Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

Just try to keep your spoon out of this:

dip white1

Oh forget it.

Resistance is futile.

I made this pumpkin cookie dough dip for a Halloween party on Saturday. But it almost didn’t get there. My roommate and I had a difficult time taking the dip out of the food processor… we kept stealing more and more tastes!

pumpkin dip3

The guests at the party experienced a similar difficulty leaving this dip alone. Even people who said they didn’t like pumpkin were begging for the recipe.

dip white1

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

Inspired by my Chocolate Chip Pizookie Pie.

• 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin or sweet potato
  • 1 can white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed very well
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • brown sugar (see below for notes on how much, and substitutions)
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp oil OR 2 tbsp nut butter
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • milk of choice, as needed – I used 1 and 1/2 tbsp almond milk

This could not be easier: just combine everything in a food processor (not a blender, for best results) and whirl until VERY smooth.

As for sugar: I used 1/2 cup brown sugar (which is cut down from the amount called for in my regular cookie dough dip). If you want a pumpkin dip with absolutely no added sugar whatsoever, see the above “nutrition facts” link. And if you wish to use other sweeteners, I’m sure that’d be fine. (Using Sucanat might give it a fun “gingerbread-y” taste.)

View Nutrition Facts

Seriously, go grab a spoon.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Yum!! I would love to attend a party where you bring your fabulous treats! 🙂
    This is a perfect seasonal dish!! 🙂

1. Michaela says:

I thought exactly the same 😀
      Her friends are SO lucky!

2. Kimberly says:

tired of pumpkin??? never 😉

3. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin…okay, I’m not a fan at all 😀 And with the whole blogging community on a pumpkin craze, I can’t wait for pumpkin season to be over!

1. It is a craze isn’t it? I’m not a fish fan and I can’t imagine the horrors if there was an entire season dedicated to fish. I think I’d either fall over or avoid blogs for a few months until it ended. Good luck girl!

4. WOAH. I plan on making this TODAY as soon as I get home! I can’t wait! 😀

And I could NEVER get tired of pumpkin! 😛

5. Not tired of pumpkin yet. Heck it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet! Bring it!

Love adding the beans. Makes it “healthy” ya know? Plus I love the extra protein/fiber kick!

6. love your recipes but Im curious if you need the baking powder if you are not going to be baking them?

1. The baking soda (not powder; it must be soda) is actually for flavor. You can definitely leave it out, but I my favorite cookies (and thus cookie dough) have a baking soda kick :).

7. Kit-Kat says:

Oh, yum! I can’t wait to try this out….
    I love pumpkin so much, and any winter/summer squash root veggie (like zuchinni, sweet mamas, yams, acorn squashes, etc). You should try to make a sweet potato-pecan dip for thanksgiving!

8. Heck to the no am I tired of pumpkin yet! I love the stuff. I’m considering stocking up so I have a full year’s supply throughout the year after the holidays are over. 😉 This stuff sounds amazingly delicious!!

9. Jennifer JCD says:

Oooh, yummy, and nut-free! I don’t have quick oats, so I will try this with some chopped rolled oats and see how it turns out. Looks yummy!

Tire of pumpkin? Never!

10. Sometimes I think I’ll get tired of the idea of pumpkin but as soon as I eat it that goes right out of my head again. The great thing about pumpkin is it’s so darn good for you while tasting so good – so no tiring here!

11. Sara says:

I have to say, I love how “clean” and simple your recipes are. Most of the time, when I search for vegan recipes, I still feel like I need to do a ton of things to adapt them. I don’t have time for a bunch of fussy ingredients and preparations either. I would like to request that you maaaaybe make a recipe using cranberries 🙂 I’ve bought 2 bags of them (it seemed like a good idea in the store), and have yet to find anything very interesting to try. Thanks for all the yummy ideas!

1. I can put it on my to-do list… but lol that list is very long! 😕

12. Priya says:

if this is not to be baked, why add baking soda at all?

1. The baking soda is actually for flavor. You can definitely leave it out, but my favorite cookies (and thus cookie dough) have a baking soda kick.

13. Tami says:

Okay I have to make this! I don’t think I will ever tire of pumpkin – I love it!

14. Susan says:

Can you share some of your favorite things to dip into this or serve with it? Trying to visualize bringing it all on a platter to a ladies PJ party I’m attending this weekend. Would love suggestions from all of you.

1. It can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread (maybe in between apple slices or crackers?), eaten with a spoon, mixed into oatmeal, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes.

Good serving suggestions include graham crackers or apple slices or gingersnaps. Or anything else that people serve with regular pumpkin dip.

15. Oh my gosh- this looks delicious! I don’t know if mine would ever make it out of the blender either!! I love all the healthy ingredients in it too! A healthy treat that combines pumpkin and cookie dough? You are a genius!

16. Erin says:

Get out, Katie. This looks amazing. I am pumpkin obsessed and I’ve been looking forward to making your cookie dough dip… this is a perfect combination. And no, I can’t get sick of pumpkin! I’m actually eating pumpkin oatmeal right now. 🙂 Do you foresee getting sick of it anytime soon?

1. Haha nope! And I never even considered myself a pumpkin lover!

17. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of pumpkin. I’m working on building a stash for the year but I go through it so fast it’s tough!! Looks delicious 🙂

18. Oh goodness! Looks and sounds quite yummy! Perfect to bring for Thanksgiving! HELLO NOVEMBER! 🙂

19. Megan says:

Heck no! Bring on the pumpkin! All of your pumpkin recipes look fantastic and plus, it’s fall! Pumpkin overload is necessary! (Especially in combination with chocolate)

20. What a coincidence! I just made a chocolate cookie dough bowl today that’s similar to yours! And no, I’m not tired of pumpkin yet! 😀