Puppy Pictures

dogs fire

Gloomy.

If you look it up in a dictionary, you might see a photo of our weather these past three days: cold, windy, rainy.Gloomy.

My cold-fighting weapons include:

chocolate-oatmeal

A big, warm bowl of Five Minute Chocolate Oatmeal.

And: fleece pants, fluffy blankets, and hot showers. (Hot showers are the best!)

Batman’s cold-fighting weapon:

costco heat dish

The Costco heatdish. I swear, my dogs are like moths. If there is a heat dish or fireplace lit, they will gravitate towards it and reuse to move until someone turns it off. (Batman and Henry still live at my parents’ house. I miss them! They’re close, though, so I visit often.)

When cold, eat… ice cream??

Yesterday morning, the deluge of rain temporarily gave way to a light mist, allowing me to bundle up and go for a run. After breakfast and a hot shower, I actually felt a bit warm and, oddly enough, was craving ice cream.  Tomorrow’s post will be for my ice cream recipe. So, to keep warm while eating the ice cream, you might want to invest in a Costco heatdish of your own.

Batman’s not sharing his.

1. Your puppy is so cute! I’m currently looking to get a dog. :) And I love eating ice cream on a cold day, next the fire of course. :)

2. I love fires and warm robes when it’s cold out!

3. Nikki says:

Hehehe they are the cutest things, ever! I love puppy dogs! I just want to curl up by the fire with mine sometimes!

4. Hey the body wants what the body wants – ice cream sounds good to me!

The puppies are so adorable. My cats are the same with heat. You’d think being covered in a thick coat of fur would do but they love it!

5. How funny. I live in WI where it’s almost always FREEZING in the winter and I’ve never heard of a hotdish! Would have come in handy when the heater died in my apartment and it was a chilly 54 one night! How showers definitely helped! :-)

6. I crave cold drinks when I’m cold- it’s the weirdest thing. …… I’m like a moth to flame too when it comes to finding warmth!

7. Lauren says:

Awww you must miss your puppy when he’s with your parents! Is he coming to live with you soon? That’s been the hardest part about college for me…leaving my dog at home :(

8. Ashley says:

I always crave ice cream in the winter! It’s definitely pretty strange. But I love it!

9. Adorable puppies! I would love to be at home right now curled up in a blanket by the fireplace, instead of sitting at my desk!

10. Lindsay says:

Those chocolate oats look deeeeelish! Just curious – have you tried this recipe with quick oats? If not, any suggestions for using quick instead of rolled oats?

1. I haven’t, but you can definitely do it! When I use quick oats for something, I always just use less liquid and know that it cooks faster :).

11. Sarah says:

On cold days i love a good movie, a blanket, hot cocoa with the works, cookies aaaand ICE CREAM- i crave ice cream all year long. weird. Also i love a dog on my lap… ummm, awkward? Hey, i’m a dogsitter, comes with the job :)

12. Meg says:

I love ice cream when I’m sick – perfect sore throat cure 😉

13. Haha I’ve been craving frozen yogurt even though our highs aren’t getting above 40!

14. Val says:

Aww they are so cute!!!

15. Kit-Kat says:

Oh, goodie!
    I love ice-“cream” anytime! Actually, I’ve been eating lots of it recently, and it’s become a major addiction of mine. Don’t ask me why, but I just love to eat it especially when it’s cold out…. it’s a good excuse to have hot cocoa or tea right afterward! :-)

16. Omigosh your pups are so cute!! I want a dog so badly!! And I think I’m like the dogs, whenever a space heater or fire is on, I gravitate towards it!

17. I loveeee hot showers after a cold and/or rainy run… the best!! I’ve been all about big comforting warm meals lately myself up here in Vermont!

18. Aww Batman has it figured out. :) My cats are like that with heaters. Although..once one of them burnt his paws because he stretched on it! Ouch!

19. Your doggy is so cute. And I love hot showers!! My husband usually complains that I didn’t save any hot water for him.