yours! And no, I’m not tired of pumpkin yet! 😀

28. I’m not tired of pumpkin and this looks amazing! I’m trying to be a little more healthy this month and reading your blog is probably not helping, but yum! :)

29. Yum! I can never get tired of pumpkin! This looks fab :)

30. Jennyb says:

How many servings/spoons is this recipe for roughly, Katie?

31. Reesa says:

Actually, I would LOVE a straight up pumpkin pie recipe! I think it would be awesome for Thanksgiving. I THINK I could piece together a recipe from your others, but I’m not practiced at this, so having it spelled out would be super awesome.

32. Shelby says:

Hey Katie, do you have to use non dairy milk? I usually buy skim so would the recipe still work if I used that?

1. I like almond milk, but you can use anything you have on hand.

33. CarmenBerkey says:

Is anyone finding the brand of garbonzo you use changes the taste of the dip? I’m getting a really strong bean taste, which isn’t bad but wasn’t sure if that’s what everyone else was getting too.
    :) Thanks!

1. Are you rinsing the beans before using? It really shouldn’t matter about the brand. I’ve used organic, Target brand, Goya, Bush’s, etc, and no one can ever tell.

34. Sadly, I’ve barely had any pumpkin yet!!! But I am planning to make the Punk-kin Pasta from La Dolce Vegan later this week.

35. The dip sounds fun. A great way to add some fiber/protein, i.e. beans, into the diet too!

Congrats on the kitchn feature.

36. Maddie says:

Oh,this looks delicious! Pumpkin is amazingly hard to tire of. :)
    What did you serve on the side to dip? I think gingersnaps would be amazing but maybe that’s the Fall season talking. 😛

But yeah, lol, good call on the gingersnaps. That’s actually what I used for the party! :)

37. Stephanie says:

It’s hard for me to get sick of pumpkin!
    This looks awesome and very easy to make!!! My question is, what kinds of things to you provide to dip into it?? Or do you just scoop it out and eat with a spoon?? My other question is what do you use to store and garnish the dip?

Good serving suggestions include graham crackers or apple slices or even gingersnaps. Or anything else that people serve with regular pumpkin dip.

38. Perfect fall treat…I’m thinking of spreading this over pumpkin bread, or maybe in oatmeal?? The possibilities are endless.

39. Aja says:

That is the best fall treat ever. Just when I thought there wasn’t another use for pumpkin! Yum.

40. Wendy Yamazaki says:

Sounds yummy! What do you use to dip? Cookies? Crackers? Fruit? Or is it meant to be eaten straight out of the bowl with a spoon? :)

Good serving suggestions include graham crackers, sliced fruit, or gingersnaps. Or anything else that people serve with regular pumpkin dip.

41. i do not like pumpkin whatsover, & i got no sweetpotatoe in the house. any other things i could substitute instead? i am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

42. Nathalie says:

Pumpkin = very yes, Katie. Very yes.

Unfortunately (or, fortunately?) I have to make my own “pumpkin” puree here using kabocha, or yellow or purple sweet potatoes. The canned, premade stuff is NOWHERE >.<

43. AHHH this recipe is so perfect. I was just thinking about making your cookie dough again, but then I found THIS :)

I don’t see chocolate chips in the recipe? Would you recommend we not add them?

1. LOL! Oops! No no, I would most definitely NEVER recommend not adding chocolate chips.

Always add chocolate.

To everything ;).

44. Ellen says:

Tired of pumpkin? Surely you jest.
    This idea is brilliant. I can’t wait to try it!

45. Albizia says:

I never get tired of pumpkin. Probably because I hated it as a child and now I want to make up for all the pumpkin treats I’ve missed :) .

46. I don’t think I could ever tire of pumpkin…eating it so much during the fall makes me realize I should eat it more all year round!

47. I kinda feel like us Brits miss out a little on all the pumpkin fun! Pumpkins seem to be so much more of an ‘event’ over there, wheras here once halloween is over you barely see a pumpkin until the ext year!! that being said, I did put in the effort to join in a little and made some pumpkin scones- oh and yes they were delicious, so now i’m happy!! :-)

48. I don’t think I could EVER get tired of pumpkin!!! (Not even in summer 😉 ) I definitely need to make this! I LOVE you cookie dough dip and snickerdoodle dip, so I’m sure this would be a hit! Thank you for the amazing recipe 😀 (Yes, I haven’t tried it yet, but I have to know it’s amazing!)

<3 <3

49. I pretty much eat pumpkin year round. Probably is my favorite flavor. Or maybe banana:) I’m psyched for the chocolate pumpkin pie! I love my chocolate pumpkin smoothies.

50. Kathy says:

-stares at ingredients list- *thinks to self* oh hey..I have all those things in my pantry/fridge…
    Making this tomorrow! YES :]
    Unless the beans turned bad after 3 days…or has it been 4? :\ eh whatever

51. Yum! :) I’m not tired of pumpkin yet and I probably won’t be until spring. lol.

52. Ashley says:

I made this as soon as I saw it. I’ve had it twice today with apples once and pretzels.
    I made mine with sucanat, it’s like a fall hug rolled in a big bowl of delicious!

My husband loved it but I won’t let him know there are beans in there. 😉

1. Awww that makes me SO happy!!!

53. Never tired of pumpkin. Never. At least, not while you’re around. 😉

54. Susan says:

This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for all of the wonderful recipes! My sister and I love making them!! :)

55. michelle says:

OMG this was sooooo good….love it…. not tired of pumpkin stuff at all

56. Geez! You can never get tired of pumpkin!

57. I will be tired of pumpkin when it’s the spring and it doesn’t taste as good! lol

58. Dalai Lina says:

I’m not tired of them yet because I have not made one pumpkin thing this season! I just live vicariously through you :)

59. LizAshlee says:

I continue to LUV pumpkin…even better when cookie dough is involved!! :)

60. Gena says:

The pumpkin craze lives on! Great recipe, Katie :)

61. Loving the major amounts of pumpkin going on over here!!! 😀

62. Tessa says:

My first thought… what would I serve this with. My second thought… oh just get me a spoon :) This look so good!

63. I will never get tired of pumpkin! It is SO good! Maybe that’s why I’m still orange…..

Katie, I was wondering if I could use your special-diets-page idea (like having a tab/page for that, just like the other categories for my recipes). I wanted to ask your permission to do so.

CHOCOLATE IS THE BEST! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

1. Aww of course! LOL you’re so sweet to even ask!! :)

64. Priscilla says:

Just made your polka dot banana bread as a thank-you for a friend for taking care of my cats while I was away. Except I forgot that my friend is actually out of town right now. Oops! Guess I have to eat the bread myself!

I made this into two small loaves. The flavor is really good. The chocolate chips give it a lot of sweetness. My favorite part is the texture. It is kinda light and spongy, not as dense as most banana breads that I am used to. I did use regular white flour (I’ve been trying to use up this bag…). I baked about 40 minutes in the two smaller loaf pans, and they came out perfectly.

Thanks for another great recipe!

1. Aww I’m so glad!

P.S. Your blog makes me hungry… I wish I were in Boston!

65. Aly says:

Made this last night for an all-hall event…YUM. I substituted 1/3 cup agave for the brown sugar. My favorite comment was “It’s like pumpkin pie and chocolate-chip cookies had a baby.”

1. Haha oh man, best comment ever!

66. Andrea says:

Making this tomorrow with your graham cracker recipe posted today for a post-halloween costume party tomorrow!! Stoked, as I made your choc cookie dough dip and loved it. My only qualm- oats have gluten, do they not? So this isn’t gluten-free unless you specifically buy gluten-free oats?

1. I try to make my recipes as generic as possible. So even though I use things like almond milk and vegan chocolate chips in recipes, I’ll just say “nondairy milk” and “chocolate chips.” That way people can use what THEY want when they make the recipe. Same with oats: From what I understand, oats don’t really have gluten, but they’re usually processed on equipment that also makes food with gluten (i.e. flours and bread, etc.) so there can be cross-contamination. But someone who is following a GF diet can easily keep this recipe gluten-free by buying certified GF oats, which seem to be pretty widely-available :).

I hope it turns out well for you!! :)

1. Andrea says:

I’ve never heard that about oats! Crazy! I’m not gluten free, but a friend at the party I’m going to is, and so I was going to try and modify them for him. Thank you! :)

1. Ooh I hope he likes them!! Haha I didn’t know that about oats either until my friend decided to go on a gluten-free diet a few months ago. She’s been helping me understand so much about the diet. I still have no idea how to bake with xantham gum, though!

1. Andrea says:

I ended up just leaving out the oats and putting a little flaxmeal in to thicken it… oh my word… amazing! This is my favorite recipe I’ve tried so far. My husband, who seems to have a phobia for all things “healthy,” liked this recipe and probably didn’t suspect it was made of beans. Thank you again!

67. I just made this recipe and it is AMAZING! Anyone who has this on their “to make” list who has not yet gotten around to it….you need to STOP what you are doing (I don’t care if you are working, driving, playing with your kids, cleaning, etc.) and make this. ASAP. Enough said. Thanks for a great recipe Katie. As a Registered Dietitian, I always feel like it is my job to provide healthy options at parties, yet my family and friends usually don’t like the “food police” regulating what can and cannot be served at holiday gatherings. So now I have something healthy and delicious to bring! :-)

1. LOL you are too funny! Who wouldn’t want to stop working or driving in order to eat cookie dough, right? Cookie dough > work. Always 😉

68. Erin says:

I finally made this tonight… delicious. I couldn’t keep my spoon out of it! Mine came out a little bean-y tasting so I added a packet of stevia. It turned out well and made it a little less bean-y.

1. Erin says:

Also, are you sure on the calorie count? I calculated it out and the whole recipe had around 1000 calories…

1. Yes, I’m sure. I did it by grams (adding them all up and then dividing by 15 to get the # of Ts)

69. Alyssa says:

this looks amazing! just like the rest of your recipes, i want to eat them all 😛 i love that they’re all so healthy but never skimp on the flavor. keep it up!!

70. Renata says:

I just made this, and I am hooked! I omitted the oil and it is still fabulous. Thank you Katie for your wonderful creations…

71. Taylor says:

Definitely NOT sick of pumpkin yet! Can’t wait to try this!

72. jenny says:

I’ve been scouring your blog all night hahaha. I don’t have a blender/processer up at school with me, would this be not so great even if I hand mix it realllllyy well?

1. Unfortunately I think the chunky beans might be a little weird :-?. But if you *like* chunky beans, maybe not lol!

73. Leah says:

This looks crazy awesome! I can’t wait to make it. I have a 1/2 cup pumpkin in the fridge right now that is just waiting for this recipe :)

1. Leah says:

OMG, I just made this and it’s awesome! I topped it with fat free whip cream and my husband couldn’t believe how good it was! Thx :)

74. I never tire of pumpkin!!! resistance is futile – love that.

75. Ally's Oma says:

Is there an oat-less version? Thank you Katie!

76. Ghaaaa ghaaaaa I want this for dinner! If only I had garbanzo beans in my pantry!

77. Amy Jo says:

I brought this to a party yesterday, and it was a hit! In fact, one person suggested that “Jesus” made it, indicating that only Jesus himself could make something so wonderful. I made a few changes: I doubled the pumpkin (because I LOVE pumpkin), doubled and substituted pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, and omitted the milk. We dipped Nilla Wafers in it, which were yummy, but I think pretzels offered the best of both salty and sweet.
    I’m not vegan but stumbled upon your blog when my daughter was dairy intolerant. I had to give up dairy while I was breastfeeding, and I never once felt cheated out of yummy deserts or decadent pancakes with your recipes! The deep dish cookie pie is also one of my favs to bring to parties!
    Thank you for doing what you do, and thank you for continuing your blog!

1. LOL oh my word, that is hilarious! :) :)

2. Casey says:

AMEN, Amy Jo! I’m addicted to Katie’s site!

78. mthompson013 says:

This is delicious, especially when you are dipping vanilla wafers. Yummy enough to be enjoyed any time of year.

79. Heather says:

so if not totally eating all this up at once what is the best way to store it?

1. Covered in the fridge for a few days :)

1. Heather says:

Awesome thanks for the quick response

80. Lindsay says:

Mmm, love this variation on your cookie dough dip. I have been making your basic cookie dough dip on a regular basis now. I just tried this pumpkin version and may even like it better than the original! I used sucanat for my sweetener (only 1/4 cup) and Better N Peanut Butter ( 1.5 T) for the fat choice. So good it doesn’t even needs any add-ins, but i do think raisins would be delicious in it.

81. Maureen says:

Made this today with canned Great Northern beans- it tastes even LESS like beans than using garbanzos! YUMM

82. Elizabeth says:

I just made this – yummmm! Though I confess – it seems that I am unable to follow a recipe exactly. I always seem to tweak it in one way or another… Well, here is what I did:

I used sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin (I needed to use them up!), and I added almost double the amount. I didn’t have quick oats so I used rolled oats. I also added at least 2x as much cinnamon, and added some other “pumpkin pie spices”: allspice, nutmeg, and a dash of ginger. Finally, for sweetener, I used a bit of molasses (did you know that white sugar + molasses = brown sugar?) and drizzled some honey in there. (*GASP!!* Honey?! yes, I work with beekeepers, and I don’t see how honey can be thought of as an animal byproduct.)

I just thought I’d share for anyone who would like any ideas on substitutions and all that. :)

1. I honestly don’t have a problem with honey either. I think more animals die in my organic, buggy broccoli (yuck lol).

83. Liz says:

This made a delicious PB substitute on my PB and Jelly sandwich!

84. Casey says:

Ummmmmmmmmmm…WHO doesn’t like pumpkin?!?!?! My hubby and I are obsessed…proven by the fact that almost HALF of our recipe stash contains some sort of pumpkin. Can’t WAIT to try this!

85. Casey B says:

I made this today. Good stuff! Not sure if I like this or the chocolate chip cookie dip better. I did the sugar-free version using dates. Used 1 1/4 cup dates, which i measured out to 225grams according to a website I found 90g= 1/2 cup dates. I used only 1 T of coconut oil. For milk I used vanilla almond milk unsweetened. Needed about 3 T to make it the creamy texture I wanted. Oh so good! I have not yet added chocolate chips. It is chilling in the fridge now. I plan to serve in small dishes and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. :) Thinking either graham crackers or apple slices to dip in there. Or a spoon!! Thanks Katie!

86. Robyn says:

Tired of pumpkin??…UUummm noooo way! So glad to see lots of other punkin” lovers,,,keep ’em coming :) MaKinG

87. Amy says:

Thank you thank you thank you! I love all of your recipes, and my family especially loves the sugar free brownie batter dip. I am so excited to try pumpkin :)

88. Norwegian girl says:

I just made this using sweet potato and dates and it is absolutely delicious. I’m eating it as I type and trying hard to savour every bite:-) I used 225g soft dates that didn’t need soaking beforehand, probably about 1 cup of pure, great northern beans and some cardamom. This is first time I’ve experienced absolutely no bean taste in a bean-based dessert. I think as someone else have commented that white beans are a better choice than chickpeas. I don’t even own a blender or food processor, just a cheap hand blender but everything came out nice and smooth at last.

89. Kristin says:

Delicious! My 15 month old daughter and I love all your yummy dips! They’re quick and easy to make and she gets lots of healthy protein from a dessert! It’s a win win, love your blog :)

90. Cici says:

This was soooo yummy!

91. Cal says:

This looked really yummy so I tried making it today, I didn’t have a can of white beans so I used some from a bag but I don’t think I cooked it long enough. So then I had real trouble getting it to blend : ( next time I make something like this I’ll get a can of beans or make sure I cook them enough. Mine still tasted okay, especially with chocolate.

92. Hi there Katie,

I live in Australia. I’ve just stumbled on your fabulous site, and after trialling your choc frosting shots (mmm d-lish) I decided to try this pumkin cookie dough dip. Thing is I used white beans (actually called Cannellini beans). Here we call Garbanzo beans ‘chick peas’ … I also don’t own a food processor (yet) and so I had no choice but to blend it.
    Well it turned out ok I guess, but not as grainy and with tiny chewy looking bits in yours. Mine went fine. Not sure if my kids will go for it. But are ‘chick-peas’ what I am suppose to use?
    By the way congratulations on an excellent place for us to come, who love sweets but also value our health and longevity. :-)

93. Alice says:

Can’t decide what to bring to a friend’s birthday party…. this dip or the simple cookie dough dip…?
    She is incredibly conscious concerning her weight and body shape and everything so i could probably make her happy if I brought the one with fewer calories :/
    Is the pumpkin version lower calorie because auf the “volumizing” with pumpkin?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Yes, it would be. But probably not drastically so.

94. Katie says:

Wow, this is sooo good! After a personal failed attempt at one of your other cookie dough dip recipes (too many creative substitutions… should have stuck to your recipe!), this one is to die for. Any pumpkin lover should absolutely love this dip.

I made a couple slight changes to suit my taste. I used just 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter in place of the oil, supplemented by 1/2 tsp of butter, since I am not vegan and just because I wanted a slight buttery taste for my dough. (I bet butter extract would be yummy too!)

I’m a sweet fiend, but I decided to use only 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and it was perfect! I’m sure it is super delicious with the full 1/2 cup, but I don’t mind saving a few more calories when it is awesome with the reduced amount.

I also used great northern beans, since they are what I had on hand. My sister is really skeptical of all the “weird” food that I enjoy. I just have a really open mind about it and she doesn’t really, which is fine. But even she said the dip was really good! Even though she detected a slightly beany taste. I did not AT ALL. But, like I said… a bit closed minded :p

It was probably just in her head… more for me 😀

95. Rose says:

Love your recipes! quick question, could I use white kidney beans? would this give me the same results ( only thing I have around and wanted to whip it up quickly)

1. Yes, I think that would be fine :)

1. Carmel says:

Loving this blog and can’t wait to try some recipes! What size can are you using for the garbanzo beans?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

15 oz.

96. Sara says:

Hi there! Fabulous recipes! Do you use a special kind of chocolate chips for your recipes? I try to be sugar free but so many of these amazing recipes call for chocolate chips which are delicious but of course have sugar. Just wondering what you use. thanks!

1. Hi Sara :)
      I normally bake with EnjoyLife mini chips… but if you want sugar-free chocolate chips you can try this recipe:
      I wouldn’t bake with the above recipe, but it’s fine for the cookie dough dip :)

1. sara says:

Thank you for the great information and taking the time to reply! =)

97. Rebekah Sanchez says:

So this may be a dumb question, but how do I share this on Facebook? I don’t see a “share” link on this page.

1. Not a dumb question at all!
      Just go to your facebook page and paste this link into the “update status” box at the top. Give it a second, and a photo should show up :).

98. Allyn says:

I think I am going to turn this into a pumpkin blondie by adding chocolate chips and baking them! :) Hopefully this will work, and if so l will be in heaven!

99. amy says:

Hi Katie, I just adore you! I remember seeing a picture of you and your Mom in a wheelchair, and your scarf was braided so nicely. How did you do that with your scarf? I love your healthy recipes. God bless you :)

100. Lucy says:

How many cups of white beans are in one can? This looks heavenly! I think I will put mine in my porridge :)